Victor Jetspeed Series

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Renmazuo27, Nov 8, 2013.

1. sraoo

sraoo Regular Member

Student
    Certainly. I am in the midst of improving my forehand stroke. It's rather difficult to correct a low contact pt. after a few years, but I am trying. I think a lighter racket will allow me to attain a higher contact (without too much timing) due to the difference in mass. Do you think this is a good choice? If not, do you have any recommendations? Perhaps the BS12?

#461 sraoo, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I think the BS 12 would be a better choice for singles..I find it has just that bit more sting than the ST. Plus I find it has a much better livelier feel which is more advantageous for the tactical placement in singles games.

3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    BS12 doesn't really have the effortless punch needed for Singles. If you have super fast hands you might be able to get away with it.

I'm not belittling your experience at all - I find your reviews balanced and very fair. I'm simply warning people against going "OMG! It's 'muted'!! I couldn't possibly like it!" etc.. I know people jump to conclusions.

It's good that you've thrown in the 'string' comparison so people can get an idea of the scale of the damping you're experiencing. Myself, I found that for example the MX80 sucked with BG80 and was better with a medium feeling string, and enjoyed it (as much as I was going to enjoy it) with Ultimax. I know that some people don't advocate matching the racket to the string(ing) but I think it's a good idea.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep, if the higher tension zm62 doesn't get better feel, then it's bg80 next for this 8P(O)S :p ...

#464 visor, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  5. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Hey can any of you guys compare the head shape of the JS to that of a BS or MX?

6. visor

visor Regular Member

It's just like any isometric. [​IMG]

#466 visor, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  7. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    maybe a pics of those racket overlap with one another

8. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Aww.. please don't say that. There are slight differences between the iso-heads that can make or break a racquet.

I get a bit anal with this sort of thing as I'm a structural engineer but essentially not all isometric heads are the same and sometimes combining these differences with different frame sections can have a profound effect on the racquet.

Take the Arc10 and the Arc8DX, on paper they look very similar and at a glance they look the same (apart from the paintwork). Even the frame sectional shape is essentially the same. But play with them and they can't be more different. The Arc10 has a longer slightly slimmer head shape whereas the Arc8DX has a wider, shorter head. This makes the sweetspot of the 8DX quite central and wide whereas the 10's sweetspot is quite low with poor upper frame stability.

Back to topic though, why am I seeing so many JS's in the sale section? Have Victor made a big mistake discontinuing the BS series?

9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    To me they have x( I still much rather go back to my BS 12s. I can still generate better power with them. But bear in mind I do still hit harder and play better with the MX JJS and 80 as well so it's not just restricted to my favourite 12s.

10. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

Visor... our brother Ch1k0 has forsaken us while we kept our 8PS so dearly to our own. Hahahahah... Anyway, I am just pulling your leg. I do admit that my MX gives me more power too. Jetspeed 8PS will only suffice as my mistress for the start of the game. If I need to get serious, I will switch back to my MX 90 :p

11. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Hmm... may be I should stock up on my favourite BS11 then. :)

12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Warlock you meanie ); I can't help it. I'm addicted to feel D;

13. visor

visor Regular Member

Haha... Hmmm, now you get me interested in the 90. How's it compared to your JJS?

14. visor

visor Regular Member

Hmmm... Good to have someone with an eye for it on board. But maybe you've got higher ratio of cross tension on the Arc 10? :p :D

15. visor

visor Regular Member

And unfortunately so am I. :(

Will see how the P(O)S feels with another pound higher tension when I pick it up tonight.

16. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Hope it turns out well for you! I know I gave up :(

17. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Who said that the BS line is being discontinued?

18. visor

visor Regular Member

Nah, the BS line will just slowly die off like the SW series is currently since the introduction of TK series.

19. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    That's only if it gains traction.

If it doesn't, it will go the way of the Bumblebee series.

It's got a better chance though as some Pros are actually using it and in a relatively unenlightened market that seems to make a lot of difference.

Honestly though, I would've preferred to see Victor innovate some more. The Bravesword is an innovative design and they have milked the absolute bejesus out of it. The Meteor design is just an adaption of a Fleet design, and now the Jetspeeds are......what? A coating?

Yonex are being super smart at the moment. The Z-Speed is almost an experimental racket - loaded with innovative concepts - some which work some which don't, but they're putting it out there and learning from it. They know from the Z-Speed that the only tangible speed increases are from a) decreasing the size of the stringbed, and b) decreasing frame area. The problem with decreasing frame area is that you lose torsional stability and it's not that aero anyway. In the process they've moved the sweetspot up the racket head, giving more leverage, which is the most tangible way to generate more power, plus it also allows you to take the shuttle earlier.

An innovative Yonex is a dangerous Yonex.

20. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Down with the anarchy!!!
    : )