Li Ning Racket Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blurry D, May 12, 2009.

1. WingsAir

WingsAir Regular Member

University Student
    im not sure about head heavy rackets, because i used a victor thunder or something (then comes a four digit number) and it was head light, then i used a Arc 10 (even), and switch between that and the N90. Haven't used the N55 so i wouldn't know. So how about N55II? tried it yet?

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Switching between the Arc10 and N90, the N90 will feel softer because of the higher BP, the stiffness should be about the same. The Arc10 should be 'extra stiff', other 'stiff' Yonex rackets feel very soft in comparison. AT900, ArcZ for example - although the ArcZ feels really wobbly, very surprising to see so many British national level players use it...
    Anyhow, I haven't had a chance to play with the N55II, it'll not be available here for a while, and the only shop I found it at was badmintonshoponline.us. I spend enough money on badminton equipment as it is, so I didn't feel the need to order yet another racket on a hunch...

3. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

Will be waiting to hear your take on the N90 vs N55II and if possible, compare them to the arc10 and at900p as well. I'm thinking of getting the N90 and N55/N55II (leaning towards N55II cause it looks amazing) as an upgrade

4. Dokkie

Dokkie Regular Member

I should be getting my N90 tomorrow, will probably my singles racket if I can handle it :) Right now I own 2 VT70's and 2 AT900T, of which te latter 2 are my go 2 rackets. VT70 not solid enough+too flexible :(

5. abcde=D

abcde=D Regular Member

Can i know what li-ning rackets are quite good overall, probably mid-end, not the high-end racquets used by the China National Team

6. Moeny

Moeny Regular Member

Hi all!

I'm a girl and i'm playing badminton about 5 years now. I've tried Yonex and i'm now playing with a RSL racket. I haven't had a racket that suprised me and now i was looking in to Li-ning rackets. I'm an offensive type of player, most double and mixed lately, but have to play good singles too. In the single i need a good smash and a good base to base clear. What type of Li-ning racket you advise?

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Depends on what you like - I'd recommend the N50, which is modereately head-heavy, medium stiff and pretty easy to get used to.

8. Moeny

Moeny Regular Member

And why the N50? I read something about the N50II. What is the difference between both? Not that the racket is available here in the Netherlands...

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

You didn't specify what you usually play and what kind of racket/specs you're looking for, so all I can do is guess ;)

The N50 is not as head-heavy, having a BP of ~290 opposed to the N50II's 295mm. It swings faster and lighter. I don't wanna be discriminating, but girls usually prefer lighter and slightly softer rackets, hence my recommendation. The N50 and N50II are equally stiff and of similar weight, the BP being the only, but very noticeable difference.
    Other possible rackets would be the N30 (which I've never played, so I can't comment on it's playing characteristics, but it's played by quite a few women's singles players) or the N77, which has a lower BP than the N50 (swings faster and easier).
    UC2200B would also be worth a try - it's of similar stiffness as the N77, I think, but probably a bit cheaper. There should be quite a few online shops selling it, if there's not even one in the Netherlands, there are several in Germany. If you can't yourself, perhaps a friend of yours can order for you - the prices are the lowest I've come across so far and you won't even have to pay taxes as it's in the EU :)

10. Moeny

Moeny Regular Member

Thats really the thing I don't know.. i have to play single, double and mix in the competition. I like double and mix more, but have to play singles too. My strong points are the smashes and base to base clear. I'm not that good in drops. I guess the racket has to be a bit head heavy and not that stiff. I had a stiff racket, the smashes were fine, but the clear wasn't that easy in long points. The disadvantage is that i can't try the rackets before i buy one.

#610 Moeny, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Have you played with a racket you really liked before? It's very hard to determine what racket and especially what stiffness is recommendable for someone you've never seen play. I can't judge your technique or your strength which both are very important in finding a suitable racket. Which level do you play at? I don't know how badminton is organized in the Netherlands, a short explanation would be helpful ;)

12. Moeny

Moeny Regular Member

Euhm.. in the netherlands you can play regional or national. In regional competition you have 5 different lvl's. 4, 3, 2, 1 en top class. If you become champion in the top class regional you can play national. In national competition you have 5 differente lvl's too. I play top class regional. In double and mix i can handle last class national. Don't train single a lot, but if will do that, i can handle national. I had a Forza ti-40, wasn't my kind of racket. Now i have RSL Heat 9500. Better than the forza, but not amazing. At the and of a set it cost be to much power and effort to play a base to base clear.

Comparing to other female player in my class i have an advantage in power. Technique is not that bad i guess :p

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Couldn't find much on the Heat 9500, but it seems to be mid-stiff and moderately head-heavy. So, perhaps a slightly softer racket would make clears easier for you? i.e. N50/UC2200B or maybe BP300B (which is head heavy with a BP of 300mm, but was very easy for me to play with. Of course, I'm a 179lbs male, so most rackets are easy to play with - until the second set of singles^^).
    You might want to increase your endurance anyway, if you're fine with the racket, but get tired at the end of matches, perhaps you need to increase forearm and upper body strength. Increasing the (rotation) strength of your forearm helps a lot - clears get a lot easier and your endurance will increase.

I got some similar problems when I was playing with the N90 back in September/October, I changed to lighter rackets since then. I've made much progress since then and could probably play it in singles without tiring myself out too much, but now I'm comfortable with other stuff :D
    Changing to the N70 and N50II in singles really was a good choice for me. Which reminds me - you might have an interest in the N70, it's a medium flexible head-heavy racket, quite easy to play clears with. But since your problem could be caused by the head-heaviness of the racket, I'd rather recommend N50 or UC2200B. Both can withstand high tension, so when it gets too easy with those, you can always up your tension (which is what I did for the last 4 months).

14. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

hey, whats the flex on cai yun's N33? its says stiff but its really flexible lol i guess its stiffness is comparable to the arc 10 stiffness?

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I think it's softer than the Arc10, but also head heavier. Cai Yun himself uses the N70 and/or the Kason C7 (which is basically a differently painted N70).

16. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

Does that make the Kason F9 a different painted N50/N50II?

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I have no idea - but the specs are similar to the N50II. I'd guess it's very close, perhaps even near identical...

18. Xero888

Xero888 Regular Member

I guess that would be a cheaper alternative to the N50II then for those that want one.

19. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Kason rackets were used to be cheaper & reasonable.... long before Lining took over the company. Now its price isn't that much different than Lining racket.

20. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

I've bought the Li Ning N90 II recently and played with it for about 2 months for testing purposes (means not a lot). Also bought the N90 last weekend to compare. When I look at the N90 II, I noticed that a lot of grommets were split or even broken already. Anyone else experience this problem with Li Ning rackets? I would be really disappointed if they have cutting costs for grommets with such an expensive racket.