Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Family life, perhaps?
    If that's the reason, I'll tell you about a man. He's once our pride, having won OG gold 4 years ago. Now, he's married, has a beautiful daughter, yet he's still in the national team.
    Ever since his glorious victory in 2004 OG, he's been enduring defeat after defeat. There are so many defeat that I can't recall when was his last title, but some of our die-hard fans keep telling themselves that he still has the same strength and spirit he once had when he's on the top of the world. And that when he's in big events, he'll awake from his "sleep," go all the way to the final, and finally emerge as champion.

Do you know who he is?:p

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Not true..

..i inquired about this in one of the 2008 Thomas & Uber Cup threads and our Hau-ge confirmed that it's not true..:cool:

3. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Metro TV is mistaken...

So far, no such thing! :p

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

krisna, juz came back from the stadium?:p

5. flikflak

flikflak Regular Member

I agree, the main reason is probably around family life and business matter.

Coaching is second to the last thing Susi would do. Moreover, such career may begin ANY time when she's ready. It's like a trump card.

And the player you mentioned is a MALE(!) and his situation is very different from Susi and Alan after retirement.

6. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Taufik Hidayat..:cool:

7. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Ok guys I'd tell u something that'd be blow our mind away....one thing team INA lack is discipline...ya disicipline...lets compare...Taufik Hidayat talent wise is the best in the world better than Lin dan, Lee Chong Wei and Peter Gade...this is true indeed...His downfall is discipline Lin Dan has the attitude....and he is lucky because the Chinese team enforce discipline on their players....Come on lets not hide it we know Taufik Hidayat is on drugs and he smokes this is true....from time to time him and Sigit would sneak out of Pelatnas to join the stupid INA celebs for a party.....this is why he is where he is now...He is not asleep...he just chose not to wake up...He is asleep in his glamorous life now....so wat we need to do???

1) Start from scratch again is not too late.....Sutiyoso must go...he is the dumbest man alive....(wanna run for presidency?? Come on he screwed up badminton and Jakarta)
    2) Sony, Luluk-Alven, Hendra-Joko should go....start from scratch by putting Simon as first singles....while you can break up Luluk-Alven and let them pair up with younger players like Luluk-Rian Sukmawan and Alven can go with Yoke or something.....we won't have good results with this kind of pairing believe me but is true that this pairing would help Rian-Yoke develop cos they are going to be helped by their seniors....Look at Lee Yong Dae...he started out pairing Ha Taek Won...he is here now bcause Ha Taek Won guided him well as his junior same thing Luvent can't win anything anymore its impossible so they can take up new role of indirect coaching...
    3) Start looking for talent...I have been saying this millions of time....Sutiyoso's management is more to promoting short term success than long term goals....Taufik seems to be the golden boy...throw him out and enforce discipline....champions can be made...China proved this to us and we too can make Champions

If all those are enforced then we have a starting framework true our players best achievement in Superseries would only be quarterfinal or even 2nd round but Roman empire is not built in a day so face it and get on with it...start from scratch kick Sony out...Joko-Hendra they are nice guys but they must go....Luluk-ALven split and get younger partners..That Taufik must go cos he is now nothing but a celebrity show off with nothing else to offer no offence to him.....Sutiyoso??? Doesn't love badminton he only cares about corruptions. Lius Pongoh should also go...come on he is a stressful guy...he is a bit mental and u dun let ppl who deserved to be in mental hospital involve in PBSI.........Lastly promote badminton nationwide...wat on earth with football?? those are ******** we are not going to benefit cos clearly we have no chance of competing even at Asian level so just badminton badminton and badminton........:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:....My heart is broken looking at team INA we have to restore national pride and start all fresh..thats the way to move forward

8. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    wow, that was a mouthful ...tapi bener man ngomongan loe!gw setuju!:D
    what he said is true, sutiyoso even claimed that he should be replaced by a person who truly loves badminton and who has a deeper pocket to dig...
    taufik has nothing else to prove giving he's won everything there is to be won (except the all england title), in other words he's lazy. other ina md's are not capable of improving further....so why not start fresh?and postpone winning titles, whilst concentrating on solid regeneration, right?

9. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Yap dats true...promote long term rather than short term....those business man just dun let them be chairman of PBSI...let badminton ppl do the job...they can just chill and relax and put money

10. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

INA's women's team future

reading news about XXF's comments following her win against Maria...she commented that Maria was playing at a differnet level from her. This led to me to question:
    (1) Will INA's current batch of WS (Maria, Firda, Pia, etc.) ever join the world elites i.e. by breaking into the top 10?
    (2) Was the runner-up result a fluke, or will it signal INA's women's team revival from 10 years of malaise??

Any thoughts?

11. flikflak

flikflak Regular Member

1. Pia Zebaidah has a big potential to be a top player. Her style is lovely to watch. Susi said Pia had similar style to Mia Audina and she's smart. I also feel the same.

But I'm not sure about Maria Kristin and Firda. They have been around in badminton quite long I guess? Firda does have the spirit but I'm not sure if she had enough panache needed to be a top player.

2. The result might be just a fluke, but I see it show some signs of revival, particularly in doubles and a girl named Pia.

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I think Lilyana Natsir is cute and Gracie Polli has a great sense of character.

13. flikflak

flikflak Regular Member

Greysia Polii, where's she from? her surname is interesting and cute indeed.

I think Deyana Lomban (already retired) had the most pleasant looking face. Not necessarily cute, but it's pleasant to look at, like Gao Ling from China. Where's Deyana now?

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

My 2 sen rupiahs..

..my opinion:
    1. I highly doubt it, given Maria and Firda have been around long enough, yet they've failed to produce anything major. Pia, still can, because she's still relatively young. This is key: Granted also she's given more chances to compete internationally>>>U.S. Open??*wink* *wink*:cool:
    (2008 UC related)2. I think it's not really a fluke eventhough they were drawn into a fairly favorable draw. All they needed, which i've posted before the start of this tourney, was to win their group and they have a good shot of reaching the Final. They were a bit fortunate, IMO, as they didn't have to play vs. the Dutch; i would imagine they could've lost against the NED. On the other hand, Japan losing all of their ties was, IMO, quite surprising. So, at the end, JPN did the INA's UC team a favor.
    ..looks like Pemuda has been eyeing these 2 gals, eh??...;)

Hmm, from d65up2's post #187, looks like BAM and PBSI are in the same boat.:p

#194 ctjcad, May 17, 2008
    Last edited: May 17, 2008
  15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Great news then! At least there is another organization to keep BAM company. ;)

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Surely, a few players must go (Taufik Hidayat for sure) and some regrouping is needed. However, I don't think it's all doom and gloom.

We have some upcoming talents in MD who will perhaps rise up the ranking tables given the time and of course competion. We also have some clubs starting to realise the importance of grooming up young players who will hopefully join the National Team later on.

So, let's see what those clubs will be doing in the near future. One thing for sure though, Djarum is more proactive than before in sending both the senior and junior squads to international competitions :)

17. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

I think I have to agree that the sooner TH goes, the better for the whole squad. His lack of discipline is a bad example for young upcoming youngsters, and blocks regeneration in Pelatnas. Anyhow, why does TH feel the need to stick for another 1-2 more years if he's not winning anything anymore? (or is he really still chasing for AE??) He should retire after OG...damage limitation.

18. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Taufik Hidayat is a curse and a blessing to INA badminton....a blessing because it showed that INA do have amazing talent like him...a curse because he promotes undisciplined attitude....taking ecstassy??? Come on wat an attitude lets see wat LYB will do if Lin Dan do this....he would ask Lin Dan not to come to training ever again

Taufik sadar donk malu maluin kamu!

19. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Isn't he going to retire after OG?
    If so, our wish will come true.
    But who'll be INA MS 3 & 4?

20. Ali_king

Ali_king Regular Member

Did he really take ecstasy... Mama Miaa:eek: