Will Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong do better without Rexy Mainaky?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Staiger1

Staiger1 Regular Member

Fashion designer
    They will be back to their best form since Olympics is round the corner , if that doesnt motivate them , then nothing will ! They are very exciting to watch on court. However, there are better MD teams in the world right now !

2. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    How does Olympic around the corner motivate them to play better if they cant even put themselves above and use their brain to think ahead of other competitors? Their Olympics in 2008 was a disaster, one of the worst performance I have ever seen, too many parties to be blamed for their defeat.
    Everyone put too much pressure on them thinking that if they have beaten most pairs, it's assumed they would have ultimate upper hand in every meeting. Malaysians were too complacent and ignorant to realise how other pairs were studying and training hard to be a complete and error-free pair throughout the game. They were eventually defeated by the best pair who studied their game well and capitalise on their surprise elements. BAM firstly to be blamed for making the pair complacent, and largely it was Koo Kien Keat's fault for acting like a d*ck starting of the year 2008 and led the pair to their own destruction. He was so conceited and arrogant to the extent, coaches like Rexy couldn't find ways to control him and get him focused, geared for the Olympics.

Four years down the line, what have they achieved ? Almost nothing to convince us they will win even a bronze unless the Top Five pairs were injured or surprisingly shocked in the first round. The lesser pairs like Taiwan could beat them in a thriller match now. I can't see any hope in this pair, even Tan Kim Her or Tang Hsienhu failed to save them even it's not too late.

3. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    it same happen to markis skido and hendra setiawan. they are tie with old strategy and old fashion MD playing style. Look what happen to mathias boe and matt mogensen, from zero to hero... i dont know what strategy they used, bcoz they can beat other player under 10 scores in straight games.

I totally agreed with Mr Maqilin7, MD nowaday is no more silly error and unforce error. From what I study the denmark player is very2 less error in their games. They played like perfect game.

#643 riffsuad, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    mistakes, complacency is the biggest killers. First thing for them to improve is the fitness of course. ;)

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    KKK/TBH failed because they think that they can win by defending

Agree... KKK/TBH failed because they think that they can win by playing with a defending match-plan.

Most of us BCers here think otherwise. We think that KKK/TBH can perform better with their attacking match-plan.

But they need to be fitter in order to carry out this plan of fast-and-furious attacking play.

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

And don't keep lifting the shuttle high up la for opponent to smash..:mad:.. They do this in most of the rally in their match..

7. extremenanopowe

gaya mesti ada, lain tapa... lol ;)

fashion is important ;). f... the rest. lol ;)

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Rashid Sidek does not want MAS Thomas Cup players to create an embarrassing chapter

Rashid Sidek is putting the pressure on LCW and KKK/TBH.

Article: http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/avoid-embarrassment-1.36196

NATIONAL singles coach Rashid Sidek does not want the Thomas Cup players to create an embarrassing chapter in Malaysian badminton by failing to survive the qualifying rounds in Macau on Feb 13-19.

It is a known fact the this year’s Thomas Cup squad is the weakest but Rashid, part of Thomas Cup-winning squad in 1992, urged the players to battle till the very end as Malaysia have never failed to qualify for the final rounds. This year’s edition will be held in Wuhan, China on May 20-27.

Rashid said badminton is the nation’s most popular sport and Malaysia’s status on the international stage must be save-guarded at all costs. Rashid said World No 1 Lee Chong Wei and men’s doubles Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong must deliver points in almost all the matches to ensure Malaysia earn the chance to play in the Thomas Cup Finals.

“We don’t have the chance to win the Thomas Cup but failing to qualify for the final round is unthinkable. The nation’s pride is at stake and the players, no matter how weak they are, must fight to earn a place in the final round,” said Rashid.

“I have a rich tradition in Thomas Cup and although we are not among the top teams anymore, that doesn’t mean we have to completely forget the importance of the event.

Failing to make the final round will put a blemish in our proud badminton history not to mention that it will tarnish our reputation globally. We have to fight all the way to avoid that.

“If Chong Wei and Kien Keat-Boon Heong win, the pressure on others will be reduced and they can contribute. I feel we can still clear the hurdle.

