RSL tourney equivalent in Yonex

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by J-Dragon, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Gunnersfan

Gunnersfan Regular Member

Student
    wow, i didnt see that.....
    lol :D

2. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

RSL Gold, RM48, not durable, fly ok. But only last for 1/2 game. duckYY AS10 to AS30, duck.Sea Lion, RM55, durable, can last for 1.5 to 2 games. Goose.Protect World Class, RM58, durable, easily last 2 to 3 games. Goose.If we do some math, Protect can really save more.

3. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

How long can you let a tube lie unused? I'm planning on stocking RSL classics but I need to buy in bulk for a decent price and to mitigate shipping costs.

4. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

Badder: Any latest update about AeroClub 07? Thought it's a decent duck feather shuttle. thanks.

5. maxout

maxout Regular Member

For my experience, DUCK feather shuttles are not as DURABLE at the stem area, so when you smash, a high % of broken stems, hence unplayable .... too much spin and wobble ...

For GOOSE feathers, stem don't break that easy, most likely the feathers will FRAY but still playable if you straighten them out ... last about 2X longer than duck ... so do your maths ...

6. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

In general sense, yes, duck feather is not as good as goose feather. However, there are high-end duck feather shuttles that are lasting longer than some of the low- or even mid-end goose feather shuttles. You know that there are many kinds of ducks as well.

Since I have read some comment that AeroClub 05 (duck feather) is almost as good as AS-20 (some even say better than AS-20), I am hoping that AeroClub 07 might be even better.

PS: in another thread, some one was saying that AC 07 is between AS 30 and 40. I am not so sure about that, hence the question about it.

7. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Let me clariy some misunderstanding about Yonex shuttles:

For non-Japan market: Only Aerosensa 30, 40 and 50 are GOOSE , all Aeroclubs, Aerosensa 2,3,10 and 20 are DUCK feathers ... source: Yonex website.

The Japanese market got some additional ones like F series (supposedly Aerosensa equivalent) which I have never tried ...

I got nothing against DUCKS (I love to eat them :D) but their feathers make LOUSY shuttles compared to GOOSE ... facts of life .... ;)

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Yes, sealion is goose feather. I like. ;)

9. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

I do like goose feather ones too, only if they are good and worth the price!

About Yonex shuttle line, however, official info and what's told around the market are different:

- I believe in all Yonex official web sites, it's clearly saying that AS-10 and AS-20 and higher are goose feathers. I have two of them here:, http://yonex.com/sports/badminton/products/badminton/shuttlecocks/feather-shuttlecocks/aerosensa-/, and http://www.yonex.co.uk/Badminton/Product.aspx?ProdID=98

- HOWEVER, some suppliers (non-Japanese) are saying that AS-10 and 20 are duck feather ones, and some are saying that they are both goose.

- yes, different market in the world has its special ones, such as AS-9 in China is made from goose feather, while their AS-02, 03 and 05 are all duck.

Anyway, reading more about the type of feathers, some of the low grade goose feather ones are much worse than mid-grade duck ones.

Looks like we are deviating from the main topic of this thread. there is another thread about this, and I will post it there too.

10. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Exactly !! ;)

BTW, thanks for highlighting my errors regarding Aerosensa 10 and 20 being DUCK ... they are so bad, I swear they played like DUCKS :p Seriosuly, if you can afford it, AS30 and AS40 should be great and they are the equivalent of other brands top-end. The thing I like about AS30 and AS40 (of course, AS50) compared to other brands top-end is the Quality Control and CONSISTENCY ...

I remember once a few months back that my regular supplier said that there are no As40 as YY doesn't have enough feathers of that grade, so they slowed production, lack of stock, but plenty of AS30 and AS50 - I doubt others will do like that !! GREAT QC !!

11. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

Now I know why people are thinking AS-10 and even AS-20 are duck feather ones, since they are so bad.

Getting a good performance / price ratio shuttle is getting harder now-a-days, especially during dry winter time here.

have fun playing!

12. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    I have closely exmanied various goose and duck feathers shuttles and I can say with absolute confidence that as 10 is goose feather . it is durable as a goose feather will but since the feather used are from the outer side of the wing , one side is not completely formed . if you have looked at as 10 then inside of the feather is only half of normal ones . so there is some wobbling and also it tends to get broaden which kills the speed but durable as hell in terms of feather