Cannot Loop or Smash. HELP!

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by wptheme, Oct 6, 2012.

1. wptheme

wptheme Regular Member

Web Designer
    Hi,
    I read some of the threads already but not sure if its the same problem.
    Cause - I can only think of two things which was too much playing badminton 4 sessions in 3 days or when I was trying to test doing the pronation smash or maybe both.

After I entered the 5th session in the 4th straight day I noticed some small pains, a bit like as though I feel slightly numb when I smashed but I continued.

When I tried playing on the 6th day I noticed that when I loop or smash I will feel as though my arms are numb and lot of needles pricking into the arm. I decided to finish two more friendly that week then rested for around 4 days but found out I still have the same difficulty though the pain receded a bit.

I tried to rest a bit more but the pain seems to not recede 100%. Will I ever get to smash again? Can anyone let me know what is this injury?

I was thinking about going to see the doctor but decided I should try to rest a bit more. I rested around ore than 1 week now but still cannot smash/lob perfectly without feeling the pain. Any ideas?

Thank you

2. dontmakeme

dontmakeme Regular Member

student
    Can you possibly tell me where it hurts in your arm? When I was learning/ using pronation it started hurting around my tricep area down to my elbow. So what I did was rest for 2-3 weeks(mainly due to exams ;P) and then started working on tricep workouts/ push ups. Though I personally think you should get someone with more experience to check such as a family doctor or badminton coach.

3. wptheme

wptheme Regular Member

Web Designer
    That is exactly what I am currently doing. I did not totally rest though but played less.
    I can now slowly do loops but there is still some pain when I am trying to do smash.

UPDATE - you describe perfectly the pain area. So did it go away after 2,3 weeks?

#3 wptheme, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    swim. jacuzzi. ;)

5. dontmakeme

dontmakeme Regular Member

student
    Yes it do go away after two to three weeks. However, my arm case might not be the same as yours. So, I still encourage you to get someone to look at your arm and someone to check your smash and... "loop".
    Also, remember to do daily stretches it might help.