RKEP PRO6000 PRO9000 badminton racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Squash Eric, Feb 4, 2012.

1. soulless

soulless Regular Member

Graduate student
    Not sure if you are joking, but there is no "better" colour, only colour that you like better. To be more helpful, you should probably point out which part of the pattern you find unattractive and suggest an improvement. For me, I find the colour patter to be good, but the edges of the stickers need to be sharper.

2. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

Oh, au contraire, sir. I think the appreciation of colors need not to be so subjective. Generally speaking, Red and Black are safer colors in the market because they represent aggression; something you would want as a weapon in your hand. Similarly, colors such as Silver and Gold represent shiny weaponry such as swords and axes that certain has a special place in consumers' minds. These types of generalization are even more prominent in gender specific scenarios; how many Pink rackets have been marketed specific to female consumers? One will be ignorant to deny the existence of a discernable pattern when it comes to rackets, let alone other things we encounter daily such as Cars, Glasses, Dresses, or whatever you can think of really. On the other hand, colors like Teal, Birch, Brown, Green, Purple, can you really say it's subject? Sure you can. But it only takes 1 person to say Green looks better while the other 80% of the population will probably concur Black as a better color. Sometimes, you don't have to be too afraid to generalize ;)

3. soulless

soulless Regular Member

Graduate student
    Fair enough, if you are referring to a Western culture. One needs not to go far to find diametrically opposed uses of red and white. In China, red is good luck and white is death, in the "West", white is purity and red is blood and aggression. We haven't even talked about India yet, in Hindu cultures, black is humility and strength and red is vengefulness. We haven't even discussed time yet, it is a fact that fashion styles come back in 20-30 years, so who is to say the dull patterns of today will not be a leading trend in the future? The only constant appears to be that people tend to favour symmetry and order (in general). Personally, I find the gold and silver (flashy weapons in your words) rackets fairly arrogant and slightly offensive because it causes temporary blindness when stared at. My point is, depending on where RKEP is trying to market is products, it probably should consider local tastes in colour and patterns. One size does not fit all and black is not for everyone.

4. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    It's not a Colour issue, it's a design issue. I should probably shut up because I've offering to design Eric his rackets but have never followed through, but clearly he's got a great eye for specifications and being able to sell examples at specific weights/BP is a good move. The problem is that the specs are his own, but the designs are Victor/Forza 'homages'. I don't subscribe to the APACS school of design ripoffs to build volume and then release 'proper' rackets.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

cmon guys! its just a sub $100 racket that plays like it costs double that retail :)

you guys make it sound like you're choosing a wife or a car or something... :p :D

6. soulless

soulless Regular Member

Graduate student
    I don't choose my wife this way, that will make me a racist :D. By Maklike Tier is right, if RKEP want to compete with the "big boys" and get better margins, it must lead, not follow.

7. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Good looks cost no more than average ones. :D

Well, not enough to blow out production costs. Would you pay an extra 2-5 bucks for nicer graphics?

Of course you would.

8. ..JT..

..JT.. Regular Member

Here is a Bit of the review that I have used that racket in 5 sessions of Social play. (easy 12 hours of use off and on)

28 pound line / Yonex BG 66 UM

Head is not heavy enough to drive the shuttle and smashing is not enough power..

Shaft is very stiff.. More stiff then my VT80 and VT Z force.

I feel my old armotec 700 drives the shuttle better then the 9000.

I feel the 9000 is good for tap and net control, not a smashing racket..

It has a bit of better net control like the RSL X5 Gold

9. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    This is surprising. Feeling the stiffness of my current PRO 9000 there is no way in hell it's stiffer than a VT Z or even a VT80.
    I wonder if the might be a big discrepancy in stiffness from batch to batch.
    I'm looking forward to getting my 2nd batch og blue PRO 9000 and my 1st batch of green ones to see if this might be the case. :confused:

10. istringforyou

istringforyou Regular Member

Perhaps Pro9000 is not as head heavy as the Voltrics. That is why there could be a perception that it is even more difficult to flex than the head heavy Voltrics. That may also explain the difficulty in wielding power in some styles of play.

@JT
    Which batch of Pro9000s did you try on?

11. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Ahh yes, didn't think about that. Sounds like a very possible scenario.

12. soulless

soulless Regular Member

Graduate student
    What was the balance point and weight you asked for? Is your Armortec 700 3u or 4u? Are all your racket strung at the same tension?

Sorry sound critical, but your use of "not enough power" is not very informative.

13. ..JT..

..JT.. Regular Member

I got the Green colour ones 9000 which is in Jan 2012.. I asked for Head heavy..

Both of my VT 80, VT Z force and RSL X5 are string with 28 pounds BG 66um and the Armotec 700 is 26 pounds.

Maybe it is because the head heavy of the VT's makes the VT's to flex more then then 9000s.

And I realise the VT's have thinner shafts then the 9000s pro and could that be a reason?

All my rackets are 3u.

Anyway, I am in Australia and whoever wants the 9000s i am happy to sell it cheap, looks like brand new racket, never use much.. always sits in my bag..

14. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ Looking at your current racket choices, seems like you should have asked for VERY head heavy. :p

15. istringforyou

istringforyou Regular Member

:) Yea, Pro9000 is not like any of the rackets JT have used and might prefer. I have personally tailored a Pro9000 of 303mm BP for someone. While it retains it's great hammer effect feel, power and prowess, it does not feel like out and out head heavy and stiff rackets such as the Amortecs and Voltrics, which can be rather demanding though with an absolute solid and hard feel. On the other hand, Pro9000 retains these prowess and is faster and very much less demanding being less stiff than the above mentioned. It is all about getting used to.

singaporebadmintonstringing.blogspot.com

16. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    Managed to procure myself an immaculate conditioned RKEP Pro 9000 off JT for a heavily discounted price :)

Have no idea what the specs are, since JT did not specify anything from Eric, but I am guessing 295bp and 85g? He tells me it is 89grams with BG66UM (@ 28 pounds!) and factory grip; so taking off the string weight of 3g gives you a nett of 85g (approx. I think).

Hoping to get some good games with this bad boy come Friday, but am already dreading the 28 pound BG66UM but we'll see.

Justin

17. ..JT..

..JT.. Regular Member

I'm pretty sure you will loveee the 28 pounds (with Yonex BG66UM) coming from a normal 22 to 24 pounds you used to use... Time to play more smashing lol!!

See you on SAT N Thanks for the Kind words Justin.. Appreciate :)

18. ..JT..

..JT.. Regular Member

Oh... btw if you dont like it on Friday, let me know I might sell my VT 80 (BG66UM with 30 pounds) to you!! (not the LTD) lol

19. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    Spoke to Eric, and it was a 87g 294mm BP PRO 9000 (score!)

See you Saturday :)

20. ..JT..

..JT.. Regular Member

Just what it was you are expecting it right bro ? My lost is your Gain, I'm pretty sure you will Enjoy it!