Ice Hockey

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Pecheur, Mar 30, 2004.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Tough luck..

..to the Canucks..I thought the hit in Game 3 turned the series around, with game 3 & 4 being blowouts..

As for the riots, imagine if the Canucks had won the Stanley Cup..??

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Win or lose, those hooligans had planned on making trouble. Good thing is there has been a Facebook page set up for people to send in pics and videos of the perps. In this day and age, you can't escape. The will be caught but unfortunately, the punishment in Canada never fits the crime. Shame really.

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..it's happened in L.A. before as well, twice i might add, after the Lakers won the back-2-back titles recently. Both times, riots and then some, incl. looting, car-burning. Out of so many people who caused trouble, only a handful were caught and got the punishment..

4. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    The Canucks ran out of steam . . .

5. druss

druss Regular Member

The Canucks also didn't have the experience that Boston did. Too many of their players had never played in the final series before, much less a 7th game. They took some really stupid penalties as well but the entire series was full of dumb penalties.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I double checked and all of Canucks' victories were by 1 pt. While all of Bruins' victories were by at least 3 pts..I just wonder if the Bruins could've pulled off a sweep..

7. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

[​IMG]

Boston Bruins

Canucks Goalie Roberto Luongo Regrets Comments He Made About Tim Thomas During Stanley Cup Final by Ricky Doyle on Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 9:16AM

After Roberto Luongo posted a shutout in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final, moving the Canucks to within one win of Cup glory, he opened his mouth and questioned Tim Thomas' goaltending style. Shortly thereafter, he inserted his foot.

Now, Luongo has said that he regrets the comments he made about Thomas and the media buzz that followed.

"If I could do it again, I wouldn't say it," Luongo said in a recent interview with Radio-Canada.ca, as translated on the popular Canucks blog CanucksArmy. "I didn't want to create the buzz that it did. After the fifth game, I had never been so emotional and I got carried away."

Luongo, of course, said after Vancouver's Game 5 win that the lone goal scored against Thomas -- netted by Maxim Lapierre -- would have been an easy save for himself.

"It's not hard if you're playing in the paint," he said of Lapierre's goal. "It's an easy save for me.

"If you're wandering out and aggressive like he is, that's gonna happen. He might make some saves that I won't but in cases, like that, we wanna take advantage of bounces like that and make sure we're in position to bury those."

Luongo later went on to state that he had been pumping Thomas' tires all series, but that the Bruins netminder had yet to compliment him in return.

So not only did Thomas get the last laugh after guiding the Bruins to a Stanley Cup victory, earning Conn Smythe honors and being awarded the Vezina Trophy, but now he has Luongo taking back his comments.

Well played, Timmy.

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

#6's story

Jorma Valtonen will now carry with him the most haunting of thoughts. When he heard the horrific news of a plane down and most of a team dead, [Valtonen] said his first reaction was disbelief. The players feared gone, the coaches presumed perished -- Valtonen had been enjoying lunch with all of them only a few hours earlier at the training base of Lokomotiv Yaroslavl. ... [Valtonen], the team's Finnish goalie coach, had expected to be on the doomed flight to the season-opening game in Minsk, in the neighbouring country of Belarus. The club had even obtained for him the necessary visa for the journey. When management made a last-minute choice to leave Valtonen behind, Valtonen acknowledged that he had been "kind of disappointed." It was impossible for him to know at the time that the decision that rankled him had also saved his life.
    The Star

Columns:
    Late KHL coach Brad McCrimmon was a true hockey man - Darren Eliot - SI.com
    Red Light » Posts Haunted by sudden death from the sky «

Random :
    Best NHL Uniforms (by franchise) - Photos - SI.com

10. staples

staples Regular Member

Agreed. Luongo just never knows when to shut his trap. Too bad that cost his team the Stanley Cup. In my opinion that was the turning point of the series. If anyone would have saw the interview, you'd think Luongo had won the cup already.

If a cocky guy has to take back his own comments then you know how bad the situation was.

11. staples

staples Regular Member

Valtonen was really lucky. Sometimes disappointments may not be a bad thing if you look at it in the long run.

Condolences to the Locomotiv team members who perished and to their families.

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:confused: ... :cool:

[​IMG]

Well that was a first (and hopefully not last): hockey sweaters in .NL :D
    (well the first I've seen anyway, I know there have been shops selling local ones down south but with one exception never international ones)

#72 demolidor, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Let me bump this as well as we have reached the SF stage already with the US and Canada going home empty handed again :p

Watch the matches here (excluding the obvious countries BWF style): http://www.youtube.com/icehockey

Random related "music" videos I just bumped into ... not sure which is worse [​IMG]

[video=youtube;uK6lymLixnk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK6lymLixnk&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;4MzuOoEk7DQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MzuOoEk7DQ&feature=related[/video]

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Couple of nice vids :cool:

[video=youtube;JXX2GZeBVxo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXX2GZeBVxo&feature=relmfu[/video]

[video=youtube;9Dtsesgjbpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dtsesgjbpk&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;6hpV_-jBQmo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hpV_-jBQmo&feature=channel&list=UL[/video]

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

16. King's

King's Regular Member

No Lakers, no Clippers, no Dodgers? No problem, L.A. Kings finally won one!:cool: Guess, L.A. just won't go away quietly.:D

17. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

I'm confused, demolidor. You commited the crime of posting a link with no context. :confused:

Sure, anyone who is not a deep thinker might assume that you intended us to see the big picture of the LA Kings' victory parade. But I know that you are mysterious and playful; you wanted us to dig deeper for the truth.
    With a couple clicks I found the picture that you really wanted us to see: :)http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1206/soccer-euro-2012-fans/content.12.html

(I didn't even know that General George Patton invaded Holland.:confused: By the looks of it, he at least invaded a Dutch greenhouse or a gay bar's Carmen Miranda tribute party.)

18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

[video=youtube;rr0PuWNlNg4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr0PuWNlNg4[/video]

19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

KHL 2012/2013 All Star Game East vs West

[video=youtube;TpgirtZEf2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpgirtZEf2g[/video]