RKEP Grip

Discussion in 'Grip' started by perfectgravity, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Yeap! SO much nicer to use than Yonex or RKEP tape. It's slimmer, stickier, tighter fitting and still leaves no residue. With the other tape supplied by the manufacturers, I always used to get crinkles and wrinkles at the top (unless wrapped incredibly tight), even then, after a while they used to get air gaps. Nitto tape so far has stayed on tight and is easier to wrap :)

2. :renegade:

:renegade: Regular Member

Can't wait for my nitto tape to arrive.

3. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    I agree with Naim. The two things I had gripes about with the RKEP, yonex, and Karakal tape was that they always crinkled at the top and they would always start to unravel if you did it too tight.... but if you taped it loose you would get the crinkles. Nitto tape absolutely covered both those criteria quite nicely in that it's very easy to stretch and it binds to the racket without crinkling. And the end part of the tape seems to be very tight on and won't be unraveling anytime soon.

Anyway back on subject, I would actually say the power master is better handling sweat than the ultimate grip contrary to what Squash Eric says. Probably due to its softer surface and its numerous indents to give it more gripping area.

4. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Whew, glad I ordered some white Power Masters. MX80 Looks good with white grip. *thumbsup*

5. tyshk

tyshk Regular Member

No~~~~ I like orange!!!!
    Could you consider to put orange G09L in stock pls!!! = =+

6. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Ok, so in todays session with I had very different experiences with the VT80 and MX80 compared to normal, and I can't help but think the grips had something to do with it.

Firstly, swapping both rackets to G11 grip (VT80 Yellow and MX80 White) considerably changed the BP's, MX80's dropped from 301mm (Super Grap) down to 295mm and VT80's dropped from around 314mm down to 306mm.

Today, I had a much easier time getting power from my VT80, and found it less demanding to use as well. Now whether it's because my shoulder is stronger now after taking a few days break after my last injury (as a result of the VT80) or also because the new gripping made it less head heavy, I have no idea. My guess is it's a little bit to do with both.

Oddly, I was getting a lot less power from my MX80 as well. I just couldn't explain it as usually I'm hitting so solidly and clearing/smashing with ease. But today I was struggling a bit and had to put in more effort than usual. Also kept mis-timing hits by swinging too fast.

At first I thought it was probably just my shoulder, but now I'm almost convinced the new grips and the amended BP's had something to do with it, even if small. People say that the weight and BP differences overgrips provide are insignificant, but I honestly disagree. I actually think they can make noticeable differences. Especially RKEP grips that tend to be a fair bit heavier than Super Grap.

In any case, I've left yellow G11 on my VT80 as my go to overgrip for that racket, but switched back to Super Grap for my MX80. I just feel the lighter Super Grap overgrip and added head heaviness really help the MX80 deliver that extra smidgen of power. Whereas with the VT80, the RKEP G11 makes the racket a little bit less demanding to use and more maneuverable.

#486 Naim.F.C, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  7. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Also on a side note, not only did Yellow G11 drop my VT80's BP by nearly 8mm compared to Super Grap, it also took my rackets total weight from 90.5g to 92.4g. Nearly 2g heavier, though I did grip it ending a bit higher up than usual (by about 1-2cm). Also, despite being a lighter (4U) racket, it is now actually heavier than my Super grapped 91.8g (3U) MX80. Still, at the moment I'm content with the changes.

I think so far of all the grips I've used, Yellow G11 is my fave yet. Just a shame it's so heavy, otherwise I'd have used it on my MX80 as well. Just love the little ventilation holes. Really add grip imo. If there's a Super Grap version with holes in it, would love to try it. Though I'll stick with G11 for my VT80 for now.

#487 Naim.F.C, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  8. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Props again to Eric for his amazing customer service and shipping - 4 days from Order to Receipt is just fantastic.

The RKEP Supermaster is a very good substitute for Karakal PU Super. It's not as soft or stretchy, but I think this is a plus. I've regripped all my go-to's with it so Tuesday I'll have a good session and report back. So far, so good.

One disappointing part though, is that the Blue colour isn't 'blue' - it's Turquoise. Eric, if you could get the same blue that's on the BS12, that would be ideal, but luckily the 'Blue' looks good on my BS10 so no biggie.

9. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    yes eric..finally. i oso feel G09 tend to be too stiffed. looking forward to G08.....reserve for me red/yellow if the stock arrived :p pre-order.....:D

now i am using G06 and YY AC102 as go-to.

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Can you take a pic of those lightblue ones? Which of these is it closer to? A heads up for the G09L, the left is the light "blue" (more like lila to me). The green is awesome, well the rest including the green actually look like those on the G09 pic: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140427550953

Attached Files:

#490 demolidor, May 17, 2011
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
  11. Squash Eric

Squash Eric Regular Member

trading company
  12. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Hey Eric,

I've just spent a day using the Powermaster, and while I like it, I think because it's not as compressible as the PR Super, that it's actually too thick.

I have a big hand, and on my G4 rackets with only 3mm of overlap, it's just a smidge too thick. I wonder how others with regular size hands find it?

13. :renegade:

:renegade: Regular Member

Just received my nitto tape. Take 14 days to arrived... Yeah, its slimmer than electrical tape.

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Okay, thanks for the info. I just noticed for the colour description of G09 it is called Lavender (the one that is called 'Light Blue' for G09L). Lavender I would say is indeed the correct name for this colour ...

15. tyshk

tyshk Regular Member

Got my order today!!! The G09L is soft and tacky!!! Thanks Eric!
    I use to put TAAN 950 on my rackets and the G09L feels similar to that, but the thing is it is softer and longer in size.

16. nanocrazy

nanocrazy Regular Member

Can we get Nitto tape in any other colours than white or black? MBS stores only white/black.. Arc10 with red grip and red string would go well with a red nitto :)

17. monticore

monticore Regular Member

i just grab a small pack of green/white/red/blue/yellow electrical tape at my local hardware storw works great , can just trim it if too wide for your liking.

cory

18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Just put on the PowerMaster Purple :cool: Feels very tacky (as expected from earlier comments which is why I ordered the Super Softs :p). A bit like the ArcSaber stock grip which I am trying to locate right now :D. I'm sure you sweating buckets folks will be enjoying it. Have nothing left that needs an overgrip right now so can't compare yet with the Super Softs ...

(looks close to the purple Yonex polo that KKK/TBH were wearing at the WC 2010 in Paris)

[​IMG]

#498 demolidor, May 22, 2011
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
  19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

That would be "replacement grip"

20. avengers88

avengers88 Regular Member

Hey guys, wanted to ask, u guys put the powermaster replacement grip then put G09 overgrip on top ? Would it make the racquet grip bigger ??
    It is not necessary to put the overgrip right ?