Chen Jin ( 陈金 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 9, 2008.

1. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

CJ on LD's half is okay, CL on LD's half is also no problem. LD will go thru them as well. but for LCW, both could be pretty hard opponent. hehe

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Chen Jin with Lin Dan or Chen long with Lin Dan makes no difference for the later.

He would get a warm up pass to the final either way.

Whereas Chong Wei a hell lot of difference.

If facing Chen long it's a real double heavy load if he pulls through.

I am sure either one of the Chen will Chen him hard hard, so you can forget Pete :D

3. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    And to add to his struggle, he has just recovered from a shoulder injury..that wouldnt make him perform to his maximum ability which is tragic...any Chen will spell trouble to him now in the semis or even Lee Hyunil if they meet again

4. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Chong Wei shoulder has been reported to have recover but who knows old wound do opens up :D.

5. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Means less attacking play from his side...which has been the main source of his winning points. Without the lethal smashes he produced from his tremendous speed, lee chong wei is less threatening compared to what he was in Wembley last year...he might struggle to beat the defensive players...so it all comes down his wits and trickshots..

6. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    If he plays like that, that's good for him at the moment! All of his opponents have been training hard defending and now comes a trickshots player !! :D

7. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    From the record, he has actually a very good record in major tournament like OG and World Championships..he has never fail to reach at least the semifinal and go home empty handed..

I think he has the potential to bag a medal of any colour in London this year (if he makes it of course)

8. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

maybe LCW shoulder injury is just an undercover. hehe

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Jin as I've said before hasn't been quite himself lately. The Olympic qualification year where he played practically non-stop 22 tournaments probably took a toll on him physically and mentally. I remembered his OG simulation match against Lin Dan where he was attacking more than usual and pretty well too. Likewise his last match with Lee CW also exhibited his attacking abilities despite ending in defeat.

Since just before the Olympics and during it, he has been going downhill, even withdrawing, not just losing, in the early rounds of a couple of tournaments.

He is 26 now, born Jan 10,1986, not many fruitful years left if he doesn't regain his form soon. Surprisingly,even the Chinese media isn't talking much about him. Chen Jin sidelined but not forgotten I hope. Really tough to be a CHN player. Beginning to miss him.

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

I read from somewhere he's getting married soon too?:)

11. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

looks like CBA's rule on players relationship not that tight anymore? and that thanks to Lin Dan, maybe? :D

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    It's a natural thing; happens in many sports all over the world. Besides, I don't think CBA ever had a problem with relationships forming between players. I recall somewhere that they acknowledged it was bound to happen, and that preventing it would have more negative effects.

Remember a little guy called Sun Jun? :D He got married; know who? :D:D:D

13. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Isn't the possibility of reproducing better badminton players much higher if the top female badminton players marry top mail badminton players? Just like pure bred horse? :D

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

err... Ge Fei? Thanks Google :p

15. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

but i think CBA used to not permitted their players make a relationship (esp between players) because afraid that will disturbing their concentration on the sport? and also that's the reason which make LD and XXF story be special, because they overcome the restriction? but maybe the problem is just on my info. :D

then can't wait the outcome from LD/XXF and LCW/WMC. :D

both should be OG gold medalists?

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes,it's true,if my memory serves me well, I remember reading somewhere too that CBA,years ago,no longer frowns upon romantic relationships within the national team. Li Yongbo adopted a liberal attitude and even went so far as to say,it might actually be a good thing as long as it doesn't interfere with training. In fact,if I'm not wrong, Li Yongbo's wife was his first love, a young 15-yr-old rhythmic gymnast whom he got to know decades ago and fell in love with over time, and until today everyone knows they are a loving couple - so he should understand.:D

Btw,who is Chen Jin marrying and when?

#196 Justin L, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

About Ge Fei, she won two Olympic golds in WD partnering Gu Jun in 1996, Atlanta, and in 2000, Sydney. Her husband Sun Jun, former CHN no.1 and World Champion 1999 and a few other titles, is not an Olympic gold medallist.

As for Ge Fei and Gu Jun's WD partnership,someone once told me their unbroken run of wins is a staggering record no one has come near to breaking, even more dominating and astounding than Yu Yang and Wang Xiaoli's. CMIIW.

18. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I get the impression some sports are more liberal or could be the Head/Director of that Sport. The figure skating pair Shen Xue and Zhao Hongbo, skate together, fell in love, got married & won 2010 figure skating Gold (Winter OG) as husband and wife. That was China's 1st gold in figure skating me thinks. The 2nd pair, Pan Qing and Tong Jian, also admitted they were dating.

19. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I think they were unbeaten from 1996 to 2000, that's about 5 years and they won 2 Olympic golds in that 5 years. Correct me if I'm wrong

20. sophia_z11

sophia_z11 Regular Member

Yes, he just proposed to her girlfriend before Lin Dan's wedding. According to the interview, he will probably get married after the national games in 2013.