Finger pain when gripping(pinky)

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by WinnieThePimp, Jan 10, 2011.

1. WinnieThePimp

WinnieThePimp Regular Member

I accidentally overstretched my finger last week... it hurt pretty bad at that moment but nothing happened really and after that it was just fine for a couple days. I then decided to play Badminton where i felt nothing ... the day AFTER that though it starting hurting up to now where i am feeling this pain whenever i try to grab something with my right hand or even when i try to grip the racket... :crying:

anyone know what this could possibly be? i mean it's not sprained or broken, i can actually move it in all directions without any pain, it's just when i apply pressure in a certain way to grip something that the pinky will hurt :(

i guess i shouldn't play Badminton now for a while, the thing is whenever i do random things around the household like grab a towel it will often hurt too so what am i supposed to do?

2. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    Put some ice on it to reduce swelling, don't directly apply the ice, put it in a cloth or something.
    Try strapping it together with your ring finger, this should take the pressure off your pinky for when you're doing stuff around the house.

3. WinnieThePimp

WinnieThePimp Regular Member

Hmm i might try the taping, not need to ice it there is no swelling AT ALL, it is NOT sprained or anything it's more of an inside pain that is only present when i move it the wrong way or apply pressure, unfortunately it will not go away but i don't feel like going to a doc just for this hmm...

4. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

RICE is the standard treatment for sprain or strain injuries. It usually helps, and can make a big difference in some cases.

Damage to soft tissues tears capillaries, causing interstitial bleeding; the increased pressure from the inflammation causes further capillary tears, leading to a vicious cycle of inflammation. The inflammation is not always easy to see.

The more you can calm down this inflammatory response, the better prospects you have for a swift and complete recovery.

If it hasn't resolved within two weeks of the original injury, then you really should get it checked out by a doctor.