elite back up/back up player 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Jan 6, 2010.

1. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Would Roslin Hashim be good?
    That is the question :p

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    roslin should be, he was trained in the old 15 points and new 21 point scoring system so can be consider a fresh 'graduate'!

or we can say, better than hendrawan with 2 hands!

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Chance for Wei Shem to prove he deserves Thomas Cup spot

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/4/4/sports/5991566&sec=sports

For now, we have an idea on who to be named in the team. But we want to use the ABC as a final stage to assess the players,” he said.

“I want the coaches to have another look at the players’ performances in the ABC before we make the final pick. I have included Wei Shem-Kok Siang at the last minute and hopefully they will take their chances well,” said Rexy.

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Kwong Beng hopes to give Chinese players a run for their money

KUALA LUMPUR: Back-up shuttler Chan Kwong Beng has not played against a player from China over the last three years.
    And he is excited over the prospect of meeting more than one of them at the Asian championships (ABC), which will be held in New Delhi from April 12-18.
    The world number 52 has been drawn to play against Wang Zhengming in the opening round. And if he gets past the Chinese junior, he should be up against former world junior champion Chen Long in the second round.
    With steadier performances over the last one year, Kwong Beng hopes to give the Chinese players a run for their money.
    “I have not played against a Chinese player after many years. I played against Chen Hong once before three years ago and was beaten in straight games,” he said.
    “Zhengming is two years my junior and he is a skilful player. This time, I am more confident with my preparation and I will be out to give good fights.
    “Playing against Chinese players will also give me the opportunity to find out where I stand on current form.”
    Although Kwong Beng is on a losing battle as far as his selection for the Thomas Cup Finals squad is concerned, the 22-year-old has not given up hope.
    “I know my chances of making the squad are not as bright as several other back-up players. But good performances in the ABC may sway the coaches’ decision,” said Kwong Beng, whose best result was a runner-up finish in the Malaysian International Challenge last year.
    “Thanks to regular sparring with (Lee) Chong Wei, I play a faster game than I used to do and I hope to be able to maintain my speed in a bid to achieve a breakthrough there (in New Delhi).”
    National coach Misbun Sidek said that Kwong Beng had improved and hoped that the latter would be able to rise to the challenge.
    “I want him to chalk up his best results in India. Good results will certainly give me better grounds to recommend him for major tournaments,” he said.
    Besides Kwong Beng, Malaysia’s other representatives in the men’s singles at the ABC are Tan Chun Seang, Chong Wei Feng, Kuan Beng Hong, Lok Chong Chieh and Mohd Hafiz Hashim.
    The top two seeds are Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia and China’s three-time world champion Lin Dan.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/4/6/sports/5997314&sec=sports

let's see whether he can beat wang zheng ming of china or not;)

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    its funny to saw ow yao han name in the squad provided he is now preparing the wjc:rolleyes:
    the writer is as pro as always:D
    anyhow
    let see the outcome

6. undeadshot

I think Ow Yao Han will train with Chooi Kah Ming after the World Junior Championships with Yew Hong Kheng...... :confused:

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The writer explain already, after WJC only Ow join. TKH so kan cheong mah, lol.
    But they forgot abt WKW in XD. She should be listed together with TWK but looks like TKH only train MD, no XD.:D

8. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    it's so good to see 4 of these coaches together - rm, tkh, rr & pcc. all these doubles players, elites and back-up, wonder right now if they know they are the luckiest people in doubles badminton world! let's shake the world!!!

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    hopefully the change of md partner will go acording to what we speculate ;)

10. undeadshot

I certainly hope that this pair can do well, they are still young, may they emulate Chai Biao/Zhang Nan.

11. eaglehelang

Now that Mak/TWK training under TKH, then possible Mak will change MD partner also ;)

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    tkh mention that he hope there will be no more reshuffle after this:crying:
    a bad news to me and u:mad:

13. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    tkh should be right no more reshuffle otherwise he would have a hard time himself...

14. eaglehelang

Ya kah? Which article? The Star put it as in place until TC, that's why I think there will be more changes. You know lah, if top guns in BAM change coaching positions after May....;)

Anyway, Yew Hong Kheng, Tan Wee Tat, Goh Sze Onn are not in the back up list yet. Even if they dont win WJC this year, Yew is still 2X AJC runner up with Ow. If Ow partner Chooi, Yew need a partner also.

But yeah, I was hoping Mak will partner back Teo KS & they let TWK focus on XD.

#234 eaglehelang, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    forget which news article liao
    relax
    usually the procedure is done at december for those bjss to back up
    but tkh act really fast to prevent oyh to quit;)
    let ojg,cps,lkw and twk concentrate in xd:D
    we have enough md player:D

16. undeadshot

Teo Kok Siang + Goh Wei Shem, they managed to pass the qualifying rounds of MO but lost to Koreans Shin/Kim in 3 games early this year. Mak/Teo were world junior champions but they have never paired up for quite long, isn't it? :(

17. undeadshot

Mak/Tan and Hoon/Ong in quarters.

Teo/Goh lose easily to Koreans.

Hope Mak/Tan can go all the way, now that they are training with Tan Kim Her.

Hope Hoon/Ong do well too, they're training with Rexy.

18. eaglehelang

While you all talking abt TC team, I'm curious what has happened to Pang Zheng Lin, Chooi's MD partner. He & Chooi not listed for Vietnam IC, and Chooi will be partnering Ow YH in future. Has Pang ZL quit for further studies??

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Malaysia in line for two titles

"The performance of Vivian-Khe Wei is really good as no one expected them to come this far and they have beaten some strong pairs to achieve this. We can safely say we have good back-up for Pei Tty-Eei Hui," said Rexy in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

"Liu Ying and Lim Yin Loo alos played well and almost beat Japan's Miyuki Maeda-Satoko Suetsuna and we also have Ng Hui Lin to consider for the reserve slot.
    [​IMG] Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying will be hoping to win their first title since pairing together two years ago. "I need to get the report of the coaches on Hui Lin's fitness and if her condition is not up to the mark for the Uber Cup, then Liu Ying-Yin Loo will get in. But at the moment, all three are in the running.

"As for Peng Soon and Liu Ying, they now have the opportunity to win the title and if they can achieve that, they will be heading for the World Championships with confidence.

"Previously, Peng Soon and Liu Ying were struggling as they have been focusing more on trying to qualify for the Thomas and Uber Cup squads but I'm glad they have concentrated on doing well in the mixed doubles in New Delhi."

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/psdvnio_asmop/Article/index_html

Khe Wei-Vivian prove Uber Cup credentials by reaching ABC final

“I just cannot express how I feel today. I was really exhausted after playing against the Indonesians yesterday (on Friday). My whole body was trembling during the opening game. I honestly thought that I could not recover,” said Khe Wei.
    “But I kept telling myself not to give up. We encouraged each other and kept reminding ourselves that we could do it. Thankfully, we pulled it off.
    “It feels great to enter our first final in an international tournament. This is my first year playing with Vivian and we are certainly hitting it off well.”
    “Hopefully, I will be able to recover my form tomorrow (today). The odds may be against us but Vivian and I will be out to fight for every point,” said Khe Wei.
    Peng Soon has been quite impressive in training lately and I am not surprised that he is in the final of the ABC meet. Hopefully, they can give their stronger opponents a good fight tomorrow (today),” said Rosman.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/4/18/sports/6080743&sec=sports

20. undeadshot

Khe Wei/Vivian Hoo will definitely lose today. Pan Pan/Tian Qing is too strong.
    CPS/GLY has a better chance. :) but still they have played a lot of rubber.