Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    again, this guru talk and talk aimlessly, this explain lcw's play style. You see. lotta lcw threads and posts here because BC/BF traffic is driven by fans from bolehland, Jia you fans from china doesn't even make up 1% of BF traffic. In term of noise, you bolehers win hands down. That is the fact. You can engrave that on a trophy of some sort:p

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- Have you done your calculation correctly?? Are you using the latest & greatest ranking?..Here, i give you the latest and greatest MS WR list. Do the calculation just for LD and LCW pts/no. of tourneys shown and multiply the numbers (for LCW and LD) by 10 tourneys. Which player ends up with more pts??..
    http://tournamentsoftware.com/ranking/category.aspx?id=1497&category=472
    - Of course we are basing everything on assumption. At the same time we take facts. And the fact is, LD has more pts/tourney than LCW. Isn't that the truth??
    - As for the LD being "generous" and being "a nice fellow", that's just a bit of a tease, sort of tongue in cheek. But there's some truth in that esp. since LD has been skipping so many tourneys for mult. reasons, in a way, giving LCW and a bunch of other players chance to gain pts and win titles. Isn't that the truth?

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    well, you got your wish in post #901

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

In term of popularity here in BC/BF, LCW isn't even in the top 10 inquiries by people entering BF.
    LCW Popularity is only in the phantom imagination of the the extreme boleh fans.
    Fact is fact, right?

if u plan to make more claims, can you provide us with some facts, data, statistics????

#904 cooler, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  5. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    there is no doubt about lin dan skipping tournaments and others get the chance to gain more point, nobody here is disputing the truth. only you keep bringing it up:eek:

and why you have to use 'generous', 'nice fellow' .... bla..bla... as a neutralist?
    unless you are a jia yu fan this discussion won't be so long :D

6. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    you have reading disorder or i am wrong? :confused::confused::confused:

i said threads and post not searches :eek::eek::eek::eek:

7. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker

not really... not me,as far as i can say..

he's turning himself into a joke literally.. by going for WR1 cos of the BAM allowance policy and then can't perform cos he's not really the no.1 at the crucial time.

putting additional pressure on himself cos, "hey, you're no.1, right ? "

8. majyun

majyun Regular Member

As I mentioned, the total points are only taken from the best 10 tournaments. So, LCW's average point will be 81866.8578/10 NOT 81866.8578/13(the extra 3 tournaments do not contribute to his ranking points). And let's assume LD won another Super series in the past year and have 10 tournamets on top on what he has now, he will have (70473.975+9200=79673.975) with a averge points of tournament of 79673.975/10. Does it looks obvious to you who top the BWF ranking at the moment?
    See above, it was a year or 2 ago. But not anymore(at least comparing on the basis of 10 tournaments). Will LD always win in any tournament he goes? Again, you can only assume what you want but I do know that LD lose occasionally.
    You mentioned that LCW might not be able to win his first AE have LD wasn't kind enough. I beg to differ, I was there watching LD's match vs BCL in the NIA arena itself(just sitting behind them). BCL played perfectly and LD just doesn't have the answer to BCL's power play that day. Even if you don't think that LCW has the capability to beat LD, at least give credit to BCL for his splendid performance and stop giving craps like what LD's teammates can achieve is all from LD's gift(To be honest, I am really sick of this assumption).
    Again, you based your arguments on assumption again. The assumption that LD will win in any tournaments he goes.
    Facts are,
    1)LD didn't participate in those tournaments. Thus, he is not a competitor in those tournaments.
    2)Even if he did participate, he won't be guarantee a trophy.
    3)If he played more tournaments. He won't be as well prepared in big tournaments because he would have less time training at home. And other player might have a better chance against him
    4) The man is no god, he made mistake too.

