Zulfadli Zulkifli

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Dec 18, 2010.

1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Yes HH can't contribute much. Malaysia is not going to win it. Just let lcw win the first and hopefully ZZ gets a chance to play also. ;)

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    We could be waiting for a long, long time before BAM appreciate ZZ's ability

I agree... BAM is more involved in politics than in our beloved sport, Badminton.

We could be waiting for a long, long time before BAM realise and appreciate that ZZ won the 2011 World Junior Singles Title for MAS.
    :eek::eek::eek:

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports

Tuesday February 21, 2012

Zulfadli wins ‘Best Young Athlete’ award

PETALING JAYA: World junior badminton champion Zulfadli Zulkifli was named as the SAM-100 PLUS-KBS “Best Young Athlete” for 2011 by the Sportswriters Association of Malaysia (SAM) yesterday.
    The 18-year-old Zulfadli made history by becoming the first Malaysian to win the boys’ singles’ crown at the World Junior Champion*ship in Taiwan after stunning favourite and defending champion Victor Axelsen of Denmark 21-18, 9-21, 21-19 last November.
    Earlier, in April, he also became the first Malaysian to clinch the Asian Junior title in India.
    An elated Zulfadli said the award will spur him on to win more titles.
    “I’m surprised to be named as the winner but am obviously very happy to be chosen,” said Zulfadli.
    “The award will motivate me to do better this year.
    “I also want to thank all the sports writers who had supported me.”
    Zulfadli, winner of the 100PLUS National Junior Circuit last year, will receive the award and RM3,000 during a ceremony this Sunday.
    The highlight of the ceremony will be the “Athlete of the Year 2011” award.
    A total of 11 nominees were selected. Five were shortlisted with the winner for each category selected by SAM members.
    The five shortlisted nominees will receive RM1,000 each while the winner takes home RM10,000 and a crystal trophy.
    The 11 nominees are Lee Chong Wei (badminton), Nicol David (squash), Pandelela Rinong (diving), Fatehah Mustapha and Ju Pha Som Net (cycling), Nur Suryani Taibi (shooting), Jacqueline Jenelee and Adrian Ang (bowling), Aaliyah Yoong (water-ski), Kevan Cheah (wushu) and the men’s recurve team (archery).
    This year, SAM have also introduced two new awards – “Best Comeback Athlete” and “Most Dynamic Association”.
    A total of RM45,000 is also up for grabs for SAM members under six categories – best news report (print), best commentary (print), best news report (electronic), best commentary (electronic), best special report (print and electronic) and best photography.
    A Grand Overall Award winner will be picked from the six categories and will take home RM7,000 and a crystal trophy.
    Each winner of the six categories will receive RM3,000 and a trophy.
    All five nominees for each of the six categories will receive RM500 and a medal.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2012/2/21/sports/10775398.asp&sec=sports

Good start for young Zul

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

World junior badminton champion Zulfadli Zulkifli ought to be congratulated

Thanks for the article eaglehelang. :):):)

World junior badminton champion Zulfadli Zulkifli ought to be congratulated.

I was disappointed that KKK was chosen to play as 3rd Singles for Malaysia at the 2012 Thomas Cup Preliminaries when ZZ was back at home asking:

"Why is this happening? - I could perform better than KKK in that match". :(:(:(

5. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

this the reaction of ZZ when watching KKK play as 3rd single...

Picture_2_c.jpg

6. extremenanopowe

ccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk... lol ;)

7. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

will ZZ as KLRC independent player able to outclass the BAM players which no LCW standing his way...?!

8. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

not yet ... hopefully soon.... (watched him play wong choon han not too long ago in another thread somewhere)

9. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

really? link please...

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Have a read of Post #161 of this thread

I believe that pajrul is talking about Post #161 of this thread. :D:D:D

11. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

sorry bro for my cryptic post it should have been written as : "watched him play wong choon han not too long ago and i commented on that game in a post somewhere"

and chris is right.. with the post#..... way back in august last year... thanks chris

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

What we have said/commented/posted in the past can be tracked down

:D:D:D Hahaha... What we have said/commented/posted in the past can be tracked down (unless it was deleted). :D:D:D

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Zulfadli in demand

Source: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2012/2/25/sports/10805682&sec=sports

Zulfadli in demand, and James wants world junior champ to join national training camp

By RAJES PAU
    Saturday February 25, 2012

KUALA LUMPUR: Asian and world junior champion Zulfadli Zulkifli of KLRC is in great demand.

Yesterday, High Performance Team (HPT) member Datuk James Selvaraj said he would propose to the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) that the 18-year-old Zulfadli be invited to join the national training camp.

James feels Zulfadli will be an asset to the team preparing for the Thomas Cup Finals in Wuhan from May 20-27 and hopes that a bold decision will be made by the Coaching and Training Committee (CNT).

