Ridiculous Rule at Lee's?

Discussion in 'Lee's Badminton Training Centre' started by GunBlade008, May 7, 2009.

1. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    I've been a member for quite awhile and found that they are more lenient with rules when it comes to playing in their courts. However, I saw a notice posted on their bulletin board proclaiming:

"No Lee's player/member is allowed to coach/train another player. Coaching and Training is reserved for our professional coaches who will ensure quality. Any player/member found violating this rule will be dismissed from the facility and membership will be terminated."

My friends and I like to do drills when we have the time, and I guess that could be considered 'training' to many people, but does anyone have more clarification on this rule? Is it pertaining to only those players/members that try to charge money to train/coach or is it universal?

If it is indeed universal, I don't think I will be renewing my membership there anymore.

2. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I never have had problem with this rule. I train/play with my girlfriend there all the time and even use their birds for drilling.

Is this notice newly posted???

3. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    Its on the main bulletin board, dated March 30, 2009 I think

4. felixs

felixs Regular Member

i go other 3 times a week, the context is a little off. It just pretty much means that coaches from other clubs can't come and use their courts. You can do drills no problem. In fact, they even have that half court (court 8) for footwork and nets etc like drilling. Its not as a big deal as u think it is.

5. dex

dex Regular Member

Student

It says No Lee's player/member is allowed to coach/train another player.....Does that mean that players can't even spar with each other? This is the most ridicious rules I ever heard of!

6. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Like felixs has said, this rule is targeted at private coaches who intend to use their courts for coaching purpose. I have been using their court, whenever is available, to train with my girlfriend and they have never said one thing about it, even when Jennifer is right next to us.

7. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    Either the person who made up the notice did not write properly or Lee's is not carrying out their rules they set up!

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I assume their "training" means "training invloves with $$$". I am pretty sure drills among friends or family does not count.