Will Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong do better without Rexy Mainaky?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Sep 3, 2011.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Total agreement with what was posted. :):):)

Why play Game 3, when the match can be won in 2?

2. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    very much true... their habitual tactic is so becoming painfully redundant to my eyes... if only these two can be more seriously driven of their winning goal each time they are on court and stop those 'showing off' tactics that eventually make them lose focus and there you go, history will repeat itself... *shaking head profusely*

I don't doubt their ability (i.e skill, etc) but I doubt their way of handling the matters on court when things don't go their way (i.e unforced errors etc) ... whenever I see TBH get frustrated of KKK's over the top errors in the making, I knew things will go awry for this pair...

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    bro, if they can improve their stamina, they would have done it during rexy days. Obviously their brain is stucked it their butts. ;)

4. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    well well said. not only lack of stamina but doesn't have brains too. didnt they get tired always lost in game 2 and get tired in game 3 ?

5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Sucess is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. That said, Rexy can inspire, coach and teach them all he could but if KKK/TBH are not willing to train hard esp on fitness, they would not go far. Now, for them to tell BAM and BAM kow-tow to them to let them pick their coach, now would TKH and PCC be able or dare to tell KKK/TBH to work their butt of? If they need inspiration, check the article on Gong Zhi Chao, CHN WS legend, she is only 5'1", one of her weapons are speed and stamina, and that is due to her training system, don't need more inspiration than that;)

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    BAM has got a world class MD coach in Rexy. KKK/TBH early success in AG and AE with Rexy are forgotten, what matters now are gold or bust from LCW and KKK/TBH in WC and OLY12. WC11 no gold, so the next target is OLY12 to prolong the 3 stooges continual reign at BAM to mismanage the funds, appoint their useless buddy Datuk and run MAS badminton to the ground. There are no plans to inject funding to local BAs nor to find the next LCW, no plans to improve the morale and living standard of juniors...what we seen are bullying tactics (just to let you know who is boss here, I select who I want to reoresent MAS even if you qualify on merit, do you get it?), ban players who resign on their own to play private (only if you politely ask for my request then I will let you quit)...what these 3 clowns are gunning for is LCW and/or KKK/TBH to score that WC or OLY gold to prolong their plungering career. So, it is not the coach fault, it is the players that are not willing to work hard that cannot win. Does anyone really think the KOR, INA and esp old-men FHF/CY win just that they are good, they train like there is no tomorrow. What NCC does is shooting aimlessly in the dark, hope to score that one elusive gold. Since KKK/TBH is one of BAM 2 high-hopes, Rexy coachiing system is way too hard so Rexy is the sacrificial lamb. KKK/TBH are older than their winning days of AE and AG. What are TKH/PCC do, since KKK/TBH are not lacking talent but stamina, speed, endurance, power which are fitness related?
    That being said, LCW looks like BAM savior if he wins or goat if he lose, LCW should ask for a couple more Ferraris or more millions since he is the best one to earn NCC/KG Datukship, bonuses and continual bossing at BAM. I know if I am LCW, I would ask for the moon, once LCW career is over, BAM would say thanks for the past and the memories...just like Rexy;)

#86 OneToughBirdie, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  7. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    LCW works his butts out to get to where he is.
    He is too much of a gentleman to make ridiculous demands.
    His behavior on court has been exemplary and he is a UNICEF ambassador because of his positive traits. You cannot say that for LD and a lot of others.

8. visor

visor Regular Member

Actually Koo and Tan did very well in the 1st game against Jung and Lee, winning the first 6 points in a row! :0

And they did very well when Tan was at the back and Koo in front. Tan with threat of his smash was able to use 3/4 power smashes at acute angles to suppress the Koreans, while Koo was able to win many points by intercepting and blocking the returns to the net. I think I counted at least 8 times that the Koreans were prone on the ground trying to get those surprise blocks! :p

Koo was exemplary with his netplay and forecourt skills, many points won here.

But Tan was the weak link. By the second game, after 15 something, he made 5 consecutive unforced errors! On serve, serve return, simple block, net etc! Then by the 3rd game, Koo and Tan resorted back to their old selves of lifting and defending. :( Although by the end when they realized that they were going to lose, they purposely kept on lifting to Lee to tire him out and see if he could take it. :p

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    The above post, correct analysis.

10. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Not many people know...many players gamble their matches to earn big bucks....thats all I can say..I am not pointing any figures on players or certain countries...what I say many players do that.....

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that gotta be illegal, right? they must hide it really well.

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    We do know.

13. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Some got kicked out......"that person" got kicked out from the team last year....some got warnings...some players wanted to be independence ( one of the reason is for that purpose)...many players are offered big bucks to lose..some rejected..some cant...how do you prove it??

some bet by wining in rubber...they are not losing but he or she is supposed to win in 2 games, make it 3 games to earn bigger bucks..
    some bet by losing first half in the match but winning the rest...anyway..thats the reality!

14. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    these guys are earning PEANUTS as "celebrities"

lotta of these lesser known players sell their racquets to make ends meet!

15. extremenanopowe

We should have a thread on 'What are the ways to gamble in badminton'. ;)

This will let those bozos know that public are not stupid. ;)

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Sunday September 18, 2011
    Koo-Tan’s request granted
    By RAJES PAUL
    PETALING JAYA: Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong’s request to train under coach Pang Cheh Chang has been granted.
    Now, all that the men’s doubles pair have to do is step up and be counted in their bid to turn their game around before next year’s Olympic Games in London.
    On Friday, Kien Keat-Boon Heong lost 21-15, 16-21, 13-21 to South Koreans Jung Jae-sung-Lee Yong-dae in a 66-minute match in the China Masters at Changzhou. It was their first tournament without Rexy Mainaky as their coach.
    [​IMG] Looking ahead: Pang Cheh Chang will help Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong prepare for the Japan Open.
    Kien Keat-Boon Heong came under fire after an uninspiring performance in the World Championships in England last month. They then parted ways with Rexy, their coach for the past five years, and asked the BA of Malaysia to allow them to train under Cheh Chang.
    Yesterday, new doubles head coach Tan Kim Her said that Kien Keat-Boon Heong would officially train under Cheh Chang after next week’s Japan Open in Tokyo.
    Cheh Chang was with Kien Keat-Boon Heong in China. He, however, will not join them in Japan. Cheh Chang will return home tomorrow to hold talks with Kim Her and Rosman Razak, the other doubles coach, on plans to beef up Kien Keat-Boon Heong’s training programme for the Olympics.
    “Both the elite and back-up men’s doubles players will now train together in the first hour of the training session every day. After that, Kien Keat-Boon Heong will have a more personalised training under Cheh Chang,” said Kim Her.
    “Cheh Chang will be responsible for their training but he will be in constant communication with me. Rosman will also be helping out in training. We will give Koo and Tan all the help that they need to get them all fired up. Their ultimate goal is the Olympics.
    “These players have to play their part too by giving their all in training and tournaments.
    “We have three coaches in the men’s doubles and I hope all players will show their eagerness to learn from us,” added Kim Her.
    When contacted in China, Cheh Chang said he was happy he had a chance to watch Kien Keat-Boon Heong in action.
    “They showed a strong desire to win. But there are still some areas that we need to work on. I will focus on improving their speed and power on court,” said Cheh Chang.
    Cheh Chang added that he would help Kien Keat-Boon Heong prepare for the Japan Open.
    “They asked me to train them yesterday (Saturday) and today even though it’s their birthdays (Kien Keat and Boon Heong will be 26 and 24 respectively). They are very committed. Hopefully, they will give a better account of themselves in Japan,” said Cheh Chang.
    At the Japan Open, which begins on Wednesday, Kien Keat and Boon Heong are seeded third. They are in the same half of the draw as top seeds Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng of China, Indonesians Alven Yulianto-Hendra Gunawan and Japan’s Hirokatsu Hashimoto-Noriyasu Hirata.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/9/18/sports/9524503.asp&sec=sports

17. flite

flite Regular Member

It works both ways. All the top pairs have their moments of brilliants and time when they commits unforced errors. The point is how to prolonged the run of winning shots and minimized on the errors and that is why a match is determined out of 3 sets not 1.

Talking about MAS pair good points, Koo is quite good at the front but how about Cai Yun, Hendra Setiawan and Lee YD at their best?

No doubt TBH has powerful smashes, the same goes to FHF, MK and JJS if not better.

Now when it comes to other top pairs ability to churn out power, speed, endurance (ability to apply sufficient pressure on the opponents throughout the entire match), on court intelligence and consistency, where does Koo/Tan stand in comparison? They are lacking in all departments aren't they?

When one knows they are lacking behind and couldn't catch up its either down to ignorance (still resting on their laurel), discipline (poor training regime, lack focus, got big headed) or simply they are not good enough.

Whether its unforced errors, weak defends, outrageous shots, arrogant or wrong strategy applied it all reflect back to what type of players/level they are.

So the question is why all these weaknesses doesn't apply to other top world class pairs?

#97 flite, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  18. Arc8DX

Arc8DX New Member

Law student
    The Association starts blaming the coach when nothing goes right. Rexy was an excellent coach. Without him I doubt those two would be up there today... and it doesn't look, from their faces, that those two would review their own game or fitness level either...

19. extremenanopowe

U see this??? Even before TKH start coaching them, he already said this.

“These players have to play their part too by giving their all in training and tournaments."

So, who is in the wrong here? Did they have macdonalds again? ;)

20. extremenanopowe

U see this??? Even before TKH start coaching them, he already said this.

“These players have to play their part too by giving their all in training and tournaments."

So, who is in the wrong here? Did they have macdonalds again? ;)