Tan Chun Seang

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Loh, Jun 5, 2007.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It looks like the undercurrent is more players gonna walk out of BAM and they are trying to stop the flow with the cork of banning. If all the MS walk out, then they will have no TC squad next year, or if there is , BAM would be the laughing stock if they have to field very young guns for MS2 and MS3 who cannot even get past the first round of a GPGold. Imagine losing to SIN MS2 and MS3 in TC12! Suing is not a good idea unless they have lots of money to throw away. Lawyers get paid whether they win or lose a case. Lawyers are the real winners in any lawsuit.

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Yes, they can ban. Players entries need the 'chop of approval' from national associations. You can read it from the rules of each tournament. If not, many more players would have gone independent.

3. eaglehelang

Even if Rajesh Paul know, I dont think she can reveal. There was a media clampdown after she sided TCS the 1st time TCS resigned. If I remember correctly, The Star(to lesser extent Sin Chew) was the only one vocal enough to critic BAM, the other media sided with management.

4. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I feel so sad and angry that BAM decided to bully a small fry like TCS. When chin chai said national interest come first. They are wrong, national interest are not same as BAM interest. BAM interst is to continue stay in power and national interst is to make sure Msia will continue to be power houses in badminton.BAM attitude is same like the Gomen. They wanna continue to be in control no matter whT it takes

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    It may not be fair to say BAM's interest is not the same as national interest, or worse their interest conflicts.

BAM is established with the support of the Malaysian government. I'm sure they get annual grants from the government probably via the National Sports Council. BAM's main objective is to develop the game in Malaysia so that in the process champions can emerge to put Malaysia in the world sports map. Then the national interest is served. Lee Chong Wei is a good example and how the nation celebrated when he brought back the singles silver medal in the Beijing Olympics 2009.

Now the Malaysian government, as even the PM got into the picture to encourage LCW, and BAM are putting much resources to assist especially LCW to deliver the gold medal in London Olympics 2012. LCW did not give any problem to BAM, even when his coach MS was changed, unlike TCS who has not made much headway in his professional career so far and is still not a household name.

I don't think BAM is out to bully TCS. It would be foolish to do so if TCS has the potential to bring honours to Malaysia (national interest). TCS must have done something wrong to warrant such a heavy punishment from BAM. Did TCS break any of the rules? So until the details are revealed to us, we should not jump at conclusions that BAM wants to victimize TCS.

6. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Transparency is important. Rajesh should ask them. Else, she should bombard BAM for being autocratic or snobbish. ;)

7. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Thursday July 14, 2011
    Chun Seang stays positive despite BAM ban
    ALOR SETAR: Tan Chun Seang has no regrets quitting the national team set-up. Instead, he is looking forward to the future as an independent shuttler.
    The 25-year-old Chun Seang, who was one of the elite singles shuttlers, walked out of the national team last month citing a lingering knee injury which has curtailed his career.
    And he paid a heavy price for it – being handed a two-year ban from all international tournaments in Asia by the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM).
    However, Chun Seang can still compete in tournaments outside Asia, provided he takes part in at least one domestic tournament.
    And he refuses to be down-hearted.
    “My knee injury never really healed and it really slowed down my career. Resigning from the national team seemed the best option as I couldn’t really contribute much and I was only hindering the progress of others,” said Chun Seang, who is ranked No. 165 in the world.
    He last played for the national team in the Malaysian Open GP Gold in May, losing in the first round.
    “But it’s not the end of the world for me as I can still compete in Europe,” he said.
    “I will join a German club next month and play in the German League in Munich for three months. After that, if my condition allows, I will continue playing in Europe.
    “I also plan to appeal to the BAM to lighten the ban imposed on me before I head over to Munich as I still want to compete in tournaments such as the Malaysian Open. Hopefully it will all work out fine.”
    Meanwhile, Chun Seang is complying with BAM’s rules that all independent shuttlers must compete in domestic tournaments by featuring in the ongoing Kedah Open in his hometown.
    The lefthander did well to beat Selangor’s Woon Kok Hong 22-20, 21-11 in the first round yesterday. Chun Seang then went on to book a place in the quarter-finals when his opponent, Lim Yu Sheng of Malacca, conceded a walkover in the second round.
    “It feels good to win. I do not have a specific target as I am still recovering from the knee injury and I just want to try my best, playing as many matches as possible,” said Chun Seang.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/7/14/sports/9096181.asp&sec=sports

8. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Friday July 22, 2011
    Banned Chun Seang to play in Germany
    KUALA LUMPUR: Former international men singles shuttler Tan Chun Seang will be celebrating his 25th birthday today with a big smile.
    Yesterday, the former top back-up player signed up a deal with Apacs in a bid to revive his badminton career as a professional player and prove that there is still some good badminton in him.
    Apacs will sponsor his three-month stint with PTSV Rosenheim, a club in Germany. He will participate in the German league and will also take part in the German Open at Munich to improve his world ranking.
    The left-handed Chun Seang, who is currently ranked 163rd in the world has been banned by BAM from competing in Asian tournaments for the next two years for walking out on the national team.
    [​IMG] Play on: Former international shuttlers (from left) Tan Chun Seang, Kuan Beng Hong, Chong Li Qun, Gan Teik Chai and Tan Bin Shen posing with Apacs manager Jebbery Lim after announcing the sponsorship deal for the five players.
    Chun Seang is the first Malaysian shuttler to serve a ban for two years for sending a resignation letter to the BAM. The player decided that he was unable to contribute anymore in the elite team after his game had stagnated.
    Kedahan Chun Seang, however, was happy to get a second chance to revive his career.
    “I am no longer injured and looking forward to the stint in Europe. I will give my best to improve my game. Eventually, I hope to compete in the Super Series events,” said Chun Seang.
    Apacs manager Jebbery Lim said that it would be worth their money to send Chun Seang to Europe.
    “Apacs has a market in Europe and Chun Seang will be able to market and promote the brand for us. We are looking forward to our partnership with Chun Seang,” said Jebbery.
    With Chun Seang’s entry, Apacs now have a total of five players under their banner. The others are new recruit Chong Li Qun and three old timers – Gan Teik Chai-Tan Bin Shen and Kuan Beng Hong.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/7/22/sports/9150327.asp&sec=sports

9. pasemboq

pasemboq Regular Member

10. pasemboq

pasemboq Regular Member

TCS beat Uncle Wong in 3 sets. 16-21 21-18 14-21

Not sure about Marc Zwiebler but looks like he didn't play for MS. Maybe he's too tired after losing in MD i.e the first team match.

Although his club lost, so far TCS record in the German League is 4-0.

11. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    that is not bad ... so what is tCS next tournament ??

12. Toastie

Toastie Regular Member

http://www.badzine.de/ansicht/datum/2011/08/29/tan-chun-beschert-rosenheim-zwei-siege.html (in German)
    An article about his performance in the german league. It is also said that he talked to german players, saying he wanted to play in the german league, and they made the connection to his german club (PTSV Rosenheim). It is also said that he lives in Vienna and is sparring with the Austrian Team.

BTW: Zwiebler had a back-injury, therfore not playing the singles against Tan Chun Seang.

13. pasemboq

pasemboq Regular Member

Rosenheim's next match is on the 25th of September against SC Union Lüdinghausen.

Lüdinghausen's first MS is Tan Yuhan (Belgium Champ, BWF rank 65). He beat Uncle Wong in 2 sets.

This match is a good yardstick to gauge TCS current performance. TCS highest ranking was also around 60+ last time.

14. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    hope he can represent german or austria one day...

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

He is representing Mas in the belgian international this week.

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yonex Belgian International 2011

http://www.toernooi.nl/sport/matches.aspx?id=B0E961A6-A898-43EB-94C5-1609DA9B4BA3&d=20110916

After playing 3 matches yesterday, Tan Chun Seang managed to qualify for the main event which takes place today. TCS had to summon his reserves to oust Demark's Morten Brodbaek 22-24, 21-18, 21-13 in 57 min.

Julian Wong Pei Xian also qualified playing a match less in the WS.

However, youngster and recently crowned Commonwealth Junior champion, Zulfadli Zulkiffli was bundled out by Germany's Nikolaj Persson in the last match in straight games of 21-14, 21-14.

Singapore players will be in action from today.

#436 Loh, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  17. pasemboq

pasemboq Regular Member

TCS beat seeded Mathieu LO YING PING 21-10 22-20 in 28 minutes.

Mathieu current rank is 49.

His next match this afternoon is against German Dieter Domke (ranking 76).

18. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Anyone still following Tan CS or have you all given up ?

He's doing well in Europe nowadays, ranking, form and confidence all seem to be improving:)

Good to see :)

19. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Good to know that. :)

20. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Indeed:)

How is his English by the way, hoping to talk to him this week if possible:)