Another fact: Throughout the past few years, many players have managed to win tounaments WITH LD in the competitions. To say that the man has the status to be able to give chance or title to others, I once again think that you are pushing it. So I hope you can stop using phrase like "he is giving chance or doing charity whenever he is absent from a tournament" or "letting his mates to win a competition whenever he feels generous". You might not feel that way, but I think you are not being respectful to the other players and I am a little bit sick of those rude comments. I hope you can give credit where it is due.

#908 majyun, Jun 3, 2010
  9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I find it funny, :p it seems that no matter how hard LCW tries, LD just walks all over him. Especially in the big events, the ones that really count, the bigger the event, the larger the margin of victory for LD it would appear.
    It's a shame really, usually LCW win or lose, still seems gracious in defeat, but at the Thomas cup, he looked extremely annoyed, and disapponted. Maybe it's because not only LD is a better player, but a better dancer :p:p

10. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Where did you find this chart ?

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i think pbM can answer that one;)

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

so shouldn't Canada be #1 since i'm the #1 google searcher:rolleyes:

13. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    and why are you telling me this?
    does it make you feel good directing above to me?
    its nothing, seriously until you grow up:eek:

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- So, what do 13 and 9 tourneys mean?..why do they have to put and show them there?? what's the purpose?..
    - On LD losing to BCL in this yr's AE, 1 word: motivation.
    - Your 4 points are already well known & nothing new. But the fact is, LD has played in less tourneys than LCW in the last yr; forget abt the 10 tourneys taken into consideration for the WR pts. And playing in less tourneys robs LD a chance to gain more pts (maybe even titles). What does that tell you abt the ranking pts between LD and LCW? That's the whole point.
    - And please, i already mentioned it's just a tease, tongue in cheek by using mentioning LD is "generous" and a "nice fellow". Oh, and tell your buddy pBm to read carefully what i wrote abt LD being "generous" and a "nice fellow". You guys need to relax and take a chill pill...:cool:

#914 ctjcad, Jun 3, 2010
  15. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach

i said thread and post and you googled me survey..... lol :eek: and plus those nasty comment :eek:

and now you want to claim #1 googler?

in fact, you can claim #1 to #10000, i will give them to you all :D

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I wasn't actually directing it at anyone, I had just quoted your "do you think it's funny" part, so that I could post this, if it caused offence then I am sorry, however what I have said is true, if you look at the biggest event in the sport, the Olympic Games, LCW was comprehensively beaten 21-12 21-8, now every player in the world were competing on this event, would have been training for this event since they took up the sport.
    And when the 27.2% of Malaysian traffic on this forum, said, LCW is going to win, as LD isn't playing well, he is off form, well LD clearly proved them wrong as usual.

Oh and I don't think you can claim LCW is the most popular player, there is more members from Malaysia do their is bound to be more threads about Malaysia players, that is common sense.

17. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    This is a quality post mate. You countered facts with facts, fiction againts fiction.

Why these people here came up with all sorts of irrelevant calculations, statistics etc... is simply because they cant find facts to prove their statements right thus you see plenty of long winded posts. I assure you if they have the numbers, they would have posted it decades ago.

In short, they were trying too hard.

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Btw, speaking of facts, this is what i found:

The number of BWF sanctioned tournaments (individual or team tourneys) played/participated between LD and LCW (from beginning of 2009 til now):
    LCW = 18 tourneys
    LD = 11 tourneys

And we all wonder why LCW has more WR pts than LD...or LD has less WR pts than LCW..

19. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    its ok we make mistakes, i try not to offend members with my posts and hope i also don't get offended!

yes what you have said most of us can see about lin dan especially his last win in the tuc10, its no new news anymore

as for lcw's popularity it was a last minute thought that i wrote in my post after seeing so many post in one of his thread along.

it was based on that i take the assumption there are more people talking about him because there are more post and thread.

then of course came the googler, protector and bodyguard of lin dan and he posted me a wrong one, a survey plus lots of nasty remarks. :D

20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

But Chris, aren't the number of tournaments irrelevant when WR points are totalled from the 10 best tournaments played in a 52 week period?