Bodin Issara / Maneepong Jongjit

Discussion in 'Thailand Professional Players' started by Licin, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    The duos really have the Thai spirit in them. They might be aggressive in court and etc but they are always full of smile and very respectful.

The shouting is very Thai as it is their War Cry just like the Haka. If you do watch Thai boxing you will notice the resemblance. I am impressed with this pair. Give a few more competition they will be a pair to watch out for. New pairs like that can change their tactics easily. Old habits die hard.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Wow... indeed... now I'll have to rethink whether I should even get the NR800 to try. It was probably the wrong weapon for him as he's a smasher and not really one to play flat drives.

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yes visor. I think the same way as you, NR800 might not be an appropriate weapon for him, he needs a racket that has a lot of raw power instead.

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Other pairs who have watched the match between KKK/TBH and the Thai pair would probably start learning how to deal with them. It so happens that the Thai pair is new and there weren't any counter-strategies that made them so strong in the first place, particularly against KSH/YYS who prefers to do a more aggressive defence rather than KKK/TBH's lift, lift and lift.

I expect them to perform pretty much below expectations until they learn how to rectify their play.

5. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    ^^^

Agree with you. There is no such thing as "invincibility".

6. mensa0106

mensa0106 Regular Member

i think vtzf ltd just fit him very well before this..wonder why he changed to nr800

7. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yeah. I am also questioning this. Young players will have the advantage of power and agility. That is why they need to build their stamina extremely well in order to maintain their speed and power along the tourneys in every high level game. Speed improvement gained by using NR800 does not compensate the power forgone, not beneficial IMO.

Professional player have trained their muscle really well. At a certain point, if they are used to a head heavy racket, head light racket will give them hollow feeling at the point of hitting the shuttle. As they are a pro player, the decision taken to change racket have been thought over and over again. The racket have already been tested on a training before, if they have brought that racket to a match, they are 100% sure that they are making the right decision. Furthermore, their coach are always there to give them some inputs.

#47 Licin, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  8. visor

visor Regular Member

I think Yonex gives them a "bonus" incentive to be shown playing with this new release racket. ;)

9. sarawutggggg

sarawutggggg Regular Member

the power come from mouth

10. mensa0106

mensa0106 Regular Member

yeah..i was thinking bout dat too...during d match with koo/tan,issara didnt shout like yesterday match..haha

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Today they are up against Lee/Ko in the final.. all the best:)

12. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Bodin Issara / Maneepong Jongjit lost the match in 3 games to KOR new duo, LYD/KSH, 24-22, 17-21, 11-21. Clearly on the 3rd set Bodin Issara does not have enough energy to keep the pace with KOR duo. Credit should be given to KOR duo displaying a very attractive match in attack, defense and those angle shots. Bodin Issara / Maneepong Jongjit played really well too, just that Bodin Issara are the weakest link on the 3rd set due to his stamina. He needs to improve it urgently.

13. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I expected LYD/Ko to win easily and must say Bodin/Maneepong put up a good fight. Maneepong is a very intelligent player and his anticipation at the front was impressive.

14. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Maneepong is a superb player, rare talent in badminton world. He is very fast, powerful in attack, very calm and precise in defense and very deceptive in front of the net, he reads the game well. Bodin has to improve his stamina so as to maintain high level and fast game through out the tourney.

15. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I feel that last night's final was a missed opportunity for the Thais. They played like men possessed but again forgot to manage energy consumption. The Koreans were second best throughout until the Thais showed their weakness at 14-10 up in the 2nd game.

Defense and attack wise - the Thais were already up there with the big boys, but still need to learn a bit more about varying the pace during the attack. Maneepong could, in fact, hold his own at the net even against LYD.

16. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Agree with abedeng...
    Just give this THAI duo more time and clash with those big giants. They will be able to challenge them soon.

17. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    They remind me of the young caiyun&fuhaifeng

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

This pair really broke into the limelight of world of badminton since the OG2012 when they actually upset bona/ahsan and highly rated korean pair of ko/yoo..
    They are still young and still a long way to go. p/s still plenty of room for improvement..:)

19. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Bodin Issara / Maneepong Jongjit BWF ranking has soared up to a record high. They are now at 8th, their previous ranking is at 13th, up 5 places.

All the best for them.

20. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    the key of longevity is to keep evolving...