[BAM] Missing out on Thomas Cup Finals no big deal, say BAM

Discussion in 'Thomas / Uber Cup Preliminary Round 2012' started by rogerv2, Jan 31, 2012.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    You are sending out a troll waiting for a bait. Well then, single out one thing that NCC has done since he took the helm at BAM that benefits Malaysian badminton. This chap has made some of the worst decisions and said some of the stupidiest thing as the so-called leader of the pack. Sure he can't blame for lack of funding. The fact he still keeps his job and run this boat like a drunk sailor despite all these screw-ups tells me he got serious connections and top heavy backup. And Maybank giving away $6M this year and $7M next without demanding accountability smell like a rotten fish. Who really are benefitting financially from the windfall? I would not be surprised if one day the account is bare after these chaps call it a day.

3. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Just 3 cuts will do

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    they talked a lot in media
    about who partner who is ok
    who have better record against who
    the more they talk,the less surprise they can spring

5. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Yeah, I disagree with them talking to the media especially about the HTH/TBH thingy in the NST...

6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

This is profound, why 3? Let me think, is 3 your favourite number. Or NCC, James and Ah Jit make the 3. That s too small a number for mob like casualty.

7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

On the contrary, Thomas Cup and other team tournaments have upstaged individual tournaments because there are no fake matches. Plus the suspense element of surprise options depending on coach intelligence.

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yup, too talkative but with little good work been done thus far................these group of people...!!!

9. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    That's the spirit. ;)

PETALING JAYA: Top women’s singles shuttler Tee Jing Yi is only 21 but she is already a veteran of two Uber Cup campaigns.
    The stocky Jing Yi, who celebrates her birthday today, was a reserve in Indonesia 2008 and played second singles in Malaysia 2010.
    She is hoping her experience will serve her well as she aims to lead Malaysia past the qualifiers which begin in Macau next Monday.
    Malaysia, drawn in a tough Group W with powerhouse China and strong contenders India, face a daunting task in qualifying for the Finals in Wuhan.
    But the draw could be a blessing in disguise as Malaysia only need to beat India in order to qualify for the quarter-finals where they will meet either Indonesia or Thailand — teams that are actually beatable.
    Jing Yi has but one birthday wish — to win the first point for Malaysia in Macau and hand the team a major confidence boost.
    “India will definitely be tough because Saina Nehwal is a very good player but I will try my best to steal the game from her,” said Jing Yi.
    “I might lose, but even if I do I will go down fighting. Hopefully, the rest of the team will have the same fighting spirit and confidence.”
    Jing Yi added that it would be more favourable to meet Thailand in the quarter-finals should they progress from the group stages.
    “Personally, I would prefer In**do*nesia because their singles are weaker. But, as a team, we would be better off facing Thailand because our doubles should have two points in the bag. But we have to worry about advancing from our group first.”
    The Uber Cup squad have a simulation matches today where Jing Yi will take on former men’s back-up shuttler Kuan Kam Chung who is now a sparring partner for the women’s team.

10. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

To those who think Malaysia would not qualify to the TC better take heed of what Sven Pri warned his coach leading up to the epic semi final clash in TC 1976.

Never under estimate the Malaysians. They have tradition and history on their side.

And how right he was. The over confident Danes were bundled out in 1976 by a very young and untested Malaysian side.

The Indonesians were to learn that in 1988.

It is actually better for the other teams to think they can take Malaysia on, a wounded tiger has a nastier and ferocious bite.

11. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Dude, I love your MAS Boleh spirit and harimau optimism:D, surely NCC needs a dose of this stuff than to wave a surrender flag before the game even starts;) But Sven Pri was dead. I think the harimau this time is too badly wounded and the ferocious bark sounds like a miao-miao, the goose is cooked, habis.:crying:

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Two oldies reminiscing !!!

13. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Amidst the doom and gloom.. i should say .. we need a little bit of this.. we all know the score, there is no illusions as to where we stand..

14. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    All in good humour:D Together we say...yip, yip, hurrah, go MAS go, go Habis go...err I mean, go Hafiz go, we need you to yo-yo up:p

15. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Saina is down, hopefully the ladies can take advantage of this window. ;)

16. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

abandon ALL HOPE...!!

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    If you had said that about Indonesia, then yes, I would agree. However applying to Malaysia, it probably is a bit of wistful thinking. Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy if Malaysia get through but they don't seem to have many players capable of causing an upset or reliable 'banker pairs'.

Also in 1976, the Thomas cup was of a different format so there were a lot more permutations.

18. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    SonnyBoy is reminiscing those good old pre-CHN, pre-KOR days:p...honestly, MAS would do good this time just to make it to the finals...when HH said at the time he quit BAM is to give the young fellas a chance to shine and now, MAS has to recall HH to play 2nd MS and pray HH yo-yo up on game day and steal a point, and with the 3rd MS is as good as cooked, then MAS is in big trouble...so no more reminiscing those good old days of wooden rackets and all....that NCC chap is telling the rakyat to kiss TC goodbye but it seems some rakyat 'cannot handle the truth':D, now go get some toddy and be good:D

19. PrimeShuttler

PrimeShuttler Regular Member

Health Dept
    a new frontier for Malaysian ladies badminton team?

It is heartwarming to see such fighting spirit in the Malaysian Team. :)
    However, I'm really talking about the UBER Cup team.
    Yang Li Lian, down 2-11 in the rubber set, with Malaysia and India tied at 2-2. :eek:
    This is the typial scenario for Malaysian teams,in that they will always end up losing because of a lack of mental fortitude.
    Instead, this young 19 y.o lass decides to defy Malaysian "tradition", keeps on fighting with a never-say-die attitude, and comes back to win the rubber set thus earning victory for Malaysia. Well done girls. Fantastic performance. :D
    Let's hope your male counterparts learn some lessons from you all.

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    last year in malaysia open
    she too went down 2-11(forget which set) before she beat the veteran japan ws