Taufik Hidayat - The Independent Pro

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Jan 30, 2009.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmmm...

..PBSI might consider it, but realizing Taufik has used the excuse of "Mulyo not being part of PBSI, thus i won't join the national squad", i doubt he'll be back to the squad and play in those events.
    So, imo, to put it kindly, i think it's safe to say Taufik is on his own, from now on.
    ..you got that right!:p..As soon as cooler & Hau-ge jump in, this thread has multiplied to 3 pages in no time...;)
    ...another thing to consider is, Chen Hong, as an example, has already gone the "independent route", yet have we seen any major accomplishment or titles from him??
    So far, only Zhou Mi comes to mind as an ex-national sponsored player who has done pretty well, playing "independently" (she could be part of HK's National team).

Btw, has anyone seen/read any transcript of Taufik's planned farewell speech/news conference to the media/press??..:confused:

*cooler, tis a good news, as Toronto should be able to have him come to make-up for his absence in last yr's exhibition.;)

#21 ctjcad, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    Aish. I come back to BC after an extended absence, I see a popular TH thread, click it with a certain degree of excitement.. and then find that it's been ruined by the usual semi-literate trolling.. gah.

Either way, good luck to Taufik. He is a magic player, and for me the most exciting person to watch on court.

3. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Caution

Posts that resembled garbage have been sent to the garbage bin.
    Posts that referenced the garbage have been similarly dispatched.

Please post further if you have an argument that doesn't read like abuse.

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Taufik Hidayat would be at the ready if Indonesia needed him

Yes, I have read this one: click here

And it is from there, I read that Taufik would participate in Individual tournaments, like the Super Series, on his own. However, he said that he would be at the ready if Indonesia needed him for Inter-Nations events, like the Thomas Cup, Sudirman Cup, etc...

Speaking from Australia, our professional Tennis players have been doing this for decades. They participate in Individual tournaments on their own, but return to form the Australian National Team for the Davis Cup , Hopman Cup, etc...

So it's a surprise to find you saying that you doubt Taufik will be back to the INA squad.
    Oldhand has sent quite a few posts to the garbage bin. :cool::cool::cool:

5. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I hope more badminton players can become self supporting in the future. I hope Taufik does well like this so it may become an option to others :). I was quite surprised when I heard from the commentary during the Nadal/Verdasco SF at the Australian Open (which was an amazing match!) that Verdasco currently has no coach???? I don't understand how they can get away with that and still make a grand slam semifinal... :S. Brings a whole new meaning to being independent...

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Waiting for TH to get to play against SDK and/or SS at the 2009 AE SS tournament

At least TH still has his coach. :)

It would be interesting if we get to see TH playing against SDK and/or SS at the 2009 AE SS tournament.

7. afkaristan

afkaristan Regular Member

student
    hope it will be good for him

8. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

you can visit his official website and blog :

http://www.taufik-hidayat.com

there is a Press Release for his resignation from National camp.
    he will play at both All England and Swiss Open this year as mentioned in his official blog ......

#28 maa2003, Jan 30, 2009
  9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Time for Taufik and Pelatnas/PBSI to go their separate ways..

..thanks for the link. At first i thought why were there no "Thank yous" or "Appreciative words to PBSI" from Taufik?; but apparently he did mention them in his website.

As for him re-joining the national team, well:
    Yes, he did say "he will be ready if Indonesia needed him".
    And i thought, "So???..."
    However, that's all one gets. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Also considering what he had said in the past (the last 3-4 yrs or so), i still hold to the belief that what he said was just talk. Thus, i still doubt he will re-join or be back to the national squad.
    In other words, i'll believe it when he's actually back in the national squad.
    ..thank you for the link; that's what i was looking for.:cool:

#29 ctjcad, Jan 30, 2009
  10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Here's the press conference transcript..

