Hendra & Hendri Badminton Academy

Discussion in 'Singapore Coaching' started by BCnewbie, Dec 20, 2011.

1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Yes, Still, since they are so fresh and still the top doubles player in the country, they should be sparring partners. SBA should get rid of all these political barriers. Let the sport grow. ;)

So many young players or even existing national players can benefit from their sparrings. ;)

It is a great motivation for them to beat these 2 guys. It can be an option for SBA to decide if the existing national players are up to the mark for international meets. If you can't beat these to or even come close to it, forget about playing in internationals. IMO. ;)

Note that they are still fresh. All they need is just to replicate the teaching techniques that they were taught earlier to the juniors. ;) It will be a waste of talent. ;) They can do in parallel in terms of NCAP 3 and coaching the Sports Schools.

#21 extremenanopowe, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    There's a saying. Grab it while it's still fresh. They may have forgotten something if Sports School picks them up years later. Too late. ;)

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I agree that the SBA should seriously consider the services of the two brothers in building up our badminton resources provided the brothers are agreeable. We have too small a pool of our own international players to disregard their talent and usefulness.

However, not all ex-national players may be interested to work for the SBA. Some prefer to start their own badminton schools like Ronald Susilo. Some want to be independent and gain more satisfaction from producing their own champions, hopefully.

And the SBA should encourage this as they cannot do everything themselves. The private enterprises can help to discover latent talents in some of our children who may be able to make it to the national level later.

I believe as of now being an independent coach and trying to produce ones own champions is not easy unless the coach is patient enough and has the support of the SBA, sponsors and parents. Even then a good coach can earn a good income here.

For unlike the Singapore Sports School which gets almost the cream of the local badminton talents, however barely 10 each for boys and girls annually, private independent schools or academies here have students that may come and go depending on how they fare in school and at the whims of their parents.

Recently the government has placed greater emphasis on sports and the arts in schools and hopefully this will encourage greater participation in sports, including badminton.

4. BCnewbie

BCnewbie Regular Member

Hi everyone,

Badminton training classes coached by Hendri Kurniawan Saputra & Hendra Wijaya, along with their sister Dian Permata Sari. Please call / sms 97908200 or email to hendrahendri.academy@gmail.com.

Group Training
    Monday 7-9pm at SBH - slots available for adults, beginner & intermediate levels.
    Tuesday 8-10pm at SBH - brand new class recruiting trainees.
    Friday 4-6pm at Bedok - slots available for kids, beginner level.
    Friday 8-10pm at SBH - slots available for teenagers (13-17 years old), competitive level.
    Sunday 10am-12pm at Bedok - slots available for kids, beginner level.
    Sunday 2-4pm at SBH - slots available for kids, beginner & intermediate levels.

Private Training
    Weekday training schedules are flexible, please call to arrange.
    Saturday training schedules currently are from 11am-2pm in the west coached by Hendri. For Hendra, schedules are from 11am-1pm and 6-8pm at SBH.
    Sunday training schedules are after 6pm at SBH.

Thanks,
    Tony

5. idris123

idris123 New Member

student
    1 on 1 beneficial?

6. BCnewbie

BCnewbie Regular Member

I would say a trainee learning through private training has quicker improvement comparing to one that is training in a group. But then again, it is subjected to trainees' interest and participation of the sports.

We had a student doing private training twice a week, for about 3 months but not showing improvement. Reason being he does not like badminton but was forced by his parent to take up the sport. In contrast, another trainee took up group training for a few months and he has shown great improvement. He looks forward to every classes, come early to prepare himself and train extra hard.

I hope I have cleared your doubt and most importantly, email or text me if you are interested in badminton training.

Thanks,
    Tony

7. eDEN72

eDEN72 New Member

jobless
    Where are they coaching now? Do they have any training session for kids at SBH?

8. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi Tony : I am interested in your training . Do you have any adult training?

I am 35 years old ..

9. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Several times a week, I see them coaching at the Singapore Badminton Hall (Lorong 23, Geylang).
    And, yes, they do train kids too.

As far as I know, H&H are coaching adults too.
    At least one of their adult trainees is over 50 years old.

The contact information in Tony's previous posts are still valid
    You could call or drop them an email about this.

10. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Thread Moved

By the way, this thread is being moved to the Singapore Coaching sub-forum.
    That's where it should be.

11. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Both Hendra and Hendri are nice coaches. I had benefit my training from them .. Good drills!