Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Didit Juang/Seiko Wahyu have won the Candra Wijaya Men's Doubles Championships (Junior Section) after beating Budi/Sholihuddin Allan. PB Djarum certainly has very good MD pairs for possible call-up to Pelatnas in the near future, thanks to Coach Sigit Budiarto!

Mohd Ulinnuha/Berry Angriawan have been "promoted" to the adult section and they did pretty well themselves in progressing to the QF before losing to their senior Fernando Kurniawan/Lingga Lie (also of PB Djarum) in 3 tight-sets: 22-20, 18-21, 15-21. No shame in that for sure!

So, INA does have 3 very good BD pairs for the upcoming World Junior Championships: Ulin/Berry, Didit/Seiko, and Kevin Alexander/Angga Pratama (Jaya Raya).

#961 badMania, May 2, 2009
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

INA's MD Ranking:
    1. Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan
    2. Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan -- Bona/Ahsan have shown in several matches that they can beat Rian/Yoke, albeit, in tight matches. They have the age advantage over Rian/Yoke.
    3. Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki -- quite worried abt Rian/Yoke's future...if they cannot win a title this year, then perhaps its best that they are split up??
    4. Fernando Kurniawan/Lingga Lie -- IMHO, not good enough to be a top 10 pair at the moment.
    5. Hendra Aprida Gunawan/Alvent Yulianto Chandra -- I bet that they are going to overtake Edo/Lingga and perhaps Rian/Yoke by the end of the year?
    6. Wifqi Windarto/Afiat Yuris Wirawan -- again, they have the age advantage. More exposure to int tourneys are needed.
    7. Rizky Yanu Kresnayadi/Albert Saputra -- in Pelatnas Pratama right now, awaiting their first tourney.
    8. Mohd Ulinnuha/Berry Angriawan -- undoubtedly the best Junior pair we have at the moment and slowly having the exposure to senior-level tourneys after this year.
    9. Didit Juang/Seiko Wahyu -- PB Djarum's no 2 BD pair.
    10. Kevin Alexander/Angga Pratama -- in Pelatnas Pratama as well..keeping an eye on their progress as well.

The ranking does not include:
    Adi Chrisna Wijaya/Syahmie Syarif Radhitian -- fate is unknown since late last year.

3. abesadi

abesadi Regular Member

student
    How about rendy sugiarto? Dont forget him..

4. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    I have least concern for our doubles.
    But seriously, our singles departments, both genders, are in red alert already!
    :crying::crying::crying:

5. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    haha i think everything's been on red alert since TC 2004 deh....what to do, what to do....moreover, we havent won a single AE title since 2003 :( what to do, what to do...
    'que sera sera' dah...

6. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

what is that about AE title? Aren't the olympics gold and bronze worth anything?

7. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    well, of course the OG and WC are worth a lot more than AE :D...but AE is the oldest badminton tourney in the world and comparing the amount of AE titles we had won in the 70s-80s and the 2000s, is quite depressing isnt it?i mean c'mon 8 AE titles by rudy hartono himself!and INA's best result in AE lately is XD final in 2008...surely thats a big gap right there...

8. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    Sudirman Cup is still miles away.
    Hendrawan left.
    What's next?

9. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    cape deehh....i jst cant believe hendrawan is leaving us for mas...i hope no other INA coaches will follow rexy's footsteps...kesel...
    whats next?well, based on INA's performaces and quality of play during SC, i strongly urge pbsi to concentrate on regeneration PRONTO!
    sending players to AKMIL is a good start - re-establishing the discipline that's been long gone...
    after that, i'd say forget abt the prestige titles spend more money on sending younger/youngest players and hire talent scouts to find more taufiks and sigits and tonys and hendras...

10. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    Contradiction here.
    Then what to do with those new talents if you don't send them into tournaments?

11. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    well, obviously when we find them, we'll have to send them out won't we?what i meant was, currently there are no players who are as talented as taufik dkk therefore we need to locate new raw talents, select the best ones and hopefully those individuals will turn out jst as good or even better than taufik dkk. basically we need talent and discipline to create champions...and money (which we dont have...) until then, what to do...what to do....pasrahh....

12. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    the right way is to start sending young ones..eventhough we may have to spend the money...thats only way..of course before sending them out, PBSI should do internal competition which Djarum did last year...like Vietnam Challenge, only top 3 went there ( elfira, Nana and Febe) the rest got to Smiling Fish ( Djarum cancelled it due ti unrest at that time)...by doing internal competition, the players got selected..it is a priviledges , not just their rights...

13. narnia

narnia Regular Member

IMO, INA needs some change of generation. Even current #2 of INA would not satisfy your hope. I put my greatest credit to Hendra who I like just after LYD in the world. How about teaming up of Hendra with Hendra Gunawan who playing with Yulianto? He needs a tall strong attacker. That's my friendly suggestion. :)

p.s. and the following graph is uploaded here as the fairness request from Jagdpanther (fyi, game 2 was more dramatic: http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...atch=348#ctl00_ctl00_cphPage_cphPage_tblGame2 )

Attached Files:

#973 narnia, May 18, 2009
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
  14. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    As always...we know what we are doing..dont worry about INA ..we do not need your crazy advice ( Hendra and Hendrawan, thats insult)Badminton...we know what we do in MD as we have got 3 OG...Hendrawan is old..how he will play MD???you are just obnoxious...why dont you put Hae Tae Kwon with JJS or LYD to beat Cai Yun/FHF....?thats insult to suggest Hendra and Hendrawan...

15. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Oopps. Sorry, I mixed up with another guy. I edited. :)

p.s. I wonder why Tony Gunawan gone to USA.... He should coach INA.

16. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I wonder also why Kim Dong Moon and Ra Kyung Min, Bng Shoo Yun went to Canada....INA had many MD coaches..we do not need Tony as KOR did not need KDM or RKM either...we are, just like KOR, a free country..they can coach or go to anotehr country..I do no think it is negative..it is positive as we, power nations in Badminton should help other countries where badminton is not strong enough...

17. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Yeah, I agree to that. But at least Tony or Candra should coach INA as they know much about the tactics of their counter-parts: Ha Tae Gwon or Lee Dong Soo. Champions can be more likely produced by champions. Make sense? :)

18. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Candra will have his new academy, only for double so he will do his part..we still have Sigit Budiarto and Antonius/Kantono ( Bronze OG MD)...I am not worried about ou double...Hendra/Ahsan needed time..Kido still need, God knows!, may be a few months to heal...

19. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Okay. I'm not optimistic about the Setiawan/Ahsan partnership. Maybe they would be better. But to my view, Ahsan lacks something to replace the part of Kido. Of course, JJS/LYD needed more than two years to show their current top-most performance. Ahsan might need some more time or in the meantime, INA needs a new hero in MD.

20. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

Who will coach Sony, Simon & Maria now that Hendrawan is leaving?