Jan O Jorgensen

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by TedTheFarmer, Oct 24, 2009.

1. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    it really depends on different types of denim...there are the sanforised and unsanforised...the ones i buy don't shrink a lot...i actually size down my jeans because they stretch a bit after 1-2 weeks of wear...anyway back on topic...lol

2. shosasakigamba

shosasakigamba Regular Member

Buyer
    Good expose in the latest BWF channel episode. JOJ talks about his tatoos, music interests and Axelsen and HK talk about how they have to tear his attention away from girls. HK also mentions he sometimes holidays with JOJ, now that would be a cool Lads holiday, Aya Napa with the Danish team

3. shosasakigamba

Buyer
    Think it probably deserves a thread all of its own if there isnt already one.

JOJs ''top knot'' hair cut just tuned in, wow thats some statement hair!!!

4. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    tough luck...JOJ needs more experience...he often crumbles under these situations and tends to play too safely...he is a good attacking player and should utilize more of his own skills

5. terranova

terranova Regular Member

See him surfacing suddenly in IBL in last minute replacement for banga beats but again last minute they replace him with Indian player
    Looks like he will place in tomorrow crunch tie vs Hyderabad :)

6. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    I really can't fathom what kind of player is JOJ - he sometimes plays amazingly well and at other
    times, poorly...

7. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    me too...he is sometimes an attacking player...other times rallying...confused. he's got what it takes to be top 5. he just needs to be more consistent. sometimes he plays like an amateur, very frustrating to watch.

8. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Agree. There were times where he played brilliantly but also times when he just blew it away.

Was wondering if this inconsistency could be due to the emotional aspect of his game.

It seems to me that his emotional state affects his play.. if things are going well, he becomes more confident and plays even better but when it is going badly, hmm... his play seems to be more erratic

Just my two cents worth

9. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

Not impressed with his attitude in the final. Tells Tago not to influence the line judge yet he does it far more often himself.

Other than that, well played match, pity it didn't go to 3 games.

10. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Your observation is spot on.
    JOJ tends to be mercurial in play and behavior and 27/10/2013 was one of his 'good' days.
    He was not affected even though he had to play catch-up and it's a pity that KT did not capitalize on his leads in both games and lost 19-21, 21-23. KT has so far reached the finals of 6 SS tournaments and obviously is a champion in waiting. Hopefully, we don't have to wait too long to see him win.

11. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    Well... he is Wang Zhengming's long lost cousin in Denmark, both are equally briliant at times and equally inconsistent most of the times.

12. arowana

arowana Regular Member

-
    read an article in the web, at badminton dk or somewhere, and what you call consistency is basically about his level of play. It was written that he knows he has to raise his level of play to compete with the big guns (they where talking about Chen Long).

At a moment his standard is a notch below, so he has to play above his head against the real top players and he does not put aside weaker competition like the top asian players do.

They are working on raising his level, it was said it is a long process, but felt he is capeable of getting there. I guess getting help from Kenneth Jonassen is an obvious sign that Jan is doing everything he can to max out his potential.

#212 arowana, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  13. shosasakigamba

Buyer
    So how about todays performance from JOJ? He shut WZM out the game and made him look ordinary. With this kind of form he will be pushing the best the rest of the Super Series Finals event. The badminton musketeer.

14. ein_roboter

ein_roboter Regular Member

Student
    I absolutely like him as a player; he's the type of ambassador we in Europe definitely need for badminton. Ofcourse there are the magnificent LCW, LD, CL etc. but he's the perfect guy to promote our sport here. He looks like a rebel with the tattoo's, funky coloured outfits, long hair and great fighting spirit on court. Making it look 'cool' to play badminton! Don't get me wrong, but I can speek for The Netherlands that badminton has quite an image problem over here.

Technique wise; he definitely was on a roll against WZM! Outclassing him in every possible way. It's great to see skilled Danish male single players on a rise, with him leading the pack. He's definitely an exciting player to look out for!

15. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Danish singles not really impressive, miss the days of Peter Gade..

16. loveallplayy

loveallplayy Regular Member

seriously, his style of play is really boring... i think this is the furthest he can go. say wr#3 or a bronze medal in WC.

bet axelsen can do better than him, in consideration of his height....

17. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Wow. Well, different strokes for different folks I guess, but "boring" is probably the last word I would use to describe Jan's style. I think he has one of the most exciting games, he is extremely fast around the court and a very attacking player.

18. visor

visor Regular Member

After watching the Japan Open 2014 SF of him against Hu Yun, my respect for his professionalism has diminished somewhat. Don't know if the pressure of the match was getting to him or not, but in the third game especially, he was constantly challenging the young female umpire. Even at the end of the match, he was complaining to her.

He would complain that Hu Yun's fluke back hand shot did not cross the net, when it so obviously did to both the umpire and the service judge. And several times he complained that Hu Yun's net kill was at fault for taking it before crossing the net, when this decision was solely up to the umpire to decide.

Probably he was taking advantage of the inexperience of the young female umpire, but I would hate to play against him in social games where there's no umpire present.

Not cool...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5sn1-cMTJw

#218 visor, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I saw him complaining and protesting to the lady umpire a few times but watching it on livestream with no close-ups I couldn't tell what it was about. Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, he shouldn't do it so many times, somewhat bad for his image and sportsmanship, I think.

20. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    JOJ always had problems to play at a high level consecutively - he never can produce his A game
    twice in a row. But he definitely is reaching a new level but needs to find consistency.