Flypower Arbi fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by TheSmasherKing, Apr 26, 2011.

1. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

I've never used MP66 before. :(

2. ormy4

ormy4 Regular Member

Any pics or info on the Ultimate 9, someone mentioned to me so curious to see it.

3. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    does anyone know about tornado 700? im looking forward to buy 1 but i need more info on it... does it have the same spec (shaft and frame) as tornado 800? any idea on this? thanx :)

4. petergade

petergade Regular Member

more flypower arbi stuff... ;)

5771059496_b2867c6780_z.jpg
    5770518233_bcac47a0c0_z.jpg
    5771058408_cefbc4c77f.jpg

roy

5. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    wow... seems u have 2 warriors 7 in ur badminton bag :) at the moment i have 1 warriors 7, 1 tornado 800, 1 tornado 700 & 1 attack power 9 in my bag... i would love to try enigma... i heard enigma got 2 types of shaft that are elastic & firm? any review on this?

6. petergade

petergade Regular Member

AFAIK, enigma haven't reach SG yet. will ask the badminton shop if they can bring in. also vigor...=)

7. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    here in malaysia, flypower is known as ASG... i also search for their website and found 2 websites using the different name; ASG and flypower... can someone explain to me is there any difference between flypower and asg? and which one is their official name?thanx.. :) btw, here are the websites:

1)http://www.flypower-arbi.com
    2)http://www.asg-arbi.com

8. Koooko

Koooko Regular Member

Bankers

Both is the same, just the logo.

9. petergade

petergade Regular Member

original shirt...fake name print...:D

5799293708_f5acf1d2a9.jpg

5799293714_7fc3e02520_z.jpg

10. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    i heard enigma 900 comes with a bag with batik design on it? is it true? can some one post a picture of it here? where i can buy it? and how much is it? :)

11. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    still waiting for this bag to reach my place mongoose.. cant wait to have 1... nice batik design...try to search it at asg website but i cant find it also... can i buy it online? or order it from jb or s'pore?

12. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

13. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    i've just bought asg super power 93 which has 2 colours on boths sides (chrome & red colour)... does anyone have tried this racket? any comment or review on it? im going to test it tomorrow night... my 1st impression about it, it has a heavy frame but flexible shaft... not sure whether it's suitable for double or single game... :) any idea?

14. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    hi all, since i am indeed a HS/MK fan, i have purchased both enigma 900 and warriors 7 as well as a bunch of batik shirts...i find both rackets really light!(not usually the type of rackets that i would go for) and i can feel the vibration down to the grip every time i smash/hit the shuttle, is it jst me?? :eek:
    i find it really comfortable using yonex's armortec series such as at800def and at900tech...right now im looking for a flypower racket that has similar qualities to those of the at900tech, any ideas? :)
    i find flypower rackets very attractive and creative especially how they always embed parcels of batik on the rackets...has anyone tried the KALODRA series?the black one looks really nice! :)

15. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    i used to own one. agree with you its has a flexible shaft but packs a punch. imho its suitable for doubles. is yours 4u?

16. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    glad to hear someone used this racket too... :) well, mine is 3u... the frame is heavy... i already remove the original grip and replace it with asg grip... i also tried this racket last week, and i found out that it's suits me for single game... more power for smashing with its head heavy frame... :) what about yours? any review on it?

17. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    mongoose, when i look at your picture, i saw 2 enigmas and 1 tornado 700... are you hard hitter type of player? i mean a player that prefer to do all the smashing? because for me, the person who use these rackets are mostly an attacking player since both models are head heavy type of rackets... :) am i right?

18. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    hi there... i think if u prefer a head heavy racket, then i think u can try tornado 700, 800 or 900 or even u should try warriors 8... warriors 8 is different than 7... 8 has a heavy frame compared to 7... well, if u fell enigma 900 is a light racket, i can give you specific answer on what type of flypower racket that's similar yo yy in terms of frame weight... (i think maybe enigma is a little bit stiffer n heavier than tornado 800 since both racket used by markis kido, a hard hitter type of player)... may i know what type of enigma 900 did you buy nick? actually there are 2 types of enigma shaft, elestic firm & firm... if u choose elastic firm, that's maybe the cause why u fell the racket quite light... i think the firm shaft with head heavy frame will suits you more :)

19. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    yes, my enigma is indeed elastic firm...to be honest i nvr knew the enigma 900 has two shafts...i will definitely check the rackets you suggested...any other recommendations? :)

btw, which is actually asg's latest launched racket?(apart from the enigma, of course :p )...also, do you know which racket sigit budiarto uses?:)
    thx a bunch

20. abimo79

abimo79 Regular Member

private
    Flypower Tornado 800 Review:

Review Date:22 August 2010
    Racquet type: asg Flypower Tornado 800
    Specs : 3UG2
    Flex: Stiff
    Balance: 295mm
    weight: 85+/-2 g (3U-)
    Strings: Yonex BG66
    Tension: 25lbs , 2 Piece Stringing
    Grip: Yonex JP towel grip
    Technology : Woven graphite, high control system, woven carbon tech

First Impression:
    This racquet is the Pro player model used by Indonesia's Markis Kido. Initially , I thought that this color is very nice comprising of overall metallic red on the frame with symmetrical woven/white/silver on the 4 corners. For the first time I handle it, the racket feels slightly even balance rather than headheavy. The weight is rather light for a 3U racquet. Frame shape is regular, aero shaped (similar to AT900T) and have a rather standard isometric shape. The flex of the shaft is rather stiff. The shaft is primarily made of woven graphite and the cap is a control support equivalent of Yonex.

Warm Ups:
    The racket indeed feels really solid. Still getting used to the timing since the strings are new (BG66). But as usual, I start off with baseline to baseline shots. Clears are good, feels like a Yonex AT900T in terms of stiffness. Racket head is stable and well balanced. Reaction time is fast and the driving or flat play is good. The racquet is stable in cutting thru the air and feels a bit stiff when hitting with backhands.

Game Time:
    I like the feel of serving low using this racket, the ergonomic cap/cone aids in the accuracy. Flick serve is great as well. Net play is good and control is excellent as the 'feeling' is there. Sliced and reversed sliced shots are excellent as one can 'feel' the shots coming off the string bed. When comes to time reaction, I would say that this racket is good. Above average defense since the racquet is not too head heavy. Smashes are good with this racquet as the stiffness is where the power comes from. Control is good. Overall, I find this racquet plays very similar to Yonex AT900T.

Conclusion:

What can you complain when you can have a good all-around racquet? Probably the racquet paintjob quality is not aesthetically pleasing upon close inspection. I’m satisfied with how it plays though. This racquet is excellent for control at the net, clears to the corners, sliced shots and general all round play. Probably, not the best smashing racquet, but the control makes up for it.

Feel: 8/10
    Control: 9/10
    Power: 8.5/10
    Defense: 8.5/10
    Maneuverability: 8.5/10

Pros : affordable price, general all around play

Cons: Rather poor paint job

Suitability : beginner/Intermediate/Advance doubles & singles racquet.