Nanogy 99 vs. Zymax 67

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Jarda, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Jarda

Jarda Regular Member

Hi. Do somebody have experience with both strings? Mainly with parameters Shock Absorption, Feeling and Control. I have experience with NBG 99 (good) and BG 65 Ti (worse) on my racket (Flexible) and I want try something new. But I am not sure, that is good idea :) And I haven't any information about Zymax 67. I am using tension only 22-23 lb because I have problematic wrist and elbow after bicycle accident.
    Thank you for recommendation.

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

nbg99 is more similar to zm65 in my experience. zm67 is a generally bit more muted than 65

3. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

The controls are similar (esp at the net, if you see the textures on both), but I can't really offer any other information because i have only strung with nbg99

4. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    NBG99 will last longer than ZY67 for sure. I'm currently using NBG99 and love it for the control. ZY series is good but don't last that long for the size they are.

5. Jarda

Jarda Regular Member

And do you have some experience with Microlegend XL? It's quite thick, but it seems to be interesting. I was thinking about NBG 98, too. But I read information here, that this string is quite slippery...

6. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Never got the chance to try ML XL but stay away from NBG98 unless you don't need any control.

7. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I have to say NBG99 is one of the most understated strings around. It feels dull the first moment you try it, but after a few games, when it has loosened up a little it is fantastic. Easily the best all-rounder in my book. It has everything, excellent control, great feel, good power and durability and tension hold is good too (after initial settling in period). I used ZM67 before and it doesn't compare. ZM67 has a very dull feel throughout it's life and although it be better in tension hold, I simply can't get any feel from it. Power is reasonable though but nothing to write home about.

8. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

In my experience, Ashaway strings feel duller and sound dead as compared to other brands. One thing nice about Ashaway strings is that they hold the tension well despite hitting very hard.

Back to the topic...

Nanogy 99 feels very similar to Zymax 67 for the first few games you play with it. Subsequently, Nanogy 99 will feel much more livlier.

Both strings are great with control and shock absorption.

As for Microlegend XL, it's a thick string. It's also slippery. Doesn't seem to absorb shock as well as Zymax, but does well in the area of control. Feeling wise, it's as dull as the Zymax strings.

You could give Ashaway a try to see if you like it though. Personally, I haven't met any who like Ashaway strings besides me in the groups I join.