Saina Nehwal

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by saina fan, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I am new to this forum . I have been watching so many criticism against saina from some particular persons. Once i have seen it, i replied to them. Badminton is a wonderful game. I am here because of the success of Saina nehwal. I appreciate her for dragging me from cricket to badminton. I appreciate all the top ranked players who are very much interested to play for their country. How come these trollers be allowed to criticize top ranked players for simple reason?.
    I like wang yihan's attacking play.
    I like wang xin's tactical play.
    I like wang shixian's rallies.
    I like saina's do or die spirit.
    Whoever you take, they have special qualities. We should not disgrace them. This is my point.
    But when people like Miqlin7 spoils badminton, we should not simply sit and watch. Thats what my policy. I just referred those youtube links where Miqlin7 has got so many criticisms for his remarks.. I dont wanna continue this subject hereafter as it is the thread of Saina. So, lets forget about that troller and continue about saina.

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    if dog bite u,u bite it back?

3. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

the person you are refering to has already been banned from BC.for using these kind of hateful remarks against Saina, India and even Taufik Hidayat. So no point quoting him. As far as others "hateful" comments, i think they are not crossing the line and are just giving their opinion.

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Nice good question.. Lol

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Just report it. That troller is trying to make many comebacks so do not fall into the trap.

Not what I would have written but point well taken.:)

6. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

You are right, I noticed that too. It is so obvious he is trying to stir up trouble here.
    I advice scorpion1 to relax and not react to these comments.

As for Saina, lets hope she recovers soon and plays in the next HK SS

7. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Thanks for your valuable advice. Yeah. I will do my best. Anyway, thanks for your care. :)

8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Power of Saina after her Olympics medal..Interesting news. Just wanted to share

Have a look at this news. You may wonder how come a cricket bounded country was slowly starting to share equal importance with badminton.

Kudos to saina nehwal.

" http://www.deccanherald.com/content/290002/mulayam-offers-saina-lok-sabha.html "

Different news about saina. I just wanted to share for you people to know about it and enjoy

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
  10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Quite understandably, SN is the toast of India and she has been richly rewarded.

But it will take some more time for her to equate Nadal in tennis I think. In any case the two racquet games are different, so are the competitions and the players.

While players are expected to have ups and downs, the recent French Open exposed SN's weakness not so much mentally, but more so physically as she was too slow to measure up to her young Japanese competitor.

Minatsu Mitani, I think, has not won any tournaments of significance. But in her final match against SN, she gave back what SN normally gave to others. MM's commitment and 'do-or-die" attitude surprised even SN herself and resulted in her unexpected defeat in straight games of 21-19, 21-11.

Like LXR, SN has to pull up her socks to avoid further defeats in the presence of so many up-and-coming talented young players.

11. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I think that i dont have to worry about her. She is a fighter. Definitely, she might have learnt the mistakes from the loss she has conquered in the finals of French Open. We cant judge a person's weakness in one match. Lets see how she do in Hongkong open . But she played well. she said that she was tired in the second game. Its obvious. Because, she was showing an attacking game in the first set. She is also not completely fit starting from Denmark Open. Mitani's coach did a great job. Saina is very effective when she is in mid court. So, mitani did not give chance to her and she was pushing everything back. Saina was not used to it i hope. So, she tried to finish the game as early as possible and did some unforced errors.

No Doubt, saina has made a great achievement.
    Mitani is 21 and saina is 22. Mitani captured her 1st title . Saina has already captured 15 titles(including Superseries, superseries premiur, GPG etc).
    So, Still she has 8 years of play. she already discussed in setting up an academy in Bangalore.
    Lets see how it goes..:)

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes, at so young an age SN already has big dreams to give back to the badminton community.

For this I salute her and I hope her initiative will encourage corporate sponsors to support her. :)

13. IamDebajit

IamDebajit New Member

Engg.Student
    Beautiful!!!

14. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
  15. rajat_remar

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
  17. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    Yup!Saina has indeed wore a dress like that before for ramp walk but can't remember when.......That dress kinda looks like sania's wedding dress

18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yeah.. She wore a similar kind of dress before . But this dress looks glamarous than the dress she wore it before. But not the year he mentioned. I think that happened in 2011

19. rajat_remar

here's the video of her in the dress uploaded on jul3, 2010....I guess it was after IO 2010.

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Saina won't mind joining public life
    TNN | Nov 9, 2012, 03.57AM IST*

HYDERABAD: Saina Nehwal may seriously consider the option of joining politics and public life after her badminton career is over. This was revealed by the badminton champion herself - in response to a pointed question - at the launch of her autobiography in the city on Wednesday.

"Right now, my full time vocation is to play badminton", Saina, said not making bones that she is aiming for the gold medal in the 2016 Olympics. The Hyderabad girl secured the bronze medal at the recently concluded London Olympics.

The book was jointly released by ace shooter Gagan Narang and the Resident Editor of The Times Of India Kingshuk Nag. "I think talent is not enough and hard work is very important. I would say 40% talent and 60% hard work goes towards the making of a champion and yes, of course, discipline is an imperative," Saina said.

"If I have to pinpoint one single factor that has gone towards my success, it is the fact that I play to win. Winning gives me the inspiration to carry on day after day, week after week, month after month," Saina said in response to a question. In terms of special people who had made her what she is, Saina said that her mother and her coach Pullela Gopichand would surely be counted in that category.

Crediting her mother for being the source of inspiration, Saina said: "My mom, was the one who pushed me into badminton. I remember once asking her what the difference was between me and the world No.1 player, and she didn't laugh at the question or think I was setting goals too high. Instead, she looked me in the eye and told me exactly how the best player in the world was better than me. It made me feel that I could dream big, and I did begin to do so. I knew I had a lot of work ahead to get to the top, the road was opening in front of me and I stepped on it with some confidence, thanks to Mummy."

On her coach she said: "I find Gopi sir a lot cooler than several other coaches. He encourages me by saying you are doing a lot for India and you are our gold." Saina added: "Whatever the coaches ask me to do, I do perfectly." Narang, who also won a bronze at the London Olympics, chipped in saying that sportspersons have the right credentials to join public life and politics.

"A lot of people look up to us for inspiration. Sportspersons unite the country with their achievements. I am sure we can do a good job in politics," Gagan said.

On her journey towards 2016 Rio Olympics, Saina said it was important to stay injury-free. "I am happy that I started my journey by winning the Denmark Open where I beat the world No.1. Though it is too early, I want to stay focused till then," said Saina, who is the first Indian shuttler to win a Commonwealth Games gold.

When Narang enquired on what she wanted to change in the country, Saina said, "I want all the sports to be as popular as cricket. I want the sponsors to support not only stars but all the players from all disciplines."

Asked what was the first thing she did after winning the bronze at London, Saina said "I had an ice cream. I eat ice cream whenever I win a tournament. In fact, that is the only occasion I get to eat ice cream. And to eat ice creams I want to win many more tournaments," said the winner of 18 international titles.

On how Yoganidhra formed a crucial part of her career, she said, "I do a lot of it every day. It helps one to stay focused and relieves from all kinds of pressures." Saina agreed that at 22, she did not live the life that a girl of her age lived. "But badminton is my life and even the friends that I have are made in the badminton academy where I spend most of the time when I am not travelling for matches," she said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.