Yonex BWF World Badminton Championships 2011 apparel (JP)

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by aramistuscany, Mar 25, 2011.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Till the World Championships :D ...

2. Rocker

Rocker Regular Member

Students
    I think Yonex need to hire new designer....

3. druss

druss Regular Member

Seriously?? It gives all the information on the product page but... they don't arrive until June/July...

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yep,

Preorder end :  4月4日 Apr 4
    Due in stock 7月下旬 Late July

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Yikes!! What is Yonex coming to? The men's shirts look like mummy wrappings gone wrong. And the women's tops are decidedly uninspiring. Is it safe to say the Yonex apparel design department has hit rock bottom?

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Ladies and Gentlemen, Yonex Japan presents to you our most disgusting range of badminton apparel ever.....

Our new range of poorly designed clothes will be available for you to laugh at shortly... Feel free to pre order now, so that you can be the first to be laughed at by your entire club. For a limited time only these shirts come with special glasses, so that everyone else at your club doesn't feel sick when playing against you.

------------

Seriously these are the worst designed shirts I have ever seen. If I was to go outside of my house dressed like that, I can guarentee you that after 15 minutes, I would have had about 100 people laugh and snigger at me.

If they look like the sketches, I think I will just rip up my ticket to the WC this year, I don't want to carry a sick bag with me all the time. (either that of hope all YY players get knocked out in first round)

Maybe the people who used to design the shirts, were LD and LYD:p hence why Victor and Li Ning shirts are still good. Tago, Taufik, LCW and Gade obviously aren't good designers and should stick to playing badminton :p

#26 LD rules!, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  7. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    If these are the worst designs you've ever seen, then you need glasses. :p

Personally, not a fan of matching shorts, but the designs are eye-catching, modern (Cyan! yes!), and tres sexy. I'd be all over them if they came in XO size.

Only thing I don't really like or understand is why the tanks and the tees don't have the same neckline.

Better picture here:

[​IMG]

#27 Maklike Tier, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Picture is probably too big and isn't it the same as page 1? The t-shirts are most likely the souvenir/fan t-shirts, a cheaper replica ...
    And ofcourse those who have trouble picturing the thing irl will only see a sketch with washed out colours ;).

Looks like they edited the pic, either because the pre-sale had finished already or because of all the hotlinking :D.

#28 demolidor, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  9. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I saw these designs in Yonex suite at All Englands. When I was asked what I thought of the designs I responded with silence.

Later i commented that these are the worst designs I've ever seen from Yonex and that they really need to re-think their whole design approach.

Over the last three years Yonex design has been off the mark on too many occasions. There have one or two good designs but generally the clothing is too similar to previous years. They really need to consider a complete re-think. Years ago Yonex easily had the best designs. Now, I think Victor and Li Ning are providing better clothing.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

10. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Dear lord - have Yonex hired a cubist painter or something?!? Those tank tops look like a screengrab from an artifacting graphics card.

The 9900 LTDs really do look better when viewed close up - I remember panning the stock 9900 (and calling it a Halloween special), but I still bought one:D.

The shoes, though... the shoes... they must have been drawn in the dark. To go from the lovely 99LTD and 101LTD (red) to these...

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Wondering if you are aware of these designs at all or just the ones the UK get/the international line as opposed to all these for the Japanese market and which of these do you fancy? http://shuttle-house.com/new-cgi/product_list3.php?ko=16&mk=YONEX\ (note that most if not all come in several colours, just click on one to get more details/pics)
    Must say that this 2011 lineup was slightly disappointing to me as there are hardly any outrageous ones in there but that shouldn't be a problem for you :D.

#31 demolidor, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  12. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I actually saw the designs on dummies. They will not be available for sale in UK unless Yonex suddenly changes direction and brings them into UK to sell at World Champs. Whilst I didn't see all the range, I did see a complete kit in each colourway. I still feel they are a complete disaster and Yonex needs to re-think it's design approach if it wishes to be taken seriously.

Having talked to a number of manufacturers, the UK badminton clothing market is very small. In many leagues there is no dress code and therefore players can play in almost anything they like. They could purchase the cheapest t-shirt and tracksuit bottoms and play league matches without anybody saying a word. Our standards are falling quickly and nobody seems to be able to stop it in some leagues. Very sad.

This line of clothing doesn't exactly help neither. I can't believe how poor it is.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Actually I meant the ones in the link to shuttle-house, not these WC ones [​IMG]. Vice versa Japan doesn't get the models released internationally but I'm sure they won't lose a night's sleep over it :D.

Good thing we only have one main league setup here regulated by the national association with a dress code :cool:.

#33 demolidor, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  14. nooniez

nooniez Regular Member

Student
    Guys, this is what I got today. The design aren't that bad at all for the real thing.

123.jpg 1234.jpg

15. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

That looks really cool I want to buy the Taufik Hidayat shirt and shorts

16. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

As I guessed, the actual shirts look much better than the poor sketches but have to say the designs are uninspiring. However, I wouldn't mind wearing them myself.

17. Izaddin

Izaddin Regular Member

got mine few days ago..good quality for the price

18. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    yup. they are going for a battle man. camouflaging...? lol. ;)

19. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

LCW wearing the sleeveless version of the YY 2011 World Championships wear. New main sponsor Maybank replacing Proton.

Taufik wore his red version also. Expect to see Peter Gade with the white version later in his match.

Attached Files:

20. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I like LCWs shirt.. the rest of the yy designs for 2011 WC are ugly imop..