Panda Power: A Racket That Can Take 40lbs. String Tension!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by DinkAlot, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Extra Yellow TPro for sale NEW

I've lost all contact with a buyer who wanted a yellow TPro that I kept for him, so I think I'll put it up for public sale. Spec is 86.7/293 (like a 3U Arcsaber, IOW) and the thing is brand new with the handle still wrapped. Price £80 + delivery and stringing (if needed).

(Original customer, if he's still out there - I can't for the life of remember his u/n or email address - feel free to get back in touch!)

M.

#5341 Mark A, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  2. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Mark,

I seem to keep picking up your 'extra'! just too lazy to order, wait and wait...
    Yes, I'm interested. If you want to give the original buyer a couple of days more i'm fine with it.

btw, what else are in your inventory?

3. amleto

amleto Regular Member

t-pro :D

white string/unstrung are 286/86
    bg80 is 285/86

black string is ~ 300/86

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Courtesy of Dink / Mark A

I'm yet to play with my any of my new ones though :(

4. amleto

amleto Regular Member

I noticed that shaft is a little longer on the gold ones.

5. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

If it is by 0.5mm longer then it would mean that it is of the same shaft length as the Ti10, which the Trinity models are based off on. Which is a good thing :)

6. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    No, it's not that much.
    According to my measurements, the handle lengths are as follows:

UPro - 198mm
    P1 & U2 - 200mm
    U1 & T1 & T2 - 204mm
    TPro (gold) - 207mm
    TPro (yellow) - 210mm

Obviously the shorter the handle, the longer the shaft (bear in mind the Ultra series frames are about 1mm longer than the others).
    The TPro handles do feel a bit long for my small hands, but it doesn't affect performance (honestly, I think Yonex are talking rubbish when they claim that a marginally longer shaft is going to have any significant effect on power).

Anyway, a quick comparison of the new and old TPros:
    (in case you're wondering, no the shaft is not tapered - my camera just distorts things quite a lot in macro mode)

newTPro1.jpg newTPro2.jpg newTPro3.jpg newTPro4.jpg

7. what07

what07 Regular Member

Just bumping this thread up with a question to master panda :D May I know what you are currently working on? New racket? Bag? T SHIRTS! ? :D

8. Ramcov

Ramcov Regular Member

Student
    Trinity Pro Review

Just took out the new racket from Mark A for an hours test and ... Here is the review.

Balance: 292mm and weight: 84g (not sure what U) but over gripped with Karakal PU Super.
    I would say I'm probably around intermediate level. Test was with feather shuttle. Doubles games.

The only other racket I used before was LN UC2100 so I can only compare to that, really :/.

Clears required much less effort than with the LN. Didn't get to clear a lot in doubles though. I could send them higher without worry of them being shorter.

Smashes- one of the largest differences. Compared with the LN even balance this seem to be able to hit with so much more pooowwweeerrr. I'm usually quite a weak smasher and sometimes my smashes get driven back :eek: The slightly extra weight in the head did make a difference. this my smashes were steep and solid. And felt faster. Honestly the racket just 'felt' good to hit with. Most of my smashes are stick smashes and they felt great the stiff shaft sprang right back into place making the head/shaft really stable and shots controlled. But when you can load up full smash you just want them to keep on lifting just so you can smash more :D.

Drives are my weakness.:eek: as to be expected I didn't play a lot of drives and they were of quite low quality but I did feel the drives felt cleaner and the racket had almost no vibration at all! The stiff shaft was really good.

The racket I found was slightly slower at the net compared to the LN but as expected head heavy/even. The newly string strings were really 'crisp' and net shots could be played tight and delicate. However, that is not to say the racket is not fast, it is like a thicker sword (yeah.. sorry bad simile). Anyway it does cut through the air veeery fast.

The verdict: this is definitely an excellent racket for those who find their racket their racket shaft too flexible. I'd say it is a fantastic all-round racket. Also the holographic effect on 'Trinity' looks cool :D. 5/5 but reviews are subjective.

Anyway awesome racket also 5/5 for Mark A too. Fast (as can be) and quick to reply to any queries. THANKS MARK A AND THANKS DINKALOT.:D

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    @Ramcov: thanks for the nice review! :) Do you know which string you were using, and at what tension?

10. Ramcov

Ramcov Regular Member

Student
    I think ashaway zm70 at 21

11. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    I got my Trinity pro at 84.8g and bp 305mm around this July. Strings are zymax 67 (newer one) at 23 lbs.

