Yonex vs LiNing vs Victor

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Simon Loh, May 10, 2011.

1. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I think the 4U VT80 has a higher BP than the 3U, perhaps to compensate for the lighter weight.

2. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Maybe, who knows. But I'm glad I got the 4U :) Serving me well so far.

3. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Who knows, maybe you would have enjoyed the 3U more (eventually)!

4. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Doubt it tbh, though always a possibility. Because in doubles, smashes are only a portion of total requirement. Drive and defence speed is often more important. That said, I'm not sure I need more power than the VT80 is giving me at the moment lol. Against my usual group of friends etc, the vast majority of the time they can't return my smashes so I don't care either way lol. In-fact, I didn't really need more power than the MX80 offered, I just got greedy lol.

I think I'm at saturation point now though, any more and I fear I could do long term damage. Smashing 60+ times in the space of a few hours cannot be healthy for one's shoulder. Not that I have any major pains or anything, but it is worrying.

5. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I think just do more gym-like exercises and you'll be fine. Who knows, your friends may eventually get better at defense and start returning some of your power smashes!

6. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

From the rackets that has been listen (added the Victor SW35) these are the rackets I've played with or still playing:

Li-Ning :
    N90 I & II

Victor :
    BS11 / BS10
    SW35

Yonex :
    VT70 / VT80
    ArcZ-Slash / Arc10
    AT900P / AT900T
    NS9900 / NS9000X

Li Ning is very expensive and the N90 is the most powerful racket I have in my collection. But even top players that used my racket admit that after a game, the starting to have problems with their arm. Although the N90 series are powerfull, the are not fast. I have problems with the grommets from the N90 II, but the N90 does not seem to have this problem. I like the color and quality of the N90 II. The N90 looks cheap. The range of Li Ning is somewhat limited compared to the other brands.

The Victor rackets are just as wide spread in terms of types and design. Just as Yonex, there are good Victor rackets and bad rackets. The old series seems what out dated, but Victor is continuesly renewing their range, and maybe faster than Yonex. The range of victor is not as transparant as the other two brands since every range has rackets that are suited for different type of players. In terms of quality for the price you pay, I would rate Victor as the best of these three brands.

Yonex is not overpriced since they still are the pioneers in badminton rackets. And the difference is not only the price, the quality of each racket is still superiour compared to the other two rackets. Even the cheapest ones has a decent paint job. So Yonex is not the best of all brands, but I do think Yonex has the best quality control and are almost always the first with material and design.

So in my opinion, no brand is better than the other. If price is a concern, you can't go wrong with the Victors. As a collector or if you want a racket that will be sold in the future, the return of value of Yonex is the best. Li Ning has not be proven yet on the longer term, but the specifications of the N90 I and II has not been matched so far by Victor neighter by Yonex. In all cases you have to choose the right racket and not the right brand.

#46 CarbonexFan, May 17, 2011
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
  7. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

CarbonexFan, why do you think the N90 is the most powerful racket for you?

8. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

Good question. I can simply generate the hardest smashes with this racket. I cannot give you exact measurements, nor can I prove it. It's just that I don't have to put much effort to clear the shuttle compared with all the other rackets I have. Even nowadays, I have problems keeping the shuttle in the court when I play lobs from the net. And not so subjective, but the returners have more problems returning the smashes with this racket. The only problem is that I need to have more time to generate the power. It's not a fast racket.

9. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

there seems to be 3 types of LiNing N90 today! N90 1st gen which LinDan uses, N90 II, and N90 II-S. My favorite racket is Victor The Legend (most suited for single-play), which i'm pretty sure the stiffest among any other Victor lines. Aside from being very stiff, it is head-heavy balance as well. I've tried N90 II and not even closer to the BP nor the stiffness of Victor The Legend. I wonder if N90 might surpasses Victor The Legend or maybe at same level? Well, i have no idea about N90 II-S, so some advices would really be appreciated.

10. Polaroid

Polaroid Regular Member

Student
    Man after hearing all the stuff I'm giving up on Li ning LOL now its all about Victor and Yonex. :D

11. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    Everybody have their own perception about the brand. For me, i think i should get one racket for each brand lol. Missing Yonex so far ;) ... feel sorry for those who got the faulty racket though, it happens sometimes .. manufacturing problem but rarely

12. Warwickshire

Warwickshire New Member

Hi I am an allr pubs player has power but not the best I'm fast alright control I have medium swing speed I prefer head light or balanced and racket the is light but still has power and control and spound and feels good which one woul be better li ning flame n36 or victor brave sword 09 maybe li ning n50 ii 0r li ning to nano 120 or ur own opinions on why I should purchase thx

13. 7un4tran

7un4tran Regular Member

Mechanical Drafter
    The N90 first gen is very powerful. I borrowed my friend's for a week and the smash is definitely amazing. Cant argue there. None of the rackets Ive played or owned are measured with 2 grips since I remove the base grip but I can tell you that the N90 first get balance point with strings and 1 grip on the wood handle is at 314mm and my current go-to N55III is at 315mm. Both are extra stiff and absurdly head heavy, therefore got a smash to die for. Only my Armortec 700 (318mm), Z Force 1(330mm) and Lin Dan Force (320mm) are head heavier. I have all very head heavy rackets since I love the solid feel. From owning so many rackets, I find Li Ning is the most durable, then Victor, then Yonex being the least.

14. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Sorry guys I think this thread is dead already, because nowadays there r too many variants from each company. However, IMO in terms of finishings of the rackets (the current rackets), Lining is best. Next is Victor and last is Yonex.

15. bjt1

bjt1 Regular Member

for me, its lining. no soft frame issues, excellent paintjob, more pricey than yonex but almost the same as victor in my country. Yonex feels solid but at times to solid to a point it feels bulky and heavier than the 3/4U suggest. Lining uses carbon fibre, on paper its 3U but it feels lighter yet more sturdy. Victor, ill stay away until they fix their frames and get their crap together.