Dislocated Knee Injury, SOLUTIONS?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by fiq_axis, May 20, 2012.

1. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

I know BC isn't a Med's sites, but here's I'm going to share my injury with BCers members.
    I'd bought a SHB101MX and was cheated. I thought that shoes would be an original version and never thought it was a fake. I played and played and played this shoes since 2010, and had never any problems, then one day, in end of June of 2011, I training as usual, then suddenly I do a jumping smash and on my landing, I'd hear a crack sounds in my knee, and I wake up to play again and I can't. After my friend gives an immediate treatment. Then after going to the hospital to receive a treatment, the doc confirmed my injury as dislocated knee injury.

After resting about 6 months, I made another comeback in badminton, tried to play again, but the knee kept disturbing my movements, the knee will moves that it's would be dangerous for me to perform jumping smash.

So, the question is, How Can I Fix My Knee Back Into It's Positions Again? or it can't be treated?

Need some advices.~

maybe a traditional massage?

2. phili

phili Regular Member

Better ask a professional about this.

By the way what makes you so sure your shoes are fake? Fake shoes lasting 1+ year sounds kind of weird to me.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    You can't dislocate a knee and still walk afterwards - if it did, your lower leg would be dangling loosely from your upper leg.

How about patella dislocation instead?

You should see an orthopaedic doctor for a better diagnosis.

4. yeoldeman

yeoldeman Regular Member

NHS
    The info you've given is not actually clear enough or sufficient to make the most likely hypothesis.

But it sounds like you could originally have had a partial dislocation (subluxation) of the kneecap (patella) which did not require the hospital to relocate for you, and the doc therefore just said that you had a dislocation and left it as that. We have no info as to whether you had it immobilised for a period of time, or underwent physio rehab, or had further investigations. But 6 months to make a comeback is a long time to make a recovery if it was only a subluxation.

As you're still not happy with the knee and have no confidence with attempting a jump smash, it's possible that you really have an unstable kneecap, or that your rehab hasn't been effective, or that you have a ligament injury too. It's possible for the doc to have missed the ligament injury when the knee was initially acutely painful straight after the injury, and therefore limited the range of clinical examination then. A good doc would have followed this up by reviewing you a few weeks later. The likely ligaments to have been injured would be the collaterals on each side of the knee or the cruciates which are the main restraining ligaments to check the amount of forward or rearward translation in the knee. We don't have enough info from you as to which direction you feel your knee is not moving safely.

It would be advisable to consult a good physio (not sure if this is possible in Kelantan) or a doctor at the local clinic with experience of sports medicine, or an orthopaedic consultant. Your suggestion about a traditional massage would be the wrong thing to do now if the underlying clinical problem hasn't yet been correctly identified.

All the best!

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Sounds very much like you twisted your knee and injured your cruciate ligament when you landed... most likely the anterior cruciate. Get an ortho to examine it and perhaps MRI it too.

6. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

yes. exactly. SHB101MX FAKE. actually I was cheated by a seller who claimed he bought at MAS Open. Didn't have the shoes' photo b I have tossed it away.

thanks, I will going to see an expert orthopedic doctor in this weekend. Hope he can set a clear value of my injury.

7. georgsi_uk1

georgsi_uk1 Regular Member

If it is Anterior cruciate ligament, then you would have experineced a lot of pain when weight bearing after the injury.. If you try to make cutting movements without an ACL, your knee will ceratinly buckle (give away) and that an another symptom.. if you havent experineced any of the above, then it might not be an ACL tear..

Even if it is an ACL tear or patellar dislocation, there are very good treatments available which will make your Knee as good as it was before the injury..

8. nprince

nprince Regular Member

Engineer
    By your word, it looks like your have torn your ACL. You need to be very careful here to avoid further injury (Meniscus, PCL & MCL)

You need to consult a good ortho and do an MRI. If ACL is torn, surgery is the only possible solution (Of course, you can say no to surgery, but very limited chance of playing again). I just did my ACL surgery 7 weeks back and another 5 months of intenssive rehab, before I play again...

9. nprince

nprince Regular Member

Engineer
    The only reason I can consider to think his shoes are fake is "it lasted more than one year of badminton"

10. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

11. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

The wear of the shoes depends on your playing style. If you are playing singles and slide your training foot, it wears off a lot faster and also the hours on the court. So your statement is only half true.

12. Caarl

Caarl Regular Member

Student
    I've dislocated my knee 7 times playing football, I have a joint condition called trochlear dysplasia and rumour has it Taufik Hidayat has the same condition. I use a 'neo-g' knee band - it's transformed my life completely, I can move around court (playing intense county level singles) and feel perfect! Give it a try it will help you.

NOTE::: I am NOT a doctor, I am just giving my own personal experience so take this into consideration when making your decision on buying one or not.

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Please refer to post #3 of this thread of why it is unlikely you have dislocated your knee.

A quick google search will explain that your condition is associated with patellar dislocation i.e. dislocating your knee cap. There is a huge difference between dislocation of the knee and dislocation of the patella.....;)

14. Caarl

Caarl Regular Member

Student
    If it was a patella dislocation like you say then my post is of some worth. Perhaps it is a mental aspect in his mind... knee guards do help but stop flexibility, a knee band gives the flexibility. As said in my last post, I am not medically qualified and cannot give professional medical advice, only what I have learnt through many years of rehabilitating my knee. But thank you Cheung for pointing it out, sorry for the inaccuracy!

15. cullendsouza

cullendsouza New Member

USA
    Knee pain is a result of the break down in cartilage. The ends of the bones become rough and jagged in later stages of the disease, and knee damage and pain can result. Osteoarthritis is normally a disease which affects older people but younger people who have injured their joints may also experience the symptoms of osteoarthritis.

massage therapy calgary nw
    physiotherapy clinic