Pullela Gopichand

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by Eurasian =--(O), Jun 29, 2005.

1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I dont think he will do like that. He has dedicated his life to badminton. May be some misunderstanding between two. Or any politics played from the sides of the sawant??? No idea. I defintely know that he is very strict in teaching , i mean it is necessary for the good learning process. He is a good guru who wants young buddies to grow. Only from one student, the problem arises. Why not from others?.. Speculation raises doubts here. So, the problem must have had arised from sawant. Not from gopichand.. I hope so.

2. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I've seen lot of players accused coaches of favouritism and usually coaches will focus more on players who they think are more talented and less talented players feel neglected but the problem is that less talented players don't think they are less talented.

3. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    GOPICHAND MUM ON PRAJAKTA'S ISSUE

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...um-on-Prajakta-issue/articleshow/17152187.cms

4. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    BAI, SAI will take a call on Prajakta matter: Gopichand

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...kta-matter-Gopichand/articleshow/17143387.cms

#24 depleter, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  5. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    Jwala Gutta adds to Prajakta fire

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/more-sports/badminton/Jwala-Gutta-adds-to-Prajakta-fire/articleshow/17149341.cms

#25 depleter, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  6. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    Huh!As all this drama unfolds the only thing I can think is...

[​IMG]

7. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    Few years ago it was the association which caused the chaos in Indian Badminton now the players themselves trying to rip the sport apart in India that too at a moment when the sport is beginning to spread its wings. What a shame. It is debatable if Gopi is biased or not because his decisions when viewed from certain angles give different shades. But there is no doubt what so ever that decisions taken by him are always in the best interest of the sport's future in India and player's career. People like Jwala, Chetan, Anup and now Prajakta have always been vocal that they were being ignored and hold grudge against him, which is true in a certain way. In actuality they were never game for the kind of commitment that was warranted of them to champion this sport. So they themselves moved away since they couldnt keep up with the pace and since they were past their prime and age where changes to their game was not possible which is why Gopi shifted his focus to younger generation. But in the case of Prajkta, she is on the path of self destruction and in fact she has already has done an irreparable damage by moving to the court. God help her career now unless she finds some one like Gopi. But first she needs some counselling as this is not her first time blaming others.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ng-for-others-faults/articleshow/17162485.cms

"Ashwini picked up Pradnya Gadre, who until then was partnering Prajakta. Pradnya too seemed happy with this development as Prajakta and her father had apparently accused her partners - Pradnya in doubles and Pranav Chopra in mixed - of not performing well which was hurting Prajakta's game. A miffed Prajakta then left for Mumbai without informing anyone and, in fact, shot off a mail to Gopichand that he was harassing her and she may be forced to commit suicide because of his actions.Stung by the accusation, Gopichand informed BAI and asked them to intervene. He also insisted that unless she withdraws the email and apologises, BAI should not allow her to join the camp. Gopi was also worried that if something untoward happens at the camp he would be held accountable.Sources reveal that this is not the first time that Prajatka has accused someone of bias. A few years back, a Mumbai referee was summoned by the police after Prajakta filed a case against him."

Coming to power resting in one person is never a good sign and Gopi cant escape this ugly truth no matter how good or capable he is. Nobody really knows if he is really dictating everything for own interest which I highly doubt. Because he himself was once a victim of biased treatment and jeered upon, by many a pescimists and backtrackers that plague this sport in India, for his courageous, innovative and adventurous approach toward the sport during his playing days. Seems like history is repeating itself. Now he is being criticized for being partial to certain players of certain regions. What a BS.

Having said that I dont like to see one person holding the helm for too long. People change over time. So people in power also need to change. We a need a successor to augment Gopi's achievements just like we need one for Saina.

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Is Gopichand paying for others' faults?

TNN | Nov 10, 2012, 12.41AM IST
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ng-for-others-faults/articleshow/17162485.cms

HYDERABAD: Is the chief national badminton coach Pullela Gopichand being made to pay for a clutch of decisions taken not by him, but some players and the Badminton Association of India?

