Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

I don't think so. It looks like "when the pile of **** hit the fans everybody will run away and hide". Or just finger pointing here and there but nothing serious in the end.

We are not a badminton powerhouse anymore, probably since 5yrs ago.:(

2. julianng

julianng Regular Member

it's not their fault(INA players)...

it's the weather in England man... it's way too cold for what INA players are used to playing in...

even Taufik said in an interview "It's too early, it's like i'm still sleeping" against Lin Dan.. LOL !!

3. Duke Chen

Duke Chen Regular Member

i told ya i'm unemployed!
    [​IMG]

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

For the first time badminton failed to contribute any medal in Olympic stage :(
    A big blow for INA badminton...

5. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    I'm very disappointed and sad with the current result. I can't describe what I feel right now. :( :(

6. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    I miss Maria Kristin Yulianti...

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Indonesia Ought to Diversify Focus in Other Sports After Badminton Fallout

August 04, 2012 | by Pangeran Siahaan
    http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/thep...n-other-sports-after-badminton-fallout/535068

Excerpts:

That’s it. Indonesia’s dream of Olympic gold has been shattered. For the first time since the badminton was introduced in the Summer Games in 1992, Indonesian contingents will be going home without a gold bling to exhibit, following the defeat of mixed doubles pair Tontowi Ahmad and Liliyana Natsir, and men's doubles pair Muhammad Ahsan and Bona Septano.

...The relentless fear of going home without a gold medal had been a menacing threat after our inaugural golds in Barcelona. “Keep the gold tradition” is the mantra that has been repeated every 4 years. In the past, our athletes might not perform convincingly in the build-up to the final match, but somehow we still got away with golds. Then we started to think that getting an Olympic gold is like a god-given right for Indonesia, like in every Olympic there’s a gold medal that has “Indonesia” engraved on it before the games even start. In a way, we took it for granted.

Badminton has been our forte, our playing ground where, not only we stand an actual chance to get a gold, Indonesian athletes are traditionally seen as one of the big boys. Unfortunately, that also means that our sporting scheme is undiversified. If we cocked up in badminton – something that had never happened before – then we would get a huge problem looking for the gold from elsewhere.

The thing is we’re hardly good enough in anything else. We took the world by fire in Dragon Boat, but it’s not an Olympic sport. Our basketball, volleyball and beach volleyball teams show promise but it’s still a long way to go until we can reach the Olympic standards. We’re clearly disadvantaged in aquatic sports and athletics where physical built and posture have a significant role. And don't let me started on our football team. It’s practically a joke, and an unfunny one.

...Badminton will still be a spine to our Olympic triumph in the future. After all, we’re still considered as giants (a sleeping one, if you may) in this discipline, but we should start building around other sports with potential success. Let’s start from weightlifting. Considering how much money we have spent on football without any outcome, it would be a travesty if we don't put similar effort on Olympic medal-winning sports.

8. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    Yes i certainly feel PBSI SHOULD be held responsible for the decline in INA's badminton for the past decade or so. A change in the organisation is desperately needed in order to revive our Olympic hopes in Rio 2016. From what I've heard, any talent who wishes to join PBSI must "donate" a huge sum of money in order to become a national player. PBSI needs to wreck their current scouting system, ditch the money-oriented mentality, and recruit youngsters solely based on their talents not how thick their wallets are. Training routines also need to be upgraded with modern techniques and sport science. All in all PBSI needs a major sponsorship. Let's all hope we can mould our youngsters in time for Rio 2016 to snatch that gold once again.

Kido/Hendra are not to blame 100% yes, it was their fault for taking things too easily when they had to work hard to qualify but if our regeneration was as good as CHN's we wouldn't be missing the Olympic gold right now.

9. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Let Djarum replaced PBSI to govern all INA's badminton and they'll do 10x better job. Sadly it'll never happened.
    The current PBSI leadership need to be replaced. There's just no way around a failure such as this one (failing to medal at all).

