P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Two young adversaries from the same age group will meet in round 1 of the AE 2013. Sindhu and Busanan of Thailand. These two have met once before, at the BAC Youth U19 2012, and Sindhu took that one in straight games, went on to take the championship.

Tomorrow is a different kettle of fish. Sindhu is now ranked 16 (BWF rankings) and Busanan is snapping at her heels at 17. Sindhu will need to be alert and focussed from beginning to end, or she'll have to spend the rest of the week shopping and studying.... :D

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Well, Sindhu got past Busanan handily, but later on ran smack into the German army! No escape there... :( End of English campaign for Sindhu... :D

Now at the Swiss Open this week, Sindhu's first round match is against #3 seeded Sung Ji Hyun. The two girls have met once before, at last year's India Open, when Sindhu won. Can she do it again? If she does, then most likely she will encounter her recent nemesis in the Quarters - Yiang Yanjiao.

So, the Swiss Open may actually be a good opportunity for Sindhiu to make a statement about her mental strength and tactical nous.

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Sindhu has got a very tough first round match. She need to face Sung Ji Hyun. According to me, H2H record are only for the books. Even though sindhu had won against SungJiHyun before, with SJH's current form, it will be very difficult for Sindhu to overcome this hurdle. If she passes through, then it will be a huge victory. The way SJH played Tine Baun was an example for this. Wonderful Semifinal match which i would never forget for long time. I wish sindhu all the very best for this SWISS OPEN 2013.

5. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    By the way, even Sindhu did very well against Tine Baun, though it was not a three setter. I think Sindhu will peak well around Olympics. She will get mentally tough and stable in next 2-3 years with experience.

I am also eager to see how Rituparna Das and Rutvika Shivani fare over next 3-4 years.

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    She played Juliane Schenk not Tine baun.. ;)

7. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    My bad. You are right. It was against JS.

8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Sindhu vs Juliane 's match highlights of ALL england Tournament 2013..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U24TyAbeCaA

I think sindhu have got good experience playing this tough nut Juliane. Next time, when she meets her again, i am damn sure, she will pass her without any doubt :).

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Sindhu's second biggest career win after her win over Li xuerui :).

[h=1]Sindhu shocks Wang Shixian, enters quarterfinals[/h]
    http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/04/18/sindhu-shocks-wang-shixian-enters-quarterfinals/

EXCERPTS:

PV Sindhu scored one of her career’s biggest wins when she upset third seed Wang Shixian in the pre-quarterfinals of the Badminton Asia Championships on Thursday. The Indian even saved one match point on her way to winning the match.

Meanwhile, her compatriot Sai Praneeth could not triumph in his match over another Chinese, Wang Zhengming. Praneeth lost in the pre-quarterfinals, 21-15 21-16.

Shixian, one of the top Chinese players of the last few years, was shocked by the Indian 15-21 21-14 22-20. The win was Sindhu’s biggest since her defeat of Olympic champion Li Xuerui at the China Masters last year. This was the first meeting between the Indian and the Chinese.
    Sindhu next takes on seventh seed Eriko Hirose of Japan, and she stands an excellent chance of beating the Japanese veteran and entering the semifinals.

It was Shixian who dominated the match early, and had a comfortable lead right through the first game as she clinched it 21-15.

But the Indian completely reversed the trend in the second game – from 4-1 up, she snatched the next ten points to just two by Shixian; Sindhu easily won the second game 21-14. The Indian continued with that momentum to hold a slight lead until 8-7, after which she shot ahead 17-8.

Shixian refused to give in, and slowly inched her way back, winning eight points in a row to come within a point at 16-17. From then it became a tense battle, and Shixian eventually went ahead 20-19, just one point away from winning the match. Sindhu fought back from the brink, keeping her head under pressure to win the next three points and the match, 22-20.

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Congrats to Sindhu for beating WSX. She can follow it up with another solid performance against Eriko in the QF

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Now that's a distinct reversal from almost all of Sindhu's previous 3-setters where she would cave in to the pressure at the final points! Her eventual victory over WSX will give her more confidence and she will be able to draw on her experience for future matches. In fact, her very next match will most certainly require every ounce of blood and guts - Eriko is no pushover by anyone's standards!

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Speaking about her triumph in which she came back from a set down, and a minor fumble in the dying minutes, Sindhu said, "Yes, the match was long, but I'm used to playing very long rallies with Gopi Sir daily in the morning session."

"I had played well in the first set and wasn't giving away negative points. I was confident that I could win the second set," she says of her minimal unforced errors.

Gopichand said about her student..."She showed glimpses of domination which are very good and point to her being top-class material. But she's at least two years away from that,"

When she spoke about shixian's comeback in the third game,

"I was in a hurry to finish the match at that point and I made mistakes. But she's very experienced, so she pounced on that,"

According to sports experts about Thursday's matches, Sindhu's net game and smashing got the job done, and the drop-dribbles that she had specifically trained for could be easily summoned. Her low-defence against the deep smashes, and cross retorts too were on the mark.

Coach Gopichand though preached moderation in reacting to this win. "She's capable of doing great things, but she's still not consistent. So if she gets a big win today, she could lose tomorrow. She needs to gain more experience before she can level out these ups and downs. Don't hype it too much," he insisted.

