Rexy cracks whip

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by george@chongwei, Jan 2, 2008.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

OT again: So did I. I was merely mentioning the fact that despite winning so many trophies for Manchester United, he still failed to win the ultimate prizes :cool:

#121 badMania, Jan 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I'm not ranting for sure. I'm just admiting my mistakes. And i don't paint whatever picture that you've mentioned. Who play with fire will get burned.

3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Well done then.

4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Enjoy your evening sir.

5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

"I am not defending Koo Kien Keat here, BUT, lets be fair to him...let me stress that he has won the All England and Asian Games Gold. Both are considered MAJOR TITLES TOO!"

"To most badminton fans (even Chinese fans), YES, an Asian Games GOLD is considered a MAJOR TITLE!"

This is the comical part. You said the Asian games gold is a major title. You based your opinion on most badminton and chinese fans consider the AG gold as a major title (source?? :confused:). And when asked for your opinion whether you consider the AG gold as in the same category as the WC or Olympic gold, you cant even give a straight answer. :D What happened to your claims bout most badminton and chinese fans consider the AG gold as a biggie!!?

Check with NSC ... ahhh okay dokey ;) And by the way, KKK/TBH AG gold was not Msia's first ever badminton gold medal in the AG. We won it 6 times before KKK/TBH.

Been nice chatting, dude.

#125 Pemuda, Jan 10, 2008
  6. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    If the intention is to get this thread locked, we're surely getting there :)

7. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    mr. old hand,this is the 3rd time u have been giving signals.

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

My mistake then...I think it should be Malaysia's first gold in badminton after 30 over years. Correct me again if I am wrong :cool:

As for the source, u have it here:
    "如果说亚运会有哪些项目的水平堪比奥运会,那么羽毛球一定算其中之一了,除了丹麦,羽毛球强国基本上都集中在亚洲,可以说羽球亚运会的冠军含量绝对不低于奥运会."

"If we were to select which sport in the Asian Games will be considered equal in standards to the Olympics, then Badminton must be one if it. Apart from Denmark, most of the badminton-strong countries are concentrated in Asia. So, the worthyness of a title winner of the Asian Games is definitely not lower than that of an Olympics Games.

"如果杨维/张洁雯能够顺利登顶,他们就将成就奥运会、亚运会和世锦赛大满贯的伟业。"

If Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen were to win, then they would achieve the rare distinction of having won the Grand Slams: the Olympics, Asian Games and World Championships.

"12月9日的亚运会男单决赛,陶菲克单臂握拳怒吼之时,宣告了这位最年轻的集奥运、亚运、世锦赛金牌于一身的大满贯得主并没有退出舞台."

On the 9th Dec, the final of the Men's Singles event, Taufik Hidayat. the youngest ever winners of the Olympics, Asian Games and World Championships, the Grand Slams, finally declared that he has still no intention to retire from the court.

"四大滿貫: 奧運會,世界羽毛球錦標賽,亞運會,全英羽毛球賽"
    The Four Grand-Slams: Olympics, World Championships, Asian Games and All-England.

So, I rest my case. It's up to u whether or not to consider an Asian Games gold as a major title, but, u can see that most ppl do consider it as a major achievement :cool:

#128 badMania, Jan 10, 2008
  9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Just my 6 sen rupiahs-Perhaps..

..a patient person, our Oldhand is, isn't he??..:):cool:..I think this thread will "die" down on its own, if the same people who've been responding to Pemuda's posts decide to cease responding??..:confused:
    ..hmm, i think Pemuda acknowledges the accomplishments from KKK (and his many partners). But, i guess, what Pemuda is clamoring for is an accomplishment, a loftier accomplishment, where M'sia's name will be recognized "internationally" in an "international" badminton event, such as the Olympics. I believe he already stated that he will retract and take back all his criticisms of KKK (and his many playing partners), if they can bring home an OG Gold for M'sia; and i think he will. In a way, his arguments could be somewhat of a challenge for the M'sia squad to bring an OG Gold, if possible now, considering the future of badminton in the Olympics could be in jeopardy (after 2012).
    In Pemuda's "eyes", even if the source of the quotes came from a CHN-based source, the AG is not as "valuable" as OG or even WC because it doesn't showcase ALL the top BWF players?? Or the AG could be on the same level as say the Commonwealth Games?? Or maybe the AG is not one of BWF's sanctioned event, thus reducing its importance??..:confused:

*Btw, for those who haven't read, Pemuda just wrote a mini-bio Intro. abt himself, here;):
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51284

#129 ctjcad, Jan 10, 2008
  10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Thank you sir for taking the trouble to provide me with all those opinions.

Allow me, to provide you with the facts taken from ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badminton#Competitions

"Individual competition in badminton was a demonstration event in the 1972 and 1988 Summer Olympics. It became a Summer Olympics sport at the Barcelona Olympics in 1992. The 32 highest ranked badminton players in the world participate in the competition, and each country submitting three players to take part. In the BWF World Championships, only the highest ranked 64 players in the world, and a maximum of three from each country, can participate in any category.
    All these tournaments, along with the BWF World Junior Championships, are level one tournaments.
    At the start of 2007, the BWF also introduce a new tournament structure: the BWF Super Series. This level two tournament will stage twelve open tournaments around the world with 32 players (half the previous limit). The players collect points that determine whether they can play in Super Series Final held at the year end.[14][15]
    Level three tournaments will consist of Grand Prix Gold and Grand Prix. Top players can collect the world ranking points and enable them to play in the BWF Super Series open tournaments. These include the regional competitions in Asia (Badminton Asia Championships) and Europe (European Badminton Championships), which produce the world's best players as well as the Pan America Badminton Championships.
    The level four tournaments, known as International Challenge, International Series and Future Series, encourages participation by junior players.[16]"

11. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i fully agree. what we all need to do is to stop responding to pemuda's posts. there will be no arguments if only one person is doing the talking. let him be with his opinions. :)

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..i know, for sure..

..there will be..........laughter if one keeps replying to his/her own posts..:rolleyes:

13. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    laughter, yes....getting locked, also highly probable. :D due to high content of insanity. :) no offense intended.

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

if the situation still continue,

90% this thread will be locked...:D:D

10%, hmm......:D:p

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..heh?!..how can you lock a thread @ 90%??..It's either locked 100% or unlocked 100%...:confused: :rolleyes: ;)

OK, i hope this thread doesn't get closed...And let all the cooler & sane heads prevail!!..:cool:

#135 ctjcad, Jan 10, 2008
  16. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Closing a thread is unfair to those who intend to yet contribute :)
    So long as we remain on track and stay away from 'the personal', we have no need for locks ;)

By the way, this wikipedia entry was written by one of our members - Gollum :)

17. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    rexy cracks whip once n we discussed it for 6-8 pages.same issue,same facts,all around in a circle.n i couldnt do nothing.
    just read them n get a headache.

18. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    you can do something koo_fan. you can stop reading. i only read this thread when i am looking for a headache :D