Looking for slight head heavy/even balance racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by wzhtg, Dec 9, 2012.

1. wzhtg

wzhtg Regular Member

Student
    Hi guys, currently I'm using an Apacs nanospeed 7700 (Yonex nanospeed 7700 clone) which has the below specs:

- 4U
    - Headlight
    - Stiff

Have been using the racket for 3 years or so. What I like about the racket was the accuracy and control but I felt it lacked a bit in power. Hence was hoping to look for a racket that is slight head heavy for a bit of help in generating some extra power but at the same time not too heavy for defence.

Looking at the Victor MX60 which seems to fit my requirements. However, I noted the MX 60 is rated as mid flex. Not sure if any bros have had these 2 rackets before and can tell if the difference in stiffness is a lot.

If any bros got any recommendations for the rackets, please feel free to suggest.

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

personally, I think mx60 is quite stiff for 'medium flex'. I deflection tested it against my TPros (http://www.dcbadminton.net/), which are stiff, and the mx60 is actually stiffer.

3. wzhtg

wzhtg Regular Member

Student
    I see. How stiff is it compared to let's say the Yonex Nanospeed 9900? My friend has one and I intend to borrow for a swing to see if I can handle the stiffness.

4. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

Apacs Tantrum 200/300

5. asdsadas2008

asdsadas2008 Regular Member

Student
    you can try victor bravesword 11 or spira 21 if you want something even stiffer. BS11 is abt even balanced/slightly head heavy, and it's stiff also.

Spira 21 is ard there also but it's super stiff :)

6. amleto

amleto Regular Member

I've never used 9900, but 9900 should be stiffer than mx60!

7. wzhtg

wzhtg Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the recommendation bro, will definately take it into account. The BS11 does seem to be a good all round racket based on the reviews which is great since I play a mixture of singles and doubles. Would you be able to do a comparison between the BS11 and MX60?

8. wayonbird

wayonbird New Member

manager
    i think so,you can try victor bravesword 11 or spira 21 if you want something even stiffer.thanks[​IMG]

9. asdsadas2008

asdsadas2008 Regular Member

Student
    With MX60 it's easier to generate power the combination of the slightly head heavy frame + mid stiff/flex shaft helps you to generate power. Do note that you can even feel the drag of the shaft when you hit some hard smash with this racket. Control will be quite hard due to the shaft which is mid stiff/flex, if you're not used to this level of stiffness, you'll need some time to adjust.

Bravesword 11 is less user friendly, it's around even balanced or head heavy depending on your personal feeling. The swing speed is much faster with this racket so some timing issue is expected if you're not used to very fast swinging racket. BS11 provides better control and that whippy feeling when you managed to do a good smash or shot. You can definitely generate power with this racket, just that you'll need some time to adjust.

Overall i'd say if you play both singles and doubles BS11 suits you better. MX60 suits the doubles player better