Yonex new racket is coming: Nanoray Z speed!!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kumache, May 29, 2013.

1. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

- Some people spend $$$$$$$ to get a hi-tech supercars
    - They expect to drive it like racing-car drivers even though they realize the street legal law does not allow them
    - They keep driving for hours the machine that could probably kill them

Yet those "expensive toys" are all over the globe, sounds unbelievable :)

2. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

so with regards to your MX JJS, did you spend time to get used to it or did you get rid of it in an instance?

3. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

Just my comments:

1) you bought the NRZP knowingly that this is a smaller frame and slightly heavy head... yet you still buy.
    2) you bought the racket knowingly that you cannot smash 493km/h

so why buy it in the first place?/

1) buy a light head if you want to play defence.
    2) buy a balance and slight heavy head if you want to play attacking double
    3) buy a heavy head if you play single

NRZP is not a bad racket... it require certain skill upgrade if you could not handle it in the first place:

1) Accuracy - need more practice on contact of the shuttle ( you will be rewarded with a accurate shot at the opponent)

2) speed - dun expect NRZP to deliver all the speed for you... in contrast, you need to pump in more speed on the wrist reflex to achieve faster smash!

3) Strength - i would encourage you to get a training racket or racket cover to train you wrist power in order to wield this beast.

Lastly.... you will be rewarded with the full potential of this racket with your skill upgrade at the same time! if you are lazy, just stick to the regular racket you are using and don't buy any new racket off the shelf.

4. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    (yawn)...what do u think? Lol...

5. vajrasattva

well..

err...... ;)

so you eventually tried to adapt to it or?

6. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Seems like we have a stalker here...lol

7. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    All this says is that TeddyC has tested and found a racket that really suits. He is right that after a number of sessions you know whether a racket suits you or not.

I have the luxury of testing many rackets and there are very few that I really want to play with. Some of the 5 star rackets have been excellent performers but I wouldn't want to play with them. However, at least I'd know they are good at the job if I had no choice.

I've made bad mistakes when choosing rackets in the past, being lured by the marketing and finding out later they were simply not for me.

I do respect I am in a fortunate position that I get to test so many rackets depending on what my retailer contacts provide me or my sponsor. Most of the time I have to test with manufacture string and I've done this for years. It doesn't stop my reviews and I'm used to playing with lower tension. For me the weight, balance and aerodynamics combined tell me whether I like the feel of the racket or not and whether it performs well or not.

I still consider Z Speed a disappointment and hope Yonex introduces some amazing rackets next year. My prediction for Yonex in 2014 is the replacement of Arcsaber range.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

8. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Tks Paul...u r a gem!

9. vajrasattva

paul,

good that he had found something that he thinks is suitable for himself

what he doesnt seem to accept is people whom feel the nrzs is not limited by its certain quirks, and that it was possible for people to enjoy the racquet whilst spending time adapting to it.

nevertheless, i wish you had the chance to restring most of the racquets you reviewed, all with fresh strings, strung by yourself in a controlled and reproducible way. perhaps some crappy racquet wouldnt had felt so crappy and some good racquet might not have felt so good. the manufacturers are doing themselves a possible disservice by disallowing that.

#1209 vajrasattva, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  10. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    I hear you but please remember vistually every racket I test is manufacturer strung so it should make a difference.

Some players are going to love Z Speed. There a huge number on here that have bought and already sold which suggests it has not lived up to expectation. I have said many times I am very disappointed in this racket and have never felt so bad about a Yonex racket.

Paul

11. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

What perplexes me is that it's in direct competition with other Yonex rackets that can do the same thing but cheaper.

The ZF and VT80, in my opinion, straddle the ZSP, and both are way better value for money.

12. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
  13. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    This really annoys me with APACS.

APACS make good rackets and do not need to manufacture these Yonex clones, ripping off the name and design. They should stick to what they are good at and continue to make their own rackets.

Paul

14. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    They will never be taken seriously while they continue to make clones. Direct Sports and Central here have both started stocking Apacs stuff but when you google Apacs, you get the the clone racquets. It damages the brand.

Ashaway clone racquets too, you see a few of their clones around me.

15. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The Tanturm 200 and 300 are better than at least 80% of Yonex's offerings, and the Lethals were excellent.

However, if there's money in cloning, that's where they'll stay. I bet they're pretty annoyed at LCW for not retiring, though, so they can get on with making his branded rackets;).

16. milton

milton Regular Member

I brought the apacs zig zag speed clone. I think the apacs rackets are great value for money and i have no problem with the 'clone' models. Most only have a similar paintwork and maybe one feature. All the companies copy eachother a bit. For anyone interested the main difference between the apacs zz spees yy z speed is that the apacs doesnt have the snapback zone which i believe is one of the reasons for people complaing the racket is numb but it does have the smaller frame shape.

17. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Does it have the same racquet head as the original z speed? And where did u buy it

18. milton

milton Regular Member

The frame shape/size/dimensions are exactly the same with same stringing pattern as on the yy z slash and force but with apacs own design zig zag pattern on the top. Its rated slightly head heavy (which it is) and flexible which is how direct sports rates the z speed. I havent played with it yet but it does seem to swing fast. Unfortunately i dont have a z speed of my own to properly compare against atm. I brought it from 925badmintonace ebay who are very good.

19. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    It looks like a standard iso head to me and the specs are the same as almost all the other middle of the road Apacs clone racquets. Don't expect to be anything other than a £40 racquet with a familiar paint job.

Specs are different too, Z-speed doesn't come in 4U :)

#1219 dbswansea, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  20. milton

milton Regular Member

The headshape is definitely smaller than regular and the seller said it was the same as the shape as yy z speed. I also have the apacs z slayer and that has exactly the same headshape as the yy z slash i also own. Whilst many of the cheap apacs rackets are just medium flex even balance with different paintjobs this racket does does feel more headheavy. Il reserve judgement on its performance till ive played with it.