tan kim her and rexy issue

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Jan 24, 2010.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- For a second i thought you're a toned down Pemuda.
    Your point above basically is a re-confirmation of much of Pemuda's points.
    - Welcome (back??) to BC.

2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Clock is ticking

First of all, I want to say bagus to mafan. Bagus! Kerana berani ke hadapan.

As for Rexy, like it or not, his days are numbered in the BAM setup. Though I dont like the way how BAM conducted this TKH thing, I think should Rexy decides to pack it in or gets the sack, it is not a bad thing either.

Again, hiring TKH behind Rexy is not wrong, its unprofessional. But what do you expect from BAM when it is run by politicians, fat cats, lackeys etc?

Rexy, in the past have issued 'I want to quit' statements a couple of times. With TKH around, BAM have in place an insurance package, so should Rexy throw his toys out of his pram again, BAM will gladly walk Rexy to the main door. Or worst case scenario, Rexy will be sacked after the TC or WC. Either way, Rexy's days are numbered. You cant have two tigers up in the same hill.

Now, though I dont like the manner how BAM went about hiring TKH, I think should Rexy be no longer around, it is not an end of the world kinda thing. With Rexy gone, it may be a good thing. Sometimes a change of scenery can do wonders. With TKH being in charge, there will be a change of training methods/programs/personnel etc. An injection of new ideas may just rejuvenate our doubles badminton. Rexy have done all he can for our doubles badminton.

There is no such thing as compassion in sports management.
    Coaches/managers come and go. Hiring and firing is a normal way of life.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Rexy wants Kim Her to groom back-up doubles

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/1/29/sports/5568965&sec=sports

“The main focus for us now is to build up the back-up players and turn them into world beaters. We want these players to have quality in their game,” said Rexy.
    “Kim Her’s presence will add depth to our coaching set-up. He has the experience of training the best from England and South Korea.
    “We cannot put him (Kim Her) in the junior set-up as it would be a waste of our resources. It will be ideal for him to be with the back-up squad.”
    On Cheh Chang’s status, he said: “I will look into it. He is quite flexible. He has helped out in the elite squads for men and women. He has the knowledge and experience. He will fit in anywhere.”

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Wah, Mafan, now only I know 1 post in BC can be that long, I thought there's a maximum no of words, haha. More on TKH coming back issue & related stuff in TKH thread.
    You may also want to read Berita Harian, Utusan Msia, Harian Metro to see the 'different views' of different camps on this issue.;):D

5. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Although I don't agree with you sometimes about players, and so on...
    About the BAM, my whole heart is with you. :eek:

6. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I think BAM is doing a sh1t job... look at our local league... it is almost non-existant!

non-badminton powerhouse like USA, Japan & UK has better local setup than us...

BAM is lucky that Malaysia has so many passionate badders!

7. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    after reading mafan looooooong post there is a question to ask - what trigger bam to hire tkh?

1/ is rexy performance just barely enough hence a warning of some sort?
    2/ is there any thread from the english opponents (if not present, the future)?
    3/ ??

i know a lot of posts here make sense but it's more to one side ...we just never know the real reason why.. we only hear from the other side through the press statement.

bam's gm doesn't make the decision alone to bring tkh into malaysia, can he do it alone? i don't know and if he has that kind of power i leave it all to you bcers to figure it out.

i sure goh must have figure it out what would happen if he confirm tkh first then inform rm or vice versa or he was not acting alone on the decision.

i am not sure what would happen but one can only assume it's going to be difficult for rm, tkh and goh!

guess before that happen, as usual we, bcer just love to speculate....

8. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    i do agree with you..most of it but not all:D

9. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Which part you dont agree? I would like to get your views since I understand you are a badminton coach. :)

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Let us look at this from a more objective side. Coaches are hired and fired on their contributions in the form of silverware their charges can bring in. They are praised and even given "special rights", ala permanent citizenship, when a big trophy is brought back. Rightly, they should also be fired for repeated failures to repeat that first success. This is called professionalism. Professionalism and emotional attachments are deadly brothers and cannot live together. BAM must do what it must do. It is the right of the boss (management) to hire, warn, reprimand, or fire coaches. Take this right away because of emotonal and moral reasons, then no one is left in charge. Where is the boss?
    Perhaps BAM is starting to learn more about the English Premier League and the way coaches are hired and fired based strictly on performance. You cannot live on past glories. You must be a true professional in your management approach.

11. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach

here you are right and wrong (in my opinion!) - you can't say it's unprofessional, maybe use some other words because we just don't know the reasons behind that, hire tkh and inform rm.... (read my earlier post!)

also if i were you i would not address them as politicians,..... this i minus you points when i read it!:D:D

12. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    true..very true, we learn day by day and use what's is right and there must always be a plan b..:D

if strictly on performance and firing coaches or even players too fast bam may end up with the management team participating tc2010....for a start

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Thanks for the feedback. In my opinion, hiring and firing is not something new but in TKH's case, I believe it should have been conducted in a more professional manner. Rexy is the head coach. If BAM wants to rope in TKH, at least run it thru with Rexy first. If BAM wants to get rid of Rexy, then tell the man upfront.

14. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    ya, if we know their reason, then we can say whether it's unprofessional or not..there could be something 'terrible' (am just speculating) and rm knowing it, is using his outburst to save his position, we just never know all....do we?:D

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I agree totally. It is not personal attack towards any individual. It is the organisation itself as well and communication within it. BAM should be VERY CLEAR what they want and should also address respective issues.

Rexy technically should not rant on why BAM hire Kim Her. First of all he has no position to do so coz Rexy is BAM employee and BAM can hire and fire anyone. Not nessesary have to announce it to everyone. But then there is alot of things happening behind that you guys dont know.
    But "off the record" i will just inform Rexy if im the boss.

Personally i believe BAM dont know what they really want. They dont have Clear Cut directions. Everyone inside is trying to be boss.. when there is too many boss will spoil the broth. Changing of people will not do any good. Each of them have to understand their own roles etc...

16. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    anybody here knows how much rexy is been paid and tkh will be paid?

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    IMO, if Rexy is the head coach, BAM should inform or consult him that they will be hiring TKH and be told what is the reason. Is it because the results are unsatisfactory or short of manpower? And what is TKH's capacity? Whether he is placed under Rexy's charge. All in all, BAM just screwed up and is not a responsible employer.

18. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    you have a point here but you should read earlier posts too..and as for your remarks on bam (in bold) lol:D

19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Btw, it was not Kenny Goh's decision, I dont think he has the power.
    It was Ganga Rao : http://www.bharian.com.my/Current_News/BH/Tuesday/Sukan/20100209054719/Article

FYI, Berita Harian is in the camp that's against Ganga's decision to hire TKH/support Rexy. It's not about Rexy or TKH's ability but the inside people playing politics.;)

Yesterday's BH reported that TKH's salary could be RM200,000 a year, Ganga denied it's that high. In 2006 news reports, TKH's salary in Korea was reported to be USD$5,000, England supposed paid higher than Korea.

When it comes to making the news juicy, you should read malay language press, for this issue - BH & Harian Metro:p:p

#39 eaglehelang, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  20. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    The salary for Kim Her is lower.. but the incentives is better.