So I've had a few months to test it. My previous racket was the Victor Artery Tec ti-99 3U. String was zymax 67 (older one) at 22 lbs.

Initially I actually had a hard time switching and my performance went down for a few sessions. I think part of the reason was the weight difference in going from a 3U to a 4U. But my experience with the racket only went up from there so if you're afraid you made a mistake in buying the racket, try it out for another month and you might change your mind =).

Clearing had a nice feel to it, though I would say it's about the same as the artery tec ti-99. Though when in tight situations or when you're off balance to hit an awkward clear, I would say I was able to use my wrist better with the TPro than I could with the AT99. I think the biggest difference I saw in this area was definitely for my backhand. I don't know but I was able to hit much cleaner and powerful shots with this racket than the AT99. My backhand net shots, clears, drops, and smashes definitely saw an improvement within the first couple weeks. My control over the shots overall was better as well on top of the power.

Smashes- My swing didn't initially agree with the TPro to be honest. I think I wasn't as used to using more of my arm to generate power with the TPro lighter racket, even if it was head heavier. But now after 3 months, I can't smash the way I did with the AT99 than I can now with the TPro. It took some breaking in but my power has definitely increased once I adjusted my swing to the new racket. I'm mainly a doubles player so this area of my game saw huge improvement. If I were to describe the biggest difference between the two rackets, I think it's that the TPro somehow cuts through the air easier than the AT99, maybe it's just that way because it's about 10mm head heavier than my previous racket, I don't know. But I like it =).

Drops and Netplay- This is another area in which I have made a lot of improvement with a combination of better technique but also the racket. I was much more prone with the heavier AT99 to make net shots or drop shots too high or long, allowing for an easy net kill or retrieval by the opponent. I have a noticeable improvement over the control at the net, particularly the forehand net kill.

Defense- Definitely a quick racket despite the head heaviness. In sometime I like the head heaviness because my smash drive returns have definitely picked up the pace. That being said I'm still having a bit of trouble make a smash return drop, whether that's technique or the racket. I had a little easier time with the AT99 than I am having with the TPro. From that aspect, I like the racket much more for doubles than I do for singles as drive returns are tactically a much better shot in doubles.

For the price value to performance ratio, this is definitely a solid racket that rivals many of the big names on the market =). For a $125 price for the racket + strings + stringing, it's one hell of a bargain. I would probably pay no less than $150 U.S. dollars for a racket of this quality had it not been a special deal (thanks!). Dink you and whoever helped develop this racket have a lot of potential in the future =).

12. ormy4

ormy4 Regular Member

Bit of a funny story as had a badminton chum come over to me and tell me how strong the Panda Power racket was. I asked as he had 2 and it was the Ultra version 2 he was talking about. He was playing in a new gym and didn't notice ropes hanging from the ceiling held together sort of out of the way with a beefy metal hook. I guess he wound up to smash and hit it the hook part square on it. Blew out all the strings in the middle and deflected off the frame. He said all you could smell was graphite and everyone in the gym heard it and cringed. Looked at the racket and figured there is no way it survived. To his amazement it just had a scratch on it otherwise it was fine.

Few months back fellow was playing with an older fellow in his 80's who likes to come out and we just hit it to him as he loves playing still. So you tend to just hit close to him and take things out just to
    keep the rally going. He had just bought a Yonex at 700 and there was a metal scaffold 3 feet off to the side and going for an out of court shot hit it. Poor guy had used the racket for 5 minutes and it
    broke on both sides and folded in half.

Super nice guy but bad depth perception or luck.

13. Vicky Chips

Vicky Chips Regular Member

Is it still possible to get my hands on a shiny gold T-Pro? :)

14. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

One left

After some wheeling and dealing, I have a Mk2 (gold) TPro left. 291/83.6. Still has the wrapper on.

PM or email if interested:).

15. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

any possibility of getting a Ultra 1 nowadays?

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I've been working on a redux review for the past few days, and it should be ready to post tonight... :D

17. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  18. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

cobalt, you are one weird dude.
    A dude with strangely misplaced talents and wayyyy too much time on his hands.

Good thing there are folks like you here, otherwise this place would be wayyyy too serious.;)

19. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    Agreed ... especially this comment, "I bought her a new dress. Still white, but tighter now at 25 and 27. And red socks. Spectacularly sinful!! Angie was an angel who could tempt the Devil to give up Hell itself."

*shudders*

Justin.

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Sounds like you guys like it!! :D I'm glad...
    Truthfully, its just my little way of saying thanks to Dinkalot, and I hope it brings a smile to his face...