BAM warns Mohd Hafiz Hashim & Kuan Beng Hong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Being gifted is one thing, how did he use it is another one.

It is understandable that we can no longer rely on him to help our team in Sudirman Cup or Thomas Cup. He's fantastic, special, have good posture, gifted, good skills, but that was a long-lost Hafiz. we can go back to normal, don't expect something big from him.

I admit, i am excited to see his final against Taufik, merely because he's my countryman who represented my team. This leave me no choice, i want to support him.

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

this HH actually can play nicely, he got the height, but he just..sigh..speechless, dunno what to say anymore:D

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Hafiz Hashim: A talented Badminton player from Malaysia

sonnymak ... It's good that we have dragged you into this thread. ;););)

IMHO, this what we could give Hafiz Hashim;
    (1) Talent/Skill: ....... 9 out of 10
    (2) Determination: ... 7 out of 10
    (3) Fitness: ............. 5 out of 10
    (4) Focus: ............... 3 out of 10

:):):)

#163 chris-ccc, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Whether HH made the final of the IO or not, he will be in the TC squad next year. However, with this final appearance thingy, BAM will most likely keep HH for another 5 years.

5. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    wow..another 5 yrs?hm...I think 2 yrs will be more than enough for HH...good thing is HH is more qualified than KBH now by entering IO Final....HH can make a case that he could beat CHN that beat LCW earlier..so he is better than LCW in that sense ( joking,,:D)

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh...come on...hauge....u should know tat....hafiz always better than lcw.....remember he have one of the MAJOR TITLE tat lcw doesnt have....all england...;)...

7. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Indeed HH has many impressive shots. That particular drop shot has made CJ look awkward many times. And when HH has enough stamina, his footwork is impressive too. Just compare HH and CL -- they are both 1.88m, but HH seems to glide through the court while CL seems to be fighting with himself most of the times.

The problem with HH, it seems to me, is that HH has been playing leisurely for way too long, to the extent that even if he wants, he has no idea how to play at a fast pace anymore. Tons of unforced errors appear whenever he wants to up the pace and take half-chances. He even may not know how to concentrate correctly anymore, and as a result always yoyos between playing nervously and playing half-heartedly.

The reason for this situation, I guess is because there are simply not enough competition in the Malaysia team.

8. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    The MAS camp for the past 30 years have always had two groups:

The Hardworking Group:
    These are people from Foo Kok Keong, Ong Ewe Hock, Razif/Jalani Sidek, Wong Choon Han, to Julia Wong, Wong Mew Choo. Because these people had to work hard, they are mentally stronger but probably not as gifted as the othr group.

The Gifted Group:
    These are people like Misbun/Rashid Sidek, Yong Hock Kin, Lydia Cheah, Hafiz Hashim. Generally not as hardworking and temperamental. Although to be fair in Misbun's case, he had some kind of medical condition which affected his lung and breathing, if I am not mistaken.

LCW is in between these two groups, hardworking and with talent, but possibly not as mentally aware.

Anyway, Hafiz and KBH's recent good showing will hopefully bring about a marked change in fortunes. Hafiz was clearly pleased, he was grinning all the way from the Hyderabad airport to the arrival terminal at KLIA.

9. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Really ? This guy is too obvious, inviting people to call him a dreamer again..

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes...abedeng....i 100% agree with u....and kbh is belong to the hardworking group...:)....

11. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

I disagree. Chen Long like all chinese player take every opportunity to give themselves an advantage, meaning the go to the net early. Hafiz........ just too lazy to control the net area and end up being smash most of the time. Unfortunately his defense is no where as good as Chong Wei. Thats how Chen Long got back in game 2 after trailing 7 point.

12. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Hafiz's lack of pace is a glaring weakness in the India Open. I don't see that he would be able to regain speed that he has lost, even if he is fitter and loses more weight. As you get older, there are things that you would lose permanently.

Kuan Beng Hong, on the other hand, is still up in pace but needs to add power and tactical awareness in his game. This is especially crucial in the closing stages of a tight match, where he was cruelly exposed by Taufik.

I would rate Kuan as being slightly the better performer between the two.

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    how many points he FAIL TO DEFENCE after 17-10 lead???:confused:

14. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

There is another group........ I think, don't know whether if it is true. People who have talent but cannot perform. Meaning they can only kick ass during training. I heard Wong Tat Meng and Yeoh Kay Bin belong to this group.

15. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Many..... its just like the previous game with Andre. hafiz having to do all the lift (at a height are wayyy to low, making the lift predictable) and getting his ass smash at.

Andre basically lost game 1 due to his inexperience or else hafiz was toast.

16. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Just look at CL recover himself. It's very slow and does not has the smoothness of BCL and HH. This is why he got dominated by HH.

CL got back in game 2 can illustrate nothing except that HH is still not fit. In fact HH lost all of his game 2 (except the first one) in this India Open.

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i see HH play like anup sridhar. Even Anup had beaten TH once before, HH didn't. HH has a bit more skills but less desire to win than Anup

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hey, HH is supposed to be in the yoyo group:D

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

He can improve, even on speed but it's a lot of work with a super fitness coach.May not be back to 2003 level but definitely can be better than anytime after.The thing is sometimes the speed may just have to improve marginally to make a big difference.His wingspan is a big advantage.But we shall see.Will he train like a hamster?
    As you get older, there are things you would lose permanently but you can make up for them in some other ways.I have seen many people who are fitter and faster than their younger days because they now know how and have more time to take care of their body. It requires a lot of work initially but just regular maintenance subsequently.
    We all have a choice.Let yourself go as you grow older and imperceptibly you lose your freedom to move,to eat yummy, poisonous food, to sit comfortably,to hear easily ,to see clearly,etc which would be dreadful.Or exercise regularly enough and those freedoms will not be lost and may even extend further which would be wonderful.

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think u miss the HH persona completely. His problem isn't whether he want to be fit or not, that is obvious and an easy problem to solve. The crux of HH's lack of success in badminton is he likes to play cool, with minimum effort, relying too much on trick shots. It look great when it's done right but it doens't give him the points consistently. Notice that he doesn't look sweaty at all. Only in the last part of third set against Chen Long did HH wipe his forehead. Abedeng had commented that HH look fresh when arriving back to MAS, while other players look drained.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.