Yonex ArcSaber Flash Boost ( ARC FB )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by yan.v, Jan 13, 2013.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

2. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

It didn't took that long for me to adjust to the ArcSaber F and I'm coming from an AT800 DE. Maybe a couple of hours of intense play and that was it.

I never heard of the BK Photo until now. Do you have any comments about the performance of that racket?

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I think I'll have some fun getting used to the 5U once I use it more. To me it's like a reminiscent of the Yonex Isometric Swing power 900 SA which I used to use but now kept as a collector racket. It is the lightest of of the 900 series and it's 81 g.

#523 Matt, May 10, 2013
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
  4. Sgt_Strider

Damn! That was a long time ago and it remind me of how painful it was to choose a racket at the time. I was thinking of getting the SR and SA. I didn't have a chance to try them out. I went with the advice in the forum and I went for the SS, which turned out to be a huge mistake.

Btw, the images are really blurry. If you don't mind, please consider scanning them again and upload them to Skydrive or Dropbox for us to see!

5. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Crikey, and to think my preferred swing weight is about 41g! I know one layer of athletic tape to the head is (conveniently) 1g of head weight, so I'd have to add 8 layers to get there :)

Still, I can't say I'm not curious about the FB. Going from 3U to 4U was the best move I ever made, so maybe......hrm......

6. Sgt_Strider

It was also the best thing to have ever happened to me too. My AT800 DE was my first 4U racket and it gave me a noticeable improvement over my previous Isometric Swing Power SS. Now that I have ordered an Adidas Duoforce, I wonder how a 3U racket will perform in my hands? I'm a lot stronger and faster now than the time I had the SS.

7. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    When I play with anything over say 93g (wet weight), it just feels slow and cumbersome to me these days.

Many of the 3U Yonex' I had when I started playing again 5 years ago were the best part of 100g all up, so in retrospect it's not surprising that I didn't like them.

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    It was just few pages I did at the time. I can redo those ones with the new scanner since it was years since those were done with an old one. I am currently out of town until the end of the weekend to be able to do this. I believe the catalogs is in the shelf.

I originally wanted SR but then my uncle back at the time gotten me a SA (JP version) by mistake. I didn't say anything but decided to test drive it and amazingly enough, I liked it.

9. Sgt_Strider

It'll be nice if you scan them with your state of the art high resolution scanner. :) How did you get a hold of the Yonex catalogue?

You made the right move. My biggest mistake at that time was to blindly follow recommendations in the forum. I think I even created a thread on BC to ask which SP racket to get and majority said don't go for SA, but SR is a possibly after the SS. I went with the SS and I hated that racket. Then when it was time to upgrade to the AT800 DE, I had to face the dilemma of getting either the 3U or the 4U version. Majority of the opinions at that time said go for 3U instead of 4U. I went with 4U and I still think it was the best decision I have ever made. The lesson here is that people online can't possibly know my strengths and weaknesses. I followed advice from people who are built differently from me. Knowing what I know now and having the chance to try out rackets, I think I should have went with the SA or the SR if I wanted a bit more power.

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    The store gave it to me years ago when I asked for it. They happened to have it send they didn't throw them out.

11. Sgt_Strider

Cool. It would be great if you scan the high end rackets and I suppose if anyone else ask, maybe you can scan those pages for them too?

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Sure, let me look at them when I get back in town and scan them up.

13. Sgt_Strider

Wow, I think I'm going to be in a dilemma. My 5U ArcFB is already in customs. I wasn't expecting the package to arrive this fast. Looks like the Duoforce is going to be fighting with the 5U ArcFB for my attention at my upcoming badminton session on Wednesday. I was originally hoping the ArcFB will arrive after Wednesday so that I can thoroughly use my Duoforce on Wednesday. I guess that won't happen now.

14. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Mogensen isn't using it...

15. visor

visor Regular Member

Maybe not now... but he and Ahsan and Inthanon did in the past month...

16. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I have it on two very good authorities that Mogensen, certainly, was using a sprayed-up VT-ZF.

17. visor

visor Regular Member

no sh*t! 13.gif

now that would not be nice if i were to buy the racket that i thought he was playing and winning with, and then find out to my surprise that there's a 15g difference in weight and power... ;)

18. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

It's the perfect crime - same string pattern and everything. You could only clock the difference by holding the thing in your hands and seeing the Tri-Voltage bumps.

An elite professional player suddenly shedding fifteen grams and 15-20 mm of head weight? Does not compute!

19. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

and all the complaints that he had a crummy smash?!

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well I maintain he didn't penetrate as well as usual. Maybe a drop in form rather than the racket's fault, but he didn't get the shuttle down from the back. Someone mentioned to me they had problems with their association, feeling they were not supported adequately - such worries would certainly weigh on their minds during competition (if true). Otoh I don't really see what they can complain about, no association in Europe is on par with the Danes...