Liew Daren

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by TheSmasherKing, Apr 21, 2011.

1. vin219

vin219 Regular Member

businessman
    24 is defo late.. but so was lcw! hope tat he is a late bloomer like our national hero lcw!!! malysia boleh!

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

I believe he can be better if he doesn't get injured easily always:)

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

The problems is in his training, physical training....if he managed to improves his physical, he will be even better........I think he is lazy in gym for physical training.

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Yeah you might be hardworking in technical and improving your techniques and everything but gym is a whole different thing... but so far I can only see LCW the one with full muscles... TBH also not as much as LCW

5. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Facing CL today.

What he can do....

Hopefully no under-10..

6. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

if CL played in 3 games against DL this proved he is still below the LCW-LD's level...

7. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    The possibility of playing 3 games is 99.99% impossible.

Daren is al least 2 level below CL.

8. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

WRONG!!, is a 'heaven and earth' situation...!!

9. undeadshot

He played quite well against Chen Long today, hopefully there will be a time where he can finally check in to the quarter-final of a super series again, the draw at France just wasn't kind for him!!

10. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    DL played very well indeed. Fighting point to point with CL. Even caught CL off guard in many occassions. I have seen other back up players like ChanKB, CWF, Arif etc performed but these players basically are stroke players, very hard to make an impact to the present 21 points format. But DL playing style is very different from other back up players - fast and furios, just like CL and LD. What he need now is continous to work hard to improve his stamina and smashing accuracy. BAM should send him to top level competition more frequently. If DL continue to make improvement .. he can be a world class player.

11. undeadshot

Yes, I agree that his style of play is very different from the rest of the backup players but it involves a huge load of risk as well, he smashed out so many times that from leading he gifted CL the second game! But imagine if most of his smashes lands on the line - I can see how he upset Simon, Lee Hyun-il, Wong Wing Ki, Wang Zhengming, Yunus Alamsyah over the past one year.

12. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I too like to see DL play and if BAM had sent him earlier on to play, he could have improved more. At 24, a lot of precious time has been lost, and that we can thank the smart guys running BAM. I agree with a lot of what you say, except besides improving his stamina and smashing accuracy, DL needs to eat some real food, man and bulk up with some muscles. Also, your last line "if DL continue to make improvement .. he can be a world class player" should change to "If DL continue to make improvement .. he may get into 2nd round more often"....world class player, errr...that is real heavy pressure, man;)

13. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

this should thanks to Taufik when DL played against him in Singapore SS and Indonesia SS, all first round.

then that time DL get a lot of experiences from Taufik and till now DL can play well against CL... the only matter is hope DL don't get any injuries that will affect his career...

14. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    He smashed out is mainly due to his legs is not strong ! I think gym works can help him. I heard DL is presently a sparring partner with LCW. I hope LCW and coach TehSB can help him to improve. What make me think DL can be great player is not only his playing, more important is he is a player with good thinking, he know how to create oppotunity to kill his opponent, the 17 points ( both sets) taken from CL is mainly due to his own effort not by unforced errors from CL !

15. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    I remember when Li Mao is LCW coach, he insist want DL to be LCW training partner, but Rashid do not want to let go DL.... otherwise we may seen another LCW working together to fight Chinese players ! :D

16. undeadshot

That is the main difference between him and the other backup, he is proactive in his playstyle. But I agree that he needs a lot of stamina and gym training, also a whole lot more of consistency as he hasn't been very consistent lately. (I think the root of this is him smashing out) Also he sometimes lose focus and make 4-5 mistakes in a row, free points for opponents (like what happened against CL 2nd game)

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Well. Time is running out. China will be spying on his moves if he can make it out of smashing outside.

18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Should be ok because Daren is still at the improvement stage. Which means they can video but the video may be outdated by the next tournament. So it s good for CHN to video so they study the outdated syllabus.

19. chiamhc

chiamhc Regular Member

I hope he improves in every tournament. He performances is good, so he needs to keep up his standard.

20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    China will have new videos of course. Esp after og. They will tease dl to smash outside. Cl will stand outside. Lol. Note that wzm n dpy is still upcoming. Sweet or boleh dreams pple. Lol.