APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. KEN_KL MSIA

KEN_KL MSIA Regular Member

Hello, Bros,
    I'm considering Lethal series (7/9/10) vs Vertuoso series, which model good for heavy smashing?
    Pls advice. Many Thanks.

Rgds,,,Ken

2. LightSaber

LightSaber Regular Member

Smasher
    if you're looking for lethal series, go for higher end. L60/L90/L100/ the new L110. they are good for heavy smashing. Among those, i've tried L60... good fro smashing indeed but i still prefer my T200.

had a chance to play with YY ARC10 which have similar spec (even balance, stiff shaft) with T200. ARC 10 feels more solid and a little bit heavier than T200. IMO, T200 can really challenge ARC10 in every aspect except, drop shot, ARC10 is excellent in this department.

But value for money, T200 still the best. the price is 1/3 cheaper than an ARC10.

3. KEN_KL MSIA

Hello, Bro,
    Thanks for the advice.

Rgds,,,Ken

4. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

I would say yes, but don't string at a tension 24+ lbs. You have to get your body used to the racket first before you can increase the tension. I would suggest you start with 20-22 lbs. tension and then see if you can clear the shuttle from end to end of the court before you increase the tension. Good luck!

I agree. I actually thought that the Arc10 didn't feel as great as the T200 because the T200 actually has a thicker frame and the Arc10 is a slimmer frame. I also feel a lot safer playing with the T200 because it's a solid racket but also because if it breaks while I'm stringing or during a game, I'm like "Awwwww, there goes $80 for this T200 :(" vs. "F***, there goes $200 for this damn Arc10!"

5. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Use to own T200 as well and is a good racket for power and smashes. Best part is the pricing :)
    It may not be suitable for beginner due to its stiffness and wrong technique may cause injuries.
    Optionally it can be strung at lower tension to begin with and slowly move up according to your adaptibility

6. nic96

nic96 Regular Member

Hi all ,

What is your opinion on the apacs lethal light power racket ?
    Do recommend me some other rackets for offensive play and my budget will be about SGD$100 , thanks !

Regards,
    Nic:)

7. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    emm.. there are a lot of Apacs racket for offensive below SGD100.

8. nic96

nic96 Regular Member

Thanks for your reply ,
    what are the models that you would recommend ?
    And also , what is your take on Apacs foray 300 vs Apacs lethal series rackets ?

Regards

9. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    lethal series, slayer series and lurid series are all excellent racket. Foray are quite new. never had experience with it.

10. nic96

nic96 Regular Member

Oh , how about lethal light power or lethal light special ?

11. KEN_KL MSIA

Bro,
    Perhaps you may go for Lethal 9/10.

Rgds,,,Ken

12. nic96

nic96 Regular Member

Hey !
    I was looking for lethal 10 , but the shop i went to told me that lethal 10 is a old model and there might not be any stock left , so he suggested me to get the lethal light power/special .
    So do you think that the lethal light power/special is similar to lethal 10 ? What are the difference (other than weight) of these rackets and which one should i get ?

Regards

13. kvyra

kvyra Regular Member

One thing to note for SG apacs buyers, for most of the models up to 2012(to my knowledge) the apacs available for distro in Singapore are mostly re-badged/re-painted MY models. E.G. Lethal 7 is badged Lethal offensive in Singapore, slightly different paint job, playability is identical(personally tested). If you see for e.g. Lethal 7 in SG, they are parallel imports from MY, nothing wrong here, just fyi. There are also models that are not available in MY via official channels or available via parallel import like the Tweet series.

I guess where I am going with this is, if you are in Singapore and you are getting recommendations like Lethal 10 etc from other forummers, you might have difficulty finding official distro Lethal 10s in SG, because it is usually 'disguised' as something else, the paintjob will be similar e.g Lethal 10 is blue-ish if I'm not wrong. Hence you might be holding a racket that you are after, just that it's called something else at Queensway or w/e your regular shop is.

That said, after all the racket's I have used, nothing beats my 12 year old Apacs Armorpower 800!!! Damn awesome racket.

14. nic96

nic96 Regular Member

Hey , I don't quite get what u meant though ..
    What did you meant by "if you are in Singapore and you are getting recommendations like Lethal 10 etc from other forummers, you might have difficulty finding official distro Lethal 10s in SG, because it is usually 'disguised' as something else" and "Hence you might be holding a racket that you are after, just that it's called something else at Queensway or w/e your regular shop is."
    Can you elaborate more on this ?
    Thanks bro !

Regards

15. kvyra

kvyra Regular Member

They rebadged it for marketing purposes(I personally think its dumb), example the Lethal Offensive and Lethal 7 is one and the same racket. This was confirmed to me by the boss of Honly in JB, and I personally went down to smashsports at Simei with a lethal 7 to compare and trial swing a Lethal Offensive and it's identical only the cosmetic paintjob is different and obviously the SG version is called Lethal Offensive instead of Lethal 7. Hence I said in my earlier post that if you want to find Lethal 7s in Singapore, you won't find it unless you walk into a shop which has a parallel imported Lethal 7 because the official name for SG distro is Lethal Offensive.

16. LightSaber

LightSaber Regular Member

Smasher
    Asian-Troll-Face-150x150.jpg
    man... i think all those low end lethal series play identical. the difference is the cosmetic.

17. nic96

nic96 Regular Member

Hi ,
    Pardon me for asking these question as I'm kinda new to badminton , which series of apacs rackets are clone of yonex rackets ?
    Regards

18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

There is no one serie. They have rackets that look like Yonex but don't play like it and they have rackets that don't look like it but play more like it :D ...

19. nic96

nic96 Regular Member

Thanks for your reply , from what I know , they are in someway similar , e.g the armor power series and armor tech series rackets .. Other than this series , what are the other series of rackets that are similar ?
    Regards

20. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    Apacs Nano power 900, red, white and black.