Why do i keep missing??

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Chander9204, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Chander9204

Chander9204 Regular Member

Hmm... how long should i be stroking in each session??

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

lol. must resist....

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Have no idea what you are thinking. Lol

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    This should go into the comments section :)

I did a light session of practice today. Did over two hundred smashes amongst all the other practice. More is better

5. visor

visor Regular Member

I'd say it'll take as long as it takes ... until it suddenly comes to you...

6. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Sounds like you're swinging a touch too early.

Your issue is TIMING. (I used to have this problem with girls but thats a different story. Lol :D )

Get yourself a friend who can consistently lift shuttles to you high. Be observant, patient and critical of yourself.

Never take your eye off the shuttle, slow down your stroke, relax and aim to strike the shuttle cleanly thinking about how and where the cork will impact the strings. Notice the sound and feeling you get when you hit the shuttle cleanly on the sweetspot. Alter the timing of your stroke slightly and vary the speed of your stroke - notice any changes in the feeling and sound.

Keep practising until you get it right.

7. Chander9204

Hey guys... Played yesterday and followed through all d advice given... And yeah... Able to hit more accessibility this time... Still needs a little more improvement though... But better than before... Thanks alot for the tips guys!! =)

8. Chander9204

More accurately ***

9. qystan

qystan New Member

None
    The chaps have covered it.

Must never take your eyes off the shuttle until you hit it. This is the same for all racket games. Start with not hitting too hard and gradually put in the power.

Don't worry about not knowing where your opponents are. After a while, your peripheral vision will be developed and tell you where your opponents and what's going on around you.

Need to ask, are you wearing multi focal lenses? If you are, you need to change to mono focals as the depth perception changes depending on the area of the lens you're looking through in multi focal lenses.

10. Chander9204

Nope... Wearing contacts actually... Stopped using glasses for a very long time=)

11. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    To the OP, you cannot say you are intermediate and in the same breath, say you mis-hit 60% of high clears. It's either the lack of repetition, bad form, or both. You have to work through it and I don't mean playing in games. Practice only. Games are not where you want to work out a problem with your play. It just doesn't work that way. I see many people skip the boring practices and want to play games right away. Then all the unforced errors show up in the games and they wonder why.

12. Chander9204

I guess thats what's happened to me... I have Been practicing more ever since and yeah... I can really see the difference now=)

13. bimetallica

bimetallica Regular Member

help with pronation

Hi, after reading some of the threads on badminton central I started to adopt full pronation instead of the half pronation half flexion I used to use. However, although now I can get the correct contact by pronating I feel that the pronation does not really help since i'm rotating around the axis and its the rest of the body instead of forearm thats generating the forward momentum. I've checked online and the motion fully mimics the professional players however it just feels like i'm not using forearm thanks to the rotation.

Also, i'd like to ask where do you guys feel the power coming through on your hand. Is it the part of the palm in line with the index finger as well as the lower part of the index finger or is it the part below the thumb (the nice fat part used to test the doneness of steak)

Thanks for the help :)