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/lond...ding-fast-as-medal-favorites-crash-out/535195

Excerpt:

Looking at the gloom hanging over Indonesian badminton’s current state, former Olympic gold medalist Candra Wijaya said the fall was foreseen a few years ago.

“When the Indonesian Badminton Association [PBSI] asked me to rejoin the national training camp back in 2007, the signal was very clear. We’re lacking regeneration,” he said. “We have lots of homework to do. It’s time to stick together and take action. We need to do what we have to do if we want to reclaim our status as the sport’s powerhouse.”

11. victory

victory Regular Member

Indonesian economy is doing extremely well but their badminton is at a low point. Hmm......I feel strange. Normally when a country economy is doing well, they have more money to develop sports. I feel puzzled. May be I don't understand indonesia badminton.

12. Duke Chen

Duke Chen Regular Member

i told ya i'm unemployed!
    [​IMG]

13. victory

victory Regular Member

Okay. I see that you think Djoko has to minta maaf to Indonesian and he is responsible. But can you explain more? In what way he failed?

14. habsq

habsq Regular Member

Student
    "Dikatakan Djoko, bentuk tanggung jawabnya adalah akan segera mengevaluasi untuk melakukan pembaruan. "Semua akan kami ubah, pengurus, pelatih, atlet, sistem pembinaan dan rekrutmen" , kata Djoko"

Djoko said, as form of responsibility, he will immediately evaluate to perform reformation. "We will change everything, administrators, coaches, athletes, coaching and recruitment system".

I like that he mention to make changes. But I think he missed something, I thought he said that he is the one whose responsible? Should he be the first to be replaced then?

...and as victory said, we need to know from his perspective, in which way he was failing? If he does not know why and what he failed, how come he solve the problem?

15. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Ahem, his tenure is going to end soon anyway.

Well, uh, he's unlucky that INA's first failure to grab OG gold medal happens during his term of office. :eek:

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm,sound like nadzmi of bam
    hehe

17. sen

sen Regular Member

I don't think INA economy is doing extremely well. The economy is just so-so but looks good because other countries are not doing as well as they used to be.

The badminton problem is more of development problem(part of it because the system is too corrupted). But the people in PBSI blames lack of talent.

18. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Economy is better could mean the talents have other avenues/other better paying job prospects.
    When economy is not good with far less job opportunities, sports is seen as a way out. More money to develop but less talents interested in sports also make it hard to develop.

19. sen

sen Regular Member

One thing is more open/global world. In the past, Indonesians mostly can only make a living in Indonesia. Now more opportunity and more offers coming from all over the world. Not just as badminton players, as researcher and other fields

20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Indonesia falters ignominiously at London

Mustaqim Adamrah, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Sports | Tue, August 14 2012, 6:22 AM

Paper Edition | Page: 8

As the 2012 Olympics wrapped up after the two-week sporting spectacle, Indonesia languished in the doldrums as our failed athletes came home without any gold.

To add to the national shame, shuttlers Gresia Polii and Meliana Jauhari were ignominiously ejected from the Olympics for unsportsmanlike conduct. Along with three other pairs from China and South Korea, Greysia and Meliana were disqualified for play-to-lose tactics during group matches.

This continues the downward spiral in performance since Indonesia won two golds in Barcelona 20 years ago, both in badminton.

Since Barcelona, the gold collection had dropped although we somehow managed to cling on our one-gold haul up to Beijing four years ago.

With only one silver and a bronze, thanks to the weight lifting team, sport authorities concede that the country has paid dearly for relying too much on badminton while the athletes were suffering a dip in performance.

“We regret that we didn’t take any gold from the London Olympics because we only depended on badminton,” Youth and Sports Minister Andi Mallarangeng said during a ceremony for the Indonesian weight lifting medalists.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Read more : http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/08/14/indonesia-falters-ignominiously-london.html