“He is a bright talent who has made us proud by winning the Asian and world junior titles. I will bring up the idea of inviting him to join the national team to the CNT,” said James.

“It will benefit Zulfadli and the team if he joins the national training centre. If he proves himself, we may even select him for the Thomas Cup Finals. But for now, it will be good if BAM gets him in first.”

Zulfadli has trained with the BAM players in the past. In fact, he had joined the centralised training at the Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara prior to his successful outings in both the Asian and world junior championships.

It is also learnt that KLRC owner Datuk Seri Andrew Kam had met with BAM general manager Kenny Goh and HPT’s Wong Ah Jit on Thursday to discuss “loaning” their players – Mohd Hafiz Hashim and Zulfadli – to BAM as part of the preparations for the Finals.

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Dad says OK

Source: http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/dad-says-ok-1.52374

Monday, February 27, 2012

ZULKIFLI Sidek will not stand in his son, Zulfadli's way if he is asked to train with the Thomas Cup team by the BA of Malaysia (BAM).

Zulkifli used to be apprehensive when BAM offered Zulfadli the chance to join the national junior team on several occasions but he now feels that his son can progress faster by training with the national players.

The BAM coaching and training committee (CTC), which met on Saturday, has already given approval to KLRC Berhad's Hafiz Hashim to join the national training session beginning today. But the CTC hasn't given a clear indication on Zulfadli who is also with the same club.

It is understood that BAM officials have already had discussions with KLRC chairman Datuk Seri Andrew Kam a few days ago and he has given permission for the national body to recruit Hafiz and Zulfadli for training if their services are needed.

"I am not going to stand in my son's way. He can join the training sessions with the Thomas Cup players and it is up to BAM to decide whether he is good enough to be selected for the team event," said Zulkifli.

"My son can progress faster if he spars with the national players and he will also get the oppotunity to train with Lee Chong Wei.

"I also want to check with Datuk Seri (Kam) to confirm if there is any official request from BAM. If there is, I will allow him to train with them."

Zulfadli, who won the Sportswriters' Association of Malaysia's (SAM) Young Athlete of the Year award yesterday, is also keen as long as he gets the greenlight from KLRC.

"I can join training if KLRC allows and if BAM wants me to train with the national players. I want to try and fight for a place in the Thomas Cup squad," said Zulfadli.

BAM deputy preasident Datuk Al Amin Majid, who has stated in the past that independent players will be given a fair chance, said a final decision will be taken during a council meeting tomorrow.

The council will decide whether independent players will be included for the Axiata Cup team event next month as well as Zulfadli's inclusion for the Thomas Cup training.

"Hafiz has been invited for training as he is currently the second ranked Malaysian in the world ranking. The other matters will be discussed and finalised during the council meeting on Tuesday (tomorrow)," said Al Amin.

It is learnt that only a few members of the CTC committee are against the proposal to allow Zulfadli to train with the national team.

The move to allow him to train with the national players will also open the eyes of Zulfadli himself to the benefits of training with the senior players as he is probably the best potential that Malaysia has.

BAM has "already allowed" Hafiz without conditions while its secretary Ng Chin Chai has indirectly indicated that Zulfadli must join the national squad on a permanent basis to be considered for training. This shows BAM is not consistent with its own practice and the council is expected to come up with a more pro-active move and allow Zulfadli to join training until the Thomas Cup Finals in Wuhan, China on may 20-29.

#594 chris-ccc, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  15. extremenanopowe

Well, they should spar regularly like every 2 weeks or a months once, or whenever there is no tournament in their way. Do an internal point system, merging with the world ranking to average it out so as to look fair for everyone. Politic sucks. All talks and no suggestions or ideas to improve the system. ;)

16. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
  17. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Wednesday February 29, 2012
    Zulfadli to the fore
    By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR: It was a day of triple joy for Asian and world junior singles champion Zulfadli Zulkifli of KLRC – as well as a day of recognition for all professional clubs.
    The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) showed that they are open to the idea of giving independent players a chance to prove themselves by naming Zulfadli for three major assignments.