Its really true.. Sindhu need to be consistent to move to top 10. She is so young. She will gain experience day by day and matures with perfection :). Its not so far... All the very best sindhu..

13. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Gopichand's words are really true, ".....she's at least two years away from that(top class).She's capable of doing great things, but she's still not consistent. So if she gets a big win today, she could lose tomorrow. ".

100 % true. Really Consistency is missing .. She has beaten former world no.1 wang shixian and in the next round she lost to Eriko. She is able to beat top chinese players but could not defeat Eriko hirose for the second time. Correct formula not yet discovered??? . But she really fought very well today. For her age, she is showing much more brilliance in her game.. All the best for her upcoming India Open 2013.

14. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    More that Sindhu does not yet develop the variation necessary to consistently play different styles.

Also, there is the small matter of fitness, and being able to play long matches one after another.

Not necessarily a problem on the physical side of fitness, mind you. Just the mental fitness to stay patient ..... especially against cute Japanese dynamos.

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Saina vs Sindhu, a possibility at India Open

http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/04/21/saina-vs-sindhu-a-possibility-at-india-open/

EXCERPTS:

Badminton buffs have been waiting for a mouthwatering marquee clash between Saina Nehwal and P.V. Sindhu. The two Indians could possibly face off for the first time if both go through to the quarter-finals at the India Open here next week.

Pusarla Venkata Sindhu, to give her full name, is excited at the prospect of playing the World No.2 but she doesn’t want to think that far ahead. All the same, she is game for challenging Saina.

“I am not thinking of playing Saina right now. I have two stiff hurdles to cross. I play a Chinese in the first round and if I win, then the next opponent could also be a Chinese. If both of us (me and Saina) go through to the quarters as scripted in the draw, we should have a good match. I can only say I will try to give my best and obviously play to win,” Sindhu told IANS Sunday after a practice session here at the Siri Fort Complex.

“It all boils down to who plays better on the given day. I am taking one thing at a time and every round is tough.”

The two Indians have been in different halves of the draw because of their rankings. and at last the clash between the two could not be avoided here at the Indian leg of Badminton World Federation’s (BWF) Super Series.

The 17-year-old daughter of former India volleyball star P.V. Ramana has been making steady progress, pulling off upset victories on the way. Only three days ago, she stunned former World No.1 Shixian Wang of China at the Badminton Asia Championships in Taipei

“I played well against Shixian and could have won it with a lot more comfort. In the decider, I was leading 17-8 and suddenly I lapsed into all manner of errors to allow her to get back into the match and get to matchpoint. Thankfully, I reeled off three to stop her and win the match. It was a highly satisfying win,” said the Hyderabadi, who is seeded eighth at the India Open.

Her record against Chinese players has been pretty impressive. Late last year, she knocked out another top Chinese, reigning Olympic gold medallist Li Xuerui, from the China Masters Super Series to enter the semi-finals.

The World No.16 has been on the verge of winning Grands Prix besides reaching the last four stage of Super Series events. Does she believe she can make the next grade this year?

“I am World No.16 now and aim to be in the top-10 by the end of the year. To achieve that, I am working hard. I am training to be fit, up my concentration levels and focus on my skills. If I can do all these consistently, I should be able to win tournaments. Hopefully, a tournament win is around the corner,” signed off the star trainee at the Pullela Gopichand Academy.

Could that happen at the $200,000 India Open Super Series at the Siri Fort Complex April 23-28? The coming weekend will provide the answer.

Her words are excellently true.. "Taking one match at a time ", a wise sentence from this youngster. She is playing a chinese player in the first round and probably another in the second round. So, she should be careful before giving a mouth watering quaterfinals between Saina. We expect the same from her. All the very best :)..

#255 scorpion1, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  17. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Congrats to PVS to become the first indian WS player to reach the semi final of India Open.
    (She was also the first Indian ws to reach the QF in 2011)

18. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Improvements for the future :

Footwork and speed - Sindhu's footwork on the turn is very slow, signs of not enough muscles on the legs. To use her power, she needs to first reach the shuttle.

Defense - Needs to develop better reach and defense against midcourt dropshots that force her way down .... she is hardly able to control the shuttle at full stretch once it goes lower than net height. Turn defense into attack or at least parry the shuttle to neutral zone.

Fitness - mental fitness, that is. She was beaten long before yesterday's match against Ratchanok. Learn how not to show fear .... something Ratchanok and Saina are pretty good at. Scowl and stare at the opponent if she has to, but never let the head drop.

19. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    P.V.Sindhu reached career high ranking of 13 in the recently released ranking list..

20. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Congrats Sindhu for her first Grand Prix Gold title.

With the way she showed her mental strength in the second half of the rubber game is really marvellous.. Trailing 8-14 down, she came back to win the match.. Started to hunt for titles from now on??? ;).. I have a huge hope in her in the near future .. Excellent display by 17 year old Sindhu in this tournament..

She will turn 18 on july 5 2013. This title is a gift to her upcoming birthday. She may have the chance to enter top 10 with this result.. Congratulations once again..:)