Peter GADE

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. alanSS

alanSS Regular Member

european definately do not lack talent but there is lack of interest....
    i wonder when can we see a black player in the international sceens some day.. ;)

2. zhijunster

zhijunster New Member

3. gero_taufik

gero_taufik Regular Member

I think Peter Gade ist one very good player.He wins too much tournaments and I think him best win is vs Lin Dan in China Masters.Now.I think the best
    result for Peter is his children.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Never is "too many". :p

I love PG, but I hope he does get a shot at the "big title" (e.g. Olympics, WC and TC - unlikely :cool: ) before retirement.

5. virtualkidneys!

virtualkidneys! Regular Member

he have the 2008 season in him left as most danish players tend to stay on for quite a while in there 30s and he is still managing to win things which proves he is a great player.

6. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    He is a excellent player. Good skills and good fitness for his age :p
    He came back very well after the injury :) Thumbs up for him :D :p

OG08 in Beijing? :confused: Hope he can stay for that long :) ;)

7. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

well, it's only about 18 months away, isn't it?
    whether he can win it, well, it really depends whether he gets sick on the flight over to beijing!
    :D

8. asphyxiate

asphyxiate Regular Member

Agreed! :D Anyway he only just turned 30.. Jonassen is older than him and still playing quite well, PG should definitely try for the Olympics!

9. emmsfan

emmsfan Regular Member

Student
    Hope he'll get the gold medal!!! Life's looking quite good for him now if you take away his health probs, and that didn't stop him from getting the MO 2007 title.

10. cesc fabrigas

cesc fabrigas Regular Member

Siapa Tertarik Peter Gade?

[SIZE=-1]Sebuah tawaran menarik sudah dilontarkan Peter Gade. Pemain peringkat kelima dunia asal Denmark ini bersedia dipinang klub peserta Djarum Superliga Badminton 2007, yang bakal bergulir bulan depan. Selain dia, siapa lagi yang berminat tampil?

[​IMG]
    [FONT=verdana,geneva,helvetica]Peter Gade, siap tampil di ajang Superliga Badminton.[/FONT]
    “Kita telah mengirimkan surat undangan ke banyak federasi bulutangkis dunia. Sambutan paling antusias justru datang dari Denmark,” sebut Direktur Superliga Badminton, Jacob Rusdianto.

Selain juara All England 1999 itu, beberapa pemain top Denmark pun bersedia tampil di hajatan yang baru pertama kali dihelat di Tanah Air itu. Nama-nama seperti Kenneth Jonassen, Anders Boesen, atau Kasper Oedum pun sudi berpartisipasi.

Berbeda dengan Asosiasi Bulutangkis Denmark, yang telah memberikan kebebasan bagi pemainnya untuk unjuk kebolehan di Indonesia, Cina justru sebaliknya. Asosiasi bulutangkis Negeri Tirai Bambu itu melarang pemain yang berada di 100 besar dunia tampil di liga bulutangkis.

Untuk menggaungkan Superliga Badminton, setiap klub diperbolehkan menggunakan dua pemain asing. Kehadiran mereka diharapkan bisa menjadi salah satu daya tarik liga. “Kehadiran pemain asing pasti akan meningkatkan kualitas liga dan menjadi tontotan menarik,” tambah Jacob.

Kesediaan Peter Gade dkk. itu pun disambut baik. Beberapa klub sudah mulai mengadakan pendekatan, meskipun pemain Denmark itu mematok uang tampil sekitar 6.000 euro atau sekitar Rp 70 juta.
    [/SIZE]

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Thanks again for the article..^^

...cesc_fabrigas:) ...It seems like the INA Badminton Superleague are going after the recent retirees or veteran players, incl. PGade....now, can anyone help us with the translation(ie. indra, babonimut, DoublesPlayer, Krisna or others)-thanks in advance!-;):cool

12. cynthia

cynthia Regular Member

student
    yes, i read the news about this in the newspaper. and it is maybe surprise, because the rumours said that we could see chinese players play in the liga. but maybe it is won't be happen now, since the federation did not allow and maybe they have their consideration for their players.

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

That was a close shave last night for Gade vs. Chen Long, esp. in the 3rd game. I guess Gade's experience pulled him through. Unfortunately, barring any injury, i feel Dato LCW is gonna bring home the title.

15. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    5th consecutive semi-finals @ Super Series in 2010

Peter started the year 2010 with a runner-up to Lee Chong Wei @ Korea Open. It was then followed by 4 consecutive semi-finals appearances @ Super Series (Malaysia, All England, Swiss and now Singapore). This is really something to be proud of considering his age.

Well done, Peter. Wish you all the best against Boonsak tomorrow!

16. naistav

naistav Regular Member

A very good role model indeed.

17. smashwide

smashwide Regular Member

Busybody
    Peter Gade is a hardworking player and despite ageing, he still can play good badminton
    and beat some young and good players. I don't think Lin Dan can be as good as Peter Gade
    when he reach 30+.....Salute Peter Gade

18. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Peter Hoeg Gade at 34 years of age has beaten his opponent Boonsak Ponsana, 6 years his junior, in the 2010 Copenhagen Masters MS final match, 21-11, 21-12 in 35 minutes.

PHG is one of the most enduring badminton singles players and has stood 10 times on top of the rostrum with regards to this tournament. This is his 11 final appearance in the said tournament and it is indeed a world record.

I wonder whether LD and LCW would still be competitive past 30 years of age and that is not too long in coming. LCW will be 29 and LD 28 years of age in October 2011.

:D:D:D:D:D

19. coolcut55

coolcut55 Regular Member

True Love

Peter Gade has true love for the game. While having a wife and 2 kids I've never heard of him talking about retirement from professional badminton, like LD.

He is 34 and still consistently making it to the quarter finals of every tournament he attended this year and won the European Championships. When I watch him play with LCW and LD you can tell they still take him seriously. Peter Gade is awesome to watch with his attacking style.

20. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Didn't PG stated that he was going to retire after the WC in Paris.........not that I am complaning.