Sudirman Cup 2009 Semi Final : May 16th

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2009' started by fantastic4, May 15, 2009.

1. chaijk

chaijk Regular Member

I think Korean will win all the three doubles in the final.

2. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Come on.. Let's pray together.

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..it's called "1st time OG jitters"...;)
    - Nova should've been replaced after the OG last yr, IMO.
    - Concur on Hendra having a few lapses. Offensively, Ahsan is okay. Still needs to have a bit more variety in his game/shots, instead of simple bombs. Rotation will need to be improved.
    - Concur that Hendra S. should just move on with Ahsan, considering Kido's knee injury will most likely linger & won't get any better..
    ..erm, i guess Pak Djoko will bear the responsibility, eh??..;)..I think the INA team has reached their goal, as i didn't expect them to enter the Final Rd anyway..In 2 more yrs, these young players should be better prepared to play in the SC..
    ..that'll be a pretty tall order. At the same time, that'll be the only way if they're going to upset the CHN armada..

#1004 ctjcad, May 16, 2009
    Last edited: May 16, 2009
  5. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

ceh really was angry with NHL tat time?i didnt know that.hehe

6. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Summary of Sudirman Cup Semifinal:
    Ina Vs Kor
    XD : Nova/Lilyana play okay but they can play better. The pressure of winning this point probably was too much for this pair and they lost.
    MS: Thru three tight sets, Sonny barely win. He is playing quite good under pressure this time.
    WS: Clealy Maria play below her form, and made tons of easy mistakes. HHY as usual play the solid defense skill.\
    MD: When I saw the line up of Ina MD, I already know if Indonesia cannot win 3-0 against Korea, they will lost even if miracle happen and they can win this tie which didnot happen. JJS/LYd more solid than the suprise pair of Hendra/Ahsan.

With players that just recovered from injury and Markis was injured, Indonesia had done their best. But next time, probably be more realistic with their goal. Cause PBSI had said they want to win Sudirman Cup this year and we lost in Semifinal 3-1. We need another solid MD pair after Hendra/Markis. Or next year Thomas Cup , we also probably failed in semifinal or Quarter if we had bad draw.

7. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

China - Malaysia:

What can I said except China players did their job very well. Even when malaysia had the advantage to play their strongest matches MS and MD in match 2 and 3 to score some points, they fail to win even 1 point.

XD : At first , clearly HHb/ YY still try to adapt and trail 9-11 in interval.But they score 8-9 points in a row by targeting WPT more and made Fairuz try to covered her and made more mistakes instead. From that points on, China dominated the whole match. With some cheap points from China players, at least Mas pair had some decent scores in this match.

MS: LD clearly show his class as the MS best right now. Bot sets, he lead very far away from LCW with some amazing shot,. But as we all know both when he lead too far, LD tend to drift away and gave some easy points to his opponents. That make this match scores a bit close. But he manage to win in straight set. LCW play very well in first set but at the end made too many errors. Probably a bit frustated cause he simply cannot penetrate LD defense too many times in this match.

MD: CY/FHF play a very slow first set. They trail too far, managed to even the score but lost 19-21. At second set, they keep attacking and managed to win with comfortable lead. In third set, both pair pretty well. But at end of the set, FHF/CY kept making easy mistakes that make the Mas pair a chance to even the score to 20-20 and then 21-21. But the China pair managed to close the set and the whoel match 23-21.

China win 3-0. Mas should be proud to achieve the semifinal spot. But if they wanted to reach final or win this cup next time, they need to had better XD, WS and WD. Otherwise they will never win this cup by depending only from MS and MD.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..XD, both Nova and Lilyana made quite a few errors; in some instances, they were even caught wrong-footed, standing still defenseless or in no-man's land..Was probably one of their worst performances..
    ..from what i saw & recall, both pairs played equally well. Could've gone either way, esp. in the 3rd game. It's just a matter of the CHN pair staying poise and focused til the end.

9. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

didnt watch today:(
    how did wpt play?heard fairuz many mistake
    shock to c ceh is in d list
    i thought they will field wpt/nhl
    maybe ceh injury not serius or maybe wpt too tired d
    hmm really brave for them to put ceh in
    what if d tie goes to 2-2 n ceh have to play? better to put wpt instead
    haha
    nway still proud we enter 1st semis
    n just heard that SC gona change format
    no more demotion n promotion
    http://badzine.info/index.php?optio...to-change-format&catid=61:newsflash&Itemid=76
    so is better
    got chance to see hkg oso
    haha

10. betazone

betazone Regular Member

I was quite disappointed with LCW, just too many unforced errors . He would only stand a chance if he cut down on all those

11. jooku1

jooku1 Regular Member

Well having said that, I guess you didn't catch the CCTV5 interview with Lin Dan after the match. He was asked about both his and LCW's performance and he did offer that both were playing at the same level today. Acc to him, he (LD) won only due to the home support.
    That was quite gracious from him.
    I'm a Malaysian supporter btw.

12. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Wong Pei Tty played a terrible game - both at the net and in defence.
    What was Fairuz to do when his partner couldn't kill even sitters? :eek:

You can get the video from this thread.

13. vanilla.

vanilla. Regular Member

Amazing.
    But Lin is like this ALL the time.

No i didn't see the post game interview.

14. LeeCW

LeeCW Regular Member

Engineer
    Just wonder when KKK will be more mature and LCW start to play offensive games!:(

15. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

As far as i am concern, KKK shouldnt change neither should LCW change his game.

in fact playing the way he did was the best way to counter LD all he need to do is less mistakes. It is not easy to play LD by attacking more and it would not have change the game any bit.

you have to look at the game carefully and you will find t LD was caught out of position many times but because he was faster he was able to recover to his position to play shots, But LCW have been able to make LD not playing his favourite shots.

Their game has reached a high level that one think it to be boring but their game have matured like a game of chess, each trying to outmaneuvre the other with feigns and delayed play to the net. If LCW had smash his way, he would have made more mistakes.

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

17. jooku1

jooku1 Regular Member

Yes, as was clearly evident yesterday, LD was struggling when LCW started to rally him. LD gets frustrated and then makes mistakes. Unfortunately LCW just made more. So, like u said LCW should maintain his way of playing (esp against LD) and just cut down on mistakes. I guess the vociferous home support does get to you somehow.

18. scherzando

scherzando Regular Member

Student
    Aaaw.. wasn't that out of character? ;)

19. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Im more impress with TBH's play yesterday, shows that he is more of an all rounder then FHF. Btw, I wonder if TBH pairing with LYD, will this be the perfect MD? :rolleyes:

20. sweetlover

sweetlover Regular Member

STUDENT
    good idea...i wonder too...:D