Need stiffer racket than vtzf

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Poppe, Feb 20, 2014.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

2. Poppe

Poppe Regular Member

I have email him now

Thanks a lot and I will give feedback about RKEP

#22 Poppe, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  3. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    N90 II is stiffer than N90 I. N90I is more HH.
    Both rackets are very durable. The N90I is too slow for doubles imo.

If you want an even stiffer and more HH racket than N90 II go for Victor sw35.
    But playing offensive with Victor SW35 may destroy your arm. The N90II only a little bit less stiffness than Sw35 but it is a lot kinder to your arm.

4. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Just curious, how did most of yr rackets break?:confused:
    They broke at different places/locations on the frame? Randomly? Strung at what tensions?

5. Juni88

Juni88 Regular Member

Geography Teacher
    That's what I was wondering as well. HOW?

6. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    If you want super stiff racquet and head heavy (but still not as head heavy as VTZF), look at Carlton Vapour Trail Elite. It is a really really stiff racquet. You can get it from Directbadminton.co.uk.

Another option is Panda Power Ultra Pro which is also very stiff.

7. FlyingDutch

FlyingDutch Regular Member

Student
    Well if you need a stiffer Racket than VTZF you could take the VTZFII, which is a great Racket btw., in a couple of weeks, or you might go with a Forza Racket thats marked with the VS (Very Stiff). I own for example this one FZ FORZA Ti-555 N-Forze VS-C.N.T. and its way stiffer than every yonex racket (stiffer than any other racket i owned over the last couple of years) and has in addition a very tight string pattern which results in a very hard feeling (strung properly).

8. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    That's a good recommendation. I have a FZ Kevlar CNT Xpower 10k (what a mouthful !) and it is rated as Stiff. I am pretty sure those VS model will be comparable to VTZF at the minimum in terms of the stiffness. Those with the 88 (or even 96) holes stringing pattern will create a string bed with tension 2 - 3 lbs higher than normal.

9. FlyingDutch

Student
    In terms of stiffness i can give you this (just mentioned those i got in my bag and that appeared in the thread yet)
    From Very stiff to stiff
    FZ Ti 555 VS
    FZ 10000 VS VTZF II
    VTZF I
    Li Ning N90III N90II

Dont go for the VTZF II if you break Rackets easily, its got a pretty thin frame and head! ;)

10. visor

visor Regular Member

Interesting... where would you place MX80?

11. FlyingDutch

Student
    Difficult, if i remember correctly it was slightly stiffer as MX JJS a friend of mine uses. I would place it at or just above (stiffer) the VTZF I and under the FZ 10000. It is not a huge difference though (it does not get much stiffer :D). But i didnt held one myself for quite a while now.

12. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

[MENTION=115443]Poppe[/MENTION] : You are in Sweden if your info is correct. In that case, you can look at Forza rackets. Models with VS at the end of their name are very stiff. Having tried the Forza Ti10000, which is rated as stiff, it is definitely stiffer than Yonex rackets with the same rating (my VT80 feels like a medium flexible racket compered to that Forza). Plus the fact that they are easier to find in Europe.

As Visor said, the MX80 is a great choice if you want a really stiff racket. I might suggest the (great) SW35 if you can find one or two. (its on super sale on that German website http://www.tennistown.de/product_info.php?cPath=25_135&products_id=6651)

13. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

If he wants something stiffer than VTZF I than I doubt he will really like the N90 III since it is flexier. It has a really solid and strong frame though. The VTZF II frame may be really thin but it still can be strong, right? I wouldn't say a racket as such can't take some really hard hits.

14. Poppe

Poppe Regular Member

Thanks guys for your information!

The broken rackets where old, intermediate used and also brand new rackets. Broken in the frame. There where also a couple of test rackets that the strings broken. So now, nobody will give me a racket and a matter of fact is they did turn there back on me the last time haha!

I like that you give your thoughts of more rackets to check out now. Im waiting for feedback from rkep Eric also.

I tried vt80 with outcome of couldnt get power, only snappy when using wrist.

The vtzf1 comes up to tremendous speed in momentum when smashing but flexes to much and to slow. When hitting low backhand infront of body, the chuttle is unpredictble and sometimes moves way out of court? So I think vtzf1 should be used with snappy wrist and vice versa when power is used. IMO.
    Because my backhand is on practice:) vtzf1 is great there.

15. visor

visor Regular Member

with such power you're putting thru your rackets, your forearms are probably bigger than my calves... :eek:

16. Poppe

Poppe Regular Member

visor, no, neither in baseball are too big arms. I trained extremely much to trow things as far as possible with the outcome to winning in competition. More minded to the speed-movement of somewhat Bruce Lee, if it make sense? Speed with power is power when small objects needs to be accelerated IMO?

I learned how to use the correct technique in the way badminton smashes but there are ways to smash harder for me, if you smash with combined the baseball and badminton technique. The shuttle moves unfortunately not so much downwards but it wins over the badminton technique for me. The baseball technique could also be shortened so you don't need too much time to load the smash. If I don't have too much time to load I try to use the correct badminton technique with much underarm, like Lin Dan. When LCW jump-smash hard he is in somewhat baseball technique with the body and also lot of movement IMO?

We use plastic in tournament which make sense to mostly train with them. This is probably the reason I need stiffer racket. The rackets is probably not build for that IMO?

17. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

I was using my VT80 as an example that you can get stiffer rackets than Yonex when looking at other brands even though it is categorized as "very stiff".

As an example, the very stiff rackets from Forza, and particularly from the Kevlar line are what I would look into if you want a super stiff racket.
    http://www.fz-forza.com/Forza-EN/RACKETS/FZ-CNT-SERIES.aspx?ProductID=PROD2658&PID=19941

With my previous post and Visor's advice, you should be able to find something for you. If you could try some of the models we gave you before you buy, it would be even better!

18. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I remember so many people said Forza Ti555 VS is one of the stiffest around
    then there are Victor Meteor X80 and Yonex Nanospeed 9900

try the Panda Power Ultra Kevlar? not sure which one is the stiffest between their Ultra line though..

19. Poppe

Poppe Regular Member

I will try your recommendations.

If the recommended rackets is to light...
    Whats your recommendation and information of lead-tape on rackets? Is it difficult to manage and so fourth?

Regards
    Poppe

20. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    most of the rackets these days are 3U (85-90 grams) or 4U (80-85 grams), not sure if you want a 2U (90-95 grams)?
    people prefer 3U or 4U since it is easier to move around
    not many people want to use lead tape esp outside the head area (to make it more head heavy) but by doing so that means you will make the racket more flexible since the head is heavy (same case as the VT ZF)

try the Panda Power ultra line, should be suit your taste. tapered shaft will guarantee stronger shaft, and it is quite head heavy too (if you go for the head heavy one)