Gopi has been accused by Mumbai-based shuttler Prajakta Sawant of not giving her preferred doubles partner, when in reality the decision was taken by other players and not the chief coach. For instance, when Ashwini Ponnappa was left without a partner after Jwala Gutta decided to take a sabbatical, the Karnataka player was given the right to choose her partner, given her stature as a Commonwealth Games gold medal winner and a bronze medalist at the Worlds. Ashwini picked up Pradnya Gadre, who until then was partnering Prajakta.

Pradnya too seemed happy with this development as Prajakta and her father had apparently accused her partners - Pradnya in doubles and Pranav Chopra in mixed - of not performing well which was hurting Prajakta's game. A miffed Prajakta then left for Mumbai without informing anyone and, in fact, shot off a mail to Gopichand that he was harassing her and she may be forced to commit suicide because of his actions.

Stung by the accusation, Gopichand informed BAI and asked them to intervene. He also insisted that unless she withdraws the email and apologises, BAI should not allow her to join the camp. Gopi was also worried that if something untoward happens at the camp he would be held accountable.

Consequently, BAI appointed a one-man committee (Pradeep Gandhe) to investigate the issue. However, Prajakta was unhappy even with that. She claimed that Gandhe will not do justice to her since he's close to Pradnya's father. In his report, Gandhe is learnt to have observed that the matter can be solved amicably if Prajakta withdraws the email and apologises to Gopichand. But even before BAI could act, Prajatka's family moved the Bombay High Court which allowed the shuttler to attend the camp.

Sources reveal that this is not the first time that Prajatka has accused someone of bias. A few years back, a Mumbai referee was summoned by the police after Prajakta filed a case against him.

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Only by now, badminton has just started to grow in our country. That too with the help of Gopi's involvement to this sport. I have one doubt regarding the truthfullness of each and every person in the academy. Because for a teacher, each and every person will be same in his/her eyes. But according to a WEAK student, he will always think as if teacher is always favouring BRIGHT students. This is a simple psychology. I think she is not used to the condition since her childhood from her schooling . Thats why she is playing this cheap politics. I never consider jwala's statements. Always she will say something unnecessarily in order to gain the media's attention. According to me, gopi is the best coach in india. If he got eliminated from the BAI, definitely badminton will go back and we cant expect anything here. And after doing all these politics, how come she will be able to join the academy again. I dont understand. If you are blaming a teacher moving to court and gaining a step in that does not mean you won it. Only after this, you are going face a real battle. How will you face gopi now?. Whoever may be, he has his own self respect. How will he teach you with all the blaming and all the steps you have taken against him?, Definitely, this will affect you in your career. I pity her.

10. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    yupp!How will a man teach you if he was accused of sexual harrasement by you??

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Or a teacher will focus more on those who work hard and put the effort in.

This Indian girl has the right to withdraw from Gopichand's training. It's not the first time. Ajay also found a different coach of his own accord.

12. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    Yep! Just like Gopi who quit Prakash Padukone's academy during his playing days, Ajay did the same. But at least they didnt make a fuss like Prajakta. They didnt like it so they moved away.

13. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Excuse me... He did not give any sexual harassment?. These whole dram was all about paying attention to players !!!!.. Not about sexual harassment... Lol.

14. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    Yes,But isn't it what she quoted in the email..

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Why not an Olympic medal winner from Lucknow: Gopichand

Iti Shree Misra,TNN | Jan 24, 2014

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/badminton/Why-not-an-Olympic-medal-winner-from-Lucknow-Gopichand/articleshow/29258961.cms

Excerpts:

..."I lost my baggage! I only have the clothes that I am wearing right now with me. We took a flight from Hyderabad to Mumbai and then Lucknow and somewhere en route, my bags got misplaced,"...

Thankfully, this isn't Gopichand's first visit to Lucknow. In fact, he has been a fairly regular visitor to the city, for badminton tournaments. "Considering that our association's ( Badminton Association of India
    ) president and secretary are from Lucknow, they are gracious enough to invite me whenever a major tournament takes place here and which, to my delight, is fairly often. I love the kebabs here," says Gopichand, even as he asks for good non-veg eateries in the city.

16. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional