Yonex Voltric 80 ( VT80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Sorry twobeer, but No Picture = No Proof :p

Not that I doubt you but I would like to see how severe the defect is. Yonex is not ISO9000 certified for no apparent reason.

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Please explain what you think is the most correct to use for a clear or smash. All wrist flick only, or forearm plus wrist pronation?

3. zaviour

zaviour Regular Member

Twobeer, if you got chance and time, I would like to know how you compare VT-80 with your beloved N55..

4. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Can people state how much they bought their VT80 in US dollars please? Thanks. There seems to be so much price variation. What do people think would be a good deal?

5. owen27

owen27 Regular Member

Product manager
    Hi guys... Just my layman review...

Been looking for one that plays like an armortec 700(old) and have bought a Carlton.. Which hardly used cause of high flex... And then got the arcsaber 10 which in it's own right is good. Even balance...not as much power but flip wrist more and u get a sharper angle and harder smash.. Love the a700 cause it gives smashes a good feel and sound...

Now to the vt80 which I bought and played yesterday... Did not expect much from it but wow... I love it... It played like the a700 but feels not as head heavy... Means I get the same amount of force in smashes... But it really surprised me is the agility of it at the net... Can change angle and trick a lot and is very responsive to the soft touches like the arc10...

Bottom lime after 2 hours feel... It feels great at the moment... Finally found something like the a700 and yet not as tiring and played faster than the at700... If u love the a700 I think u will feel very comfortable with this! Quite an all rounder

6. owen27

owen27 Regular Member

Product manager
    Oh yea... Just to note I use less strength for the smashes for same amount of power... Thus less tiring and faster smashes...

7. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

How exactly are you measuring this power? By the way, how much did you pay for the racket in US dollars?

8. owen27

owen27 Regular Member

Product manager
    Hi... This is all in my own feel that how much I use my arm to swing or how heavy I feel the racquet is while swinging.. I dun have any specific way of measure. Just the way I feel... Think it converts to about 180 to 195usd

9. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    CDN$240 CDN = US$240 at a local store in Vancouver, Canada. High price due to taxes and duty. It'll be cheaper if you can buy it online.

10. :renegade:

:renegade: Regular Member

Got mine at MYR560. Around USD187..

11. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I have attached a picture below of the productionfault. I am pretty sure the fault was not caused by shipment. Package was well packed and unharmed, I also had other rackets (Luminasonic 9) in the same shipment and the fault is on the inside of the frame, and a bulb, not something likely could be produced by shipping.

I simply attribute it to poor QC. I will probably not send it back to JP, as the Voltrics are not my go-to. I think the vt80 shaft-response feels really good, but I think YY went totally wrong when fattening parts of the frame (most likely to cut-cost in production).. I would rather have seen a combination of their traditional armortec frame and using nanopreme for the shaft.

#871 twobeer, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
  12. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

Lean and mean rather than massive but not solidly built, is that what you meant?

Well, ok, just discount the manufacturing defect or questionable QC. Your racket must still be playable right? I guess it didn't fold after hours and hours with you on court (probably, you strung them between 31-33 lbs.). So, can we have a mini review at least?

Thanks.

13. MusclePower100

MusclePower100 Regular Member

How does the Vt80 compared to the N90?

14. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Looks like just minor paint damage? Shouldn't affect the racket performance right?

15. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I dont think it affects performance, but the bump is bigger i think than merely the paint, so it probably the mold of graphite.

16. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Maybe you should try playing with it and then see what you think?

17. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Dear Master TB,

1) Where is this racquet purchased? What distribution code?
    2) Please go to www.yonex.com and click on the catalog. There is a sort of (and I mean sort of) reason for the votric head design. I would not call it a cost cutting design.
    3) Reg your comment on the AT head with NanoPrime shaft, if that is the case, it would have been call AT880 or AT990. Not VT80. It is a marketing move and you know YY usually give it a new line when new tech/design is introduced.

Have a nice week.

18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

JP from shuttlehaus I believe ...

19. kennee

kennee Regular Member

Pro Badminton Daydreamer
    Looks like the mark left by a 6-point stringing machine clamp.

#879 kennee, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
  20. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I think what's happened here, is that Yonex has realised that people will pay a premium for JP coded rackets despite the fact that they're no better than any other code, so they're just putting JP codes on their factory seconds to maximise profits :D