“Although Chong Wei’s main focus is the Olympics, he wanted to play in the qualifying rounds to help the team, so the other players must stand up and be counted.”

Hafiz hashim will be the second singles for Malaysia while the third singles slot will be a tussle between Liew Daren and Arif Latif. Goh V Shem-Lim Khim Wah are expected to start as Malaysia’s second doubles.

China, South Korea, Indonesia and Japan are expected to finish ahead of Malaysia, who may have to battle Thailand and Taiwan to earn the final qualifying spot. “Hafiz has the experience so he can contribute if he puts his mind to it. Daren is a skilful player but has struggled in team events while Arif is more steady. We will field them based on our opponents. However, Macau is not the place for them to let the team down,” added Rashid.

9. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Even if MAS qualify for this year TC finals which I don't think will happen, the inevitable will happen in the 2014 TC series when LCW retires or no longer be the player he is today. The goose is slowly being cooked. BAM is working on a damage control plan, who and what to blame on. The execution is set, no hope:D

#649 OneToughBirdie, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  10. extremenanopowe

It seems that the 'gambling' issue is pretty true and running around the institution. sad case. ;)

11. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Yeah rite...I just don't see how Malaysia team will survive the qualifying round if they have to keep the under-performers in the squad. China team is progressive, so is the Danes. Malaysia and Indonesia teams for some reason have hit the wall.

12. RyuHayabusa5985

RyuHayabusa5985 Regular Member

Everytime Koo or Tan appears on the newspaper.....Anyone noticed they seldom appear together? What the hell?

13. extremenanopowe

are they having a divorce? lol. ;)

14. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I thought, they have divorced a long time a go..:p

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

This is strange.

I was notified that Cheung has replied. But when I opened the thread, I couldn't find Cheung's post.

:confused::confused::confused:

16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Tan Boon Heong could partner Hoon Thien How for the 2012 TC qualifying rounds

Now we find that Tan Boon Heong could partner Hoon Thien How in Macau for the 2012 Thomas Cup qualifying rounds.

Source: http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/all-eyes-on-boon-heong-thien-how-1.42230

MALAYSIA'S destiny in the Thomas Cup qualifying rounds is not in the hands of Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong but the latter's possible reunion with former partner Hoon Thien How in Macau.

Kien Keat-Boon Heong are supposed to be Malaysia's first doubles but no coach will take a gamble on playing them against strong teams like South Korea or Indonesia.

Although national doubles head coach Tan Kim Her has tried his best not to reveal some of the scratch pairs he will use due to the poor form of his top pair, it is an open secret Boon Heong-Thien How, the 2004 world junior champions, are the favoured combination and the one that can steal a point from even the strongest of opposition.

Boon Heong-Thien How only partner each other in training these days but whenever they compete on the local circuit, they have gone on to become champions.

Boon Heong is always at ease partnering Thien How, who is capable of playing the role of a setter and is also effective as an attacker, and they could be the ones who compensate for Malaysia's lack of a leading first pair for the Thomas Cup campaign.

"Thien How is quite versatile and has partnered Boon Heong before and he can also play with other players. He is also quite hardworking and despite his size, can attack from the baseline," said Kim Her.

"He has almost completely recovered from his knee injury and he gives us several options. I am not going to reveal which combinations I will use as it will depend on our opponents and based on our match strategy."

Thien How is also looking forward to partnering Boon Heong and contributing a point for Malaysia.

"My condition has improved a lot and I am ready to play. If I am paired off with Boon Heong, we will go all out to win a point for the team," said Thien How.

"Although we have not played in an international tournament for years, we do partner each other in training and also on the local circuit. Our combination is so natural as we understand each other's game very well."

Boon Heong said he has no problems partnering Thien How or other back-up players like Teo Kok Siang or Goh V Shem as long as he can win Malaysia matches.

#656 chris-ccc, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  17. extremenanopowe

IMO ya. Against Korea, I still prefer kkk/tbh combo. They are not far. With a 'little' luck, they may win it. ;)

18. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

It will be KKK/TBH up against the pair they have never beaten.

19. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, they are now plays a an underdog......!!

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

And when they play as underdog, they manage to secure their 1st win against ko/yoo of south korea.