The youngster, who turned 19 on Feb 11, has been selected to represent the country in the Axiata Cup under Team B (comprising the country’s best Under-21 players). The others are all BAM shuttlers – Misbun Ramdan Misbun, Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin, Loh Wei Sheng and world junior boys’ champions Ow Yao Han-Chooi Kah Ming (2009) and Teo Ee Yi-Nelson Heg Wei Keat (2011).
    Zulfadli has also been invited to join the trainees gearing up for the Thomas Cup Finals in Wuhan in May.
    [​IMG] Big thank you: Zulfadli Zulkifli will now get a chance to prove himself.
    But the icing on the cake was his inclusion as one of the core members of a special squad for the 2016 Thomas Cup Finals and Olympic Games.
    Zulfadli has been asked to train at the national centre at the Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara with another KLRC player – Mohd Hafiz Ha**shim – from March 5. Seasoned campaigner Hafiz played in the Tho*mas Cup qualifiers in Macau and has been earmarked for the Finals.
    Zulfadli’s selection is unique as he did not come through the BAM centralised system. He had benefited from state programmes during his younger days before joining professional club KLRC, owned by Datuk Seri Andrew Kam.
    BAM president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh said that the national body were open to the idea of having players from clubs representing the country.
    “With this in mind, we have requested Hafiz and Zulfadli to join BAM’s training from March 5 to prepare for the Axiata Cup,” Nadzmi said after chairing the council meeting at a hotel here yesterday.
    The Axiata Cup, a men’s mixed team event comprising two singles and one doubles will be held over three weekends – March 23-25, March 31-April 2 and April 13-15.
    “After the Axiata Cup, they will continue to train at BAM until the Thomas Cup Finals,” said Nadzmi.
    “As for selection to the Thomas Cup Finals, the best players in the country, whether BAM or independent, will be considered. The team will be named at the end of April.
    “We will not hold a trial but selection will be based on coaches’ assessments.”
    On the introduction of the 2016 special squad, Nadzmi said: “It consists of the best Under-21 players who were medallists at last year’s World Junior and Asian Junior championships.
    “The council decided to form the squad today because we believe that there should be continuity in BAM. More players from the national team or the clubs will be included in this squad if they show potential.
    “We have not spoken about having a specific coach for this squad although we would like to have one in the future.”
    Nadzmi said an official letter would be sent to Zulfadli and Hafiz on their selection.
    “We will sit with these players and discuss the details of the offer and sponsorship matters. We have several conditions for non-BAM players and we will lay them out,” he said.
    Zulfadli’s inclusion is proof that club and independent players can represent the country if they produce the goods.
    OTHER MATTERS
    ·Ariffin Mohd Ghani of the National Sports Council (NSC) appointed as an additional member of High Performance Team (HPT);
    ·Johor to host the Yonex-Sunrise Malaysia Open Grand Prix Gold from May 1-6; and
    ·Every council member awarded a Samsung tablet so that future meetings will be paperless.

The Squads
    > Axiata Cup Team A
    Singles: Lee Chong Wei, Mohd Hafiz Hashim, Liew Daren, Mohd Arif Abdul Latif.
    Doubles: Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong, Goh V Shem-Lim Khim Wah.
    > Axiata Cup Team B and 2016 Thomas Cup and Olympic Games special squad

Men’s singles: Zulfadli Zulkifli, Misbun Ramdan Misbun, Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin and Loh Wei Sheng.

Men’s doubles: Ow Yao Han-Chooi Kah Ming, Teo Eei Yi-Nelson Heg Wei Keat.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2012/2/29/sports/10824661.asp&sec=sports

Except for Ramdan, the Team B consist of WJCs and WJC and/or AJC runners up

#597 eaglehelang, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  18. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Wednesday February 29, 2012
    World junior champ just can’t believe his good fortune
    KUALA LUMPUR: “Is it really true?” This was the first question youngster Zulfadli Zulkifli asked when told that he had been included in the training team for the Thomas Cup Finals and named to represent the country for the Axiata Cup and the special squad for the 2016 Thomas Cup Finals and Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
    When told it was true, KLRC shuttler Zulfadli expressed elation with the Badminton Association of Malaysia’s (BAM) decision.
    “I am glad BAM have recognised my achievements in winning the Asian and world junior titles ... I am thrilled to bits,” said Zulfadli.
    “I know I have a long way to go but the experience of playing in the Axiata Cup will be great. It will allow young players like me to experience the atmosphere of a team competition.
    “I am also looking forward to training with the rest for the Thomas Cup Finals. It will be a priceless learning curve for me.
    “I have joined BAM’s training sessions before, having been invited for centralised training prior to the Asian and world junior meets.
    “I am aware of their rules and regulations and I am ready to abide by them. Representing the country is an honour.”
    Zulfadli said he is looking forward to meeting the BAM to work out details of his move from the club to the national centre.
    “Of course, I will discuss all this with my club’s president (Datuk Seri Andrew Kam) and my father. I am sure they will be supportive and I will get their blessings,” he said.
    “I do not mind the short stints with the national team but I have to discuss in depth if it involves a long term partnership.
    “I have to safeguard the interest of my sponsors. All this can be discussed and solved amicably.
    “The most important thing is that I get a chance to gain as much experience as possible in my transition year from a junior to a senior player.”
    Zulfadli, who turned 19 on Feb 11, is ranked 130th in the world.
    His best achievement in the last one year was a semi-final finish at the Proton Malaysia International Challenge, where he lost to Mohd Arif Abdul Latif.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2012/2/29/sports/10825025.asp&sec=sports

19. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Its about time.. now ZZ has to prove himself...

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    samsung tablets!
    how much spend on this?
    they must have bought more expensive one,haha