Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Stanley25

Stanley25 New Member

Student
    Im sorry i forgot 1 question, what about the string tension? Thx

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Experiment. String tension depends entirely on the player. You should get the same tension as always (or if you're new to the sport or don't know what it was before, start at 22 or 23lbs). If you find that's too loose (no control over shots, feeling like the shuttle stays on the racket too long), get it 1-2lbs tighter next time. If you experience pain in the joints (not sore muscles, but pain deep in the joints and tendons) or notice that you have to strain to hit clears long and your smashes lost a lot of power, go back down 1lbs.
    Your preference might also change over time, depending on how good you become/stay. I've increased my racket tension by 3-4lbs over the last year, for example, but also know a guy who decreased it by 2 to increase durability and get his timing back (mishit with the higher tension as the timing wasnt quite right, and broke a lot of strings).

3. Stanley25

Stanley25 New Member

Student
    I'd like to use nbg95 and the string is about 29-30, what do you think?I'm not new in this sport but have no idea about string, thx j4ckie

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The tension is quite high, so it's possible you'll feel a slight lack of power. Then again I have no idea about your level of play so maybe it's not too hard. What I can say, though, is that a lot of ambitious intermediates string way too hard, especially those with a slight passion for equipment ;)
    Anyway, if you can play with it no problem, great. Otherwise try 1-2lbs less.
    Personally, I didn't find the NBG99 to be a great or even good string, but that might just be personal preference.

5. Stanley25

Stanley25 New Member

Student
    So can you give me suggestion what string should i use for my n90II? Name of the string will be helpful :)

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm. Well, I'd give the BG80Power a try, which feels very nice on my N90, or the 66UM - which is very repulsive. As the N90II is more controlled than powerful, I'd probably go with the 80Power for greater touch (especially around the net - the thinner 66UM is just not as rough and thus hasn't quite the same touch there). At 29-30, it should be rather tight - very nice on those rackets (I have a 31 BG65Ti on my N90II, a 30/31 BG80P and 31/32 Ashaway PowerGut 65 on my N90s. It's a rather tight tension for me as I use 28/29 ZM65 otherwise, but it just feels right on those rackets. The 65Ti is just not repulsive enough though.)

7. Stanley25

Stanley25 New Member

Student
    Maybe i will try BG80 power, thx for your suggestionWhat abot the lining string, ive read some review that lining ap101n is a good string

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Didn't like it as it was super slippery. Found the AP90 to be a very decent string, but couldn't test it in detail.

9. Stanley25

Stanley25 New Member

Student
    You said that bg80power feel very nice on your n90 but is it would be nice too on n90II?

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

N90 and N90II are very similar rackets, why would you think they'd 'need' different strings? And as I said - string preference is more personal than racket-specific.

If you like thicker strings, you like thicker strings. A different racket will not change that.
    I like slightly thicker strings on the head heavier rackets as they 'fit' the racket - a HH racket will give me a more solid feedback, same as thicker strings. On faster rackets, I prefer slightly thinner, more repulsive strings. But that is just a personal quirk, for 95% of players string preference has nothing to do with the racket. If you're happy with any string, get it on any racket you restring - not everyone has the luxury of stringing themselves and playing around like I do ;)

11. Stanley25

Stanley25 New Member

Student
    Ok now i know what string i will use on my n90IIThx j4ckie,your very helpful :)

12. b4053ng

b4053ng Regular Member

hello everybody..

i recently browse goo*le and find some info about new LN series

[​IMG]

if possible could somebody share some review about it? especially the athens 2004 model because the only available model available in my place is the athens and London model (but the London model is too expensive for me..)

13. apachesun

apachesun Regular Member

Student
    probably this one just kind a pieces **** of racket marketing , maybe feel like N90
    kinda stupid what Lining does so far especially Lining G force

14. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

i do agree with you, i'm always waiting for new N-series and not this :D

15. MusclePower100

MusclePower100 Regular Member

Just wondering if anyone has used the Yonex U-shaped grommets and the grommet strips on any of the Li-Ning racquets and do they fit?

16. leo11

leo11 Regular Member

17. Yahoooo

Yahoooo Regular Member

Aaa
    can anyone compare N36 and N80 vs victor BS09 in all aspects?

18. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Anyone tried any of the "lower end" rackets?

Rocks 520? UC3500? Etc etc?

19. robotshuttle

robotshuttle Regular Member

yes chen long,jin may use head light rackets and they will be able to get the same results with a smash with head light rackets more so then you can get with a head heavy racket, this is because there technique is amazing, your technique shall not be as good as theres so if your going for a head light racket prepare yourself, i have a head light nanospeed 9900, its great , im not saying don't get a head light racket, only warning you that if your technique is bad you will be disappointed

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Chen Long/Chen Jin are using the first gen N55. Also, neither the N55 nor the N55II are head light. And third - if you have bad technique, the racket balance is not important, your smash will suck anyway, but a SOFTER racket might help, regardless of it's balance. Only a very head light racket would actually detract from a smash (something I haven't seen in the Yonex or Li Ning lineup yet, only with Babolat, Wilson, Head, and small companies). Although the lower end Li Ning lineup is way too big.....I can only say anything about the N series :D