Armortec 900 Technique

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by UchihaIyer, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Some simple question i'd like to ask..did u remove the plastic wrap before u wrap the additional overgrip?Mine's strung with NBG95 by 26,25lbs 4U,G4..i find its grip was a bit too big for me..cant find the feeling.But i also dont wanna take off the plastic wrap.Wanna keep it as perfect as new.LOL

I also put an anti scratch sticker around the frame.Was it also affecting the power that should be transfered during hits?

For those who got used to this racket,can u tell us what should we do to get used to or make a fully use out of this racket?

2. lovegas

lovegas Regular Member

interior consultant
    I think it juz need to be broken in a little, maybe by 2 or more sessions of hard smashing game.Mines all 3u so the situation may differ.

#142 lovegas, Nov 1, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  3. afham07

afham07 Regular Member

Student
    i din ask what string and overgrip given but i think, BG66 it suppose .. :) .. btw, what normally string and grip given? .. :) .. tq ..

4. afham07

afham07 Regular Member

Student
    hey guys,

which shop at pertama complex normally offer good service + good price for yonex racket and shoe?

5. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    over the time, that plastic will break off. remove it. over wrap the original grip with electrical wire tape. wrap with over grip, the thin type. if you are using the replacement over the original grip, it will be too big for you.

anti-scratch sticker, added couple of grammes to the head? you will have slightly extra power.....:)

get more training with the At900T, get used to it. fully use out? recheck your techniques.....:)

6. speedy

speedy Regular Member

What I suggest is take off the original grip and replace it with good replacement grips such as karakal super pu. How much to overlap the grip can be perfected after a few trials and errors. That is, when playing with it, and you feel that it is too thick, then reduce the overlap. You will know how much to overlap when your grip feels right during a game

7. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    It is a silly idea to keep the plastic wrap on. Well when you put the overgrip on top of it, over time the plastic wrap is going to gradually going to sticks to the original grip itself - so what good does that do?. It would be a bit of a hassle taking it off afterwards once it does that.

8. afham07

afham07 Regular Member

Student
    lol .. mine, I removed that plastic grip and as well as ori black grip .. :p .. replaced them with towel grip ..

9. ruguma

ruguma Regular Member

System Analyst
    Trying to buy an AT900T 4U G4. Currently own AT900P 4U G4. Have been reading posts about 4U and 3U. Seems many people agree that 3U is more durable than 4U. I want to have more control than power. I already get used to the AT900P's weight and grip.
    Should I buy the AT900T 3U G4 or 4U G4 coz I heard that 3U G4 is at similar weight as AT900P's 4U G4? Should I have the string initally at 23 or 24lbs? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

10. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    You should try the 3U Technique, because it's less head heavy than the Power, when you hold it, it's actually quite light. Just string it to whatever tension you usually use, then you can see if there's any difference between the 2 rackets.

11. Smash _Drop

Smash _Drop Regular Member

promotor
    My thoughts on the 900T

Racket: Yonex Armortec 900 Technique
    Weight and Grip Size: 4UG4
    String: Yonex BG80
    String Tension: 23lbs 2 piece stringing
    Grip: Karakal PU supergrip
    Shuttle Used: Yonex AS40
    Review Date: 04/01/2008

First Impressions:
    Aesthetically the Armortec 900 technique is beautifully finished. Yonex have used their two tone paint for the silver which glistens subtly when viewed at different angles. The design and colour scheme work well together and I feel this will appeal to a wide audience. Technically the 900T is one of the more advanced rackets in Yonex line up and when you pick the racket up you feel that you have something special in your hands. Playing around with the 900T gives me an impression of a slight head heavy feeling but more balanced than the Armortec 900P or mp99. Seems less strenuous to manoeuvre round and easy on the wrists

Warming Up:
    Feels a lot lighter and faster in the air than my previous mp99. Stiff feel, but not as stiff as the 900P. Vibration is minimal and the racket feels solid on contact with the shuttle. The weight of the racket doesn’t give you that same impact as heaver rackets but still manages to clear with ease. I’m falling for this racket and it’s only been 5 minutes into my test; it’s so simple to play with but I fell I will need several more sessions to reap maximum rewards from this racket. Midcourt drives feel solid and super quick because of the fast manoeuvrability of the racket. Control really is excellent as mentioned in previous reviews. Smash time! And the racket doesn’t disappoint, I feel the power is there and in some instances equals that of the mp99 due to the speed it travels on in the air.

Game Time:
    Good feel around the court but the racket excels from the midcourt to the net. Great fast drives and deadly at the net, easy to place the shuttle where you want it. Has a soft feel but that’s probably down more to the BG80 strings than the racket but the feelings excellent anyway. At the back of the court the racket is very good but a little more weight would have helped to make clearing a little easier, I find I have to compensate by swinging a little harder to get the shuttle to the back of the court. Smashes feel powerful with correct timing and can be placed with control, we know the 900T is not as powerful as its “P” version counterpart but I feel it still packs a punch, although not from the heavyweight division! Termed a “defensive” racket means you’re constantly trying to test its defensive capabilities; (psychologically your focusing on its so called strength) and in this department the racket does feel very good, it provides a solid responsive base to counter hit a smash with a potentially winning shot.

Conclusion:
    Initial thoughts of this racket have got me pretty excited about it. It’s been hard to single out any real weak areas of the racket although we can acknowledge the slight power Vs control trade off. I feel the racket would be suited to the more all-round player who prefers a more “tactically” focused game were placement and fast drives are needed. But don’t get me wrong, for the smashers out there, this racket won’t disappoint either, but it’s not the powerhouse the 900p is. A forgiving and easy to use racket, suited for the intermediate to advanced player who aspires to the likes of the skilful Mr Hidayat; turning attack into defence. With its light weight and fast manoeuvrability I would classify this as more of a doubles racket however it would play well in a singles game. Overall...two thumbs UP!

My overall ratings

Power: 8.5/10
    Control: 9/10
    Feel: 9/10
    Defence: 9/10

Positives: Great control, manoeuvrability and gives good feedback
    [FONT=&quot]Negatives: Ever so slight reduction in power over some of the hard hitting sticks

[/FONT]

12. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    Play with it some more and you're realize how powerful this racket is. Fast and precise!

13. Smash _Drop

promotor
    had more time with the racket and with every session it feels better and better....just need to get my timing right :)

14. UncleFester

UncleFester Regular Member

I've never picked up a racquet that feels right from the word go, but the 900t really did.

15. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    Hidayat already switch to power version

16. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Because its so damn good... just gets better and better :D
    No wonder most of the pro's prefer P over T, they already have superb technique and can get a whole lot more from the power generated by a P :).

17. Smash _Drop

promotor
    Yep volcom i agree....because they have such good technique, they can get the most from the racket....i found it to be a little too demanding for me

18. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    I pick Technique simply because it looks better than the Power.That's my own personal preferrence though.Hehe..Btw,technique is also quite powerful for me already.A lil bit weaker than the AT700..but its maneuverability n the control is better than the AT700.

19. RED&WHITE

RED&WHITE Regular Member

IT Plebs
    i just received my AT900T 4UG4, it seem a pretty good racket

20. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    4U ill! 3U is better!