...courtesy from Taufik's website (as translated most likely by his wife, Ami).
    Main reasons for his resignation: So a "proper regeneration of PB PBSI atheletes would be able to happen smoothly" & to become "a professional badminton player".
    Sub-reason: Coach Mulyo wasn't part of the Pelatnas coaching staff.

http://www.taufik-hidayat.com/article/press_detail.php?newsid=WEB-09-000007
    =========================================================
    2009-01-30 19:36:46

STATEMENT RELEASE TAUFIK HIDAYAT Jakarta, 30 January 2009 For the past 12 years i have practiced and played badminton while living at the National Badminton Training Headquarters (Pelatnas) in Cipayung. And during that time PB PBSI (The Indonesian Badminton Association) has provided me with the chance to share happiness and sadness, to experience the exhilaration of winning and the downside of losing. PB PBSI as the highest badminton organization in Indonesia has teach me about many things in life; on solidarity, independence, on what is right and what is wrong, as well as teaching me on having the highest sense of pride as i look up and were able to watch our flag on the highest platform possible many times before, that Winning is an Attitude. The solidarity and bond that is shared between me and the community in Pelatnas remained the strongest. We have experienced various happy and sad events that people can only possibly dreamed of. That is why, after a long 12 years in Pelatnas, the bond that we share is deeper than that of a working relationship, because we are a part of a dedicated and commited family. In order to leave the family that i have in Cipayung, is not something that i take lightly, but i’ve reminded myself many times before, that in order a proper regeneration of PB PBSI atheletes would be able to happen smoothly, that is why i have reached one of the most difficult decisions of my life, that is to be apart from the management of PB PBSI, and being a professional badminton player. I’ve reached this decision in hopes that it would be able to push as well as accelerate my juniors progress on court. For they also deserve to be recognized by PB PBSI and to be shown faith of their abilities, like many has shown faith and hope in my abilities. I do hope, that with this huge burden , they would be motivate to be the very best. If we were to look at my age and the achievements that i have painstakingly achieved, this period could very well be the perfect opportunity for me to further build my career outside Pelatnas. A plan that have been a long time in the making, could finally be realized at the point where my badminton career credibility could only be seen as positive. For we all know and have learned from past experience of our seniors, many were conditioned to resigned as their achievement dwindle little by little, or because of a continued injury. This is why i forced myself to think practically and effective, in order to ensure that the future of my career and also, my family would not be at risk. But, i do acknowleged the important fact that I’ve come to be what I am now, is owed largely to PB PBSI’s support through out the years. I am sure the gratitude that i speak of for PB PBSI, as they took me under their wings all those years ago, would not be able to fully express the extend of my respect for them. They have been one of the biggest part of my journey through life. Wherever i may be, i would continue my efforts to fight through badminton for our country, because I Believe, that it is not important “Where” do i fight, but for “Whom” i would always be fighting for, which is the same as PB PBSI’s mission, that is for the good of Indonesia. For you Indonesia, Taufik Hidayat

#30 ctjcad, Jan 30, 2009
  11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Coach is just an official title. If he got helpers or assistance behind the scene, he is being trained. Verdasco is currently working with two of the best-credentialled helpers in tennis. Dutchman Sven Groeneveld, former guide of Mary Pierce and Michael Stich, offers coaching advice, while Andre Agassi's former mentor Gil Reyes has helped condition his body during the off-season. I wouldn't mind having a similar no coach status either.

True baddy pros with no coach right now are tony G and candra W. Even our canadian national players, who pay their own travel expenses, compete international tournaments without dedicated coaches. They more or less help each other on and off the road. Whether TH win or lose, it won't be because of he has coaching or not. When he becomes an independent pro, no more excuses.

#31 cooler, Jan 30, 2009
  12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    all the best...i 1 2 see him in ag 2010...^^...if he can win it...no one can surpass him...

13. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Ahh, "helpers", I see :cool:. That makes sense. I rarely get to watch any Tennis so I'm not really up with the goings on. It's actually the first time I've even seen Verdasco :eek:.

14. nipoy

nipoy Regular Member

college student
    Woah! nice thread. for the first time it's all about Taufik.

15. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    good for TAufik and Indonesia..... ....

i want to see a new TAUFIK as an independent player...

16. mela24

mela24 New Member

Hi guys, long time lurker first time joining and actually posting on the forum lol.

anyway...i was searching for any news and interviews with Taufik regarding his resignation, and did i found a goldmine. He actually have a very cool website (www.taufik-hidayat.com), and it is very active, in fact he has his own blog! he wrote regularly, and it's good to hear his thoughts on many subjects, specifically his resignation.

the website also posted an official statement by Taufik regarding his decision to leave PBSI.

i know i'll sound like a sap pathetic woman, but his words do really touch me. even though i know, many behind him has tweaked the words, but still, it is from his own words.

17. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    Taufik said he will become a better player after quitting PBSI..

18. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Talents and skill has never been the problem for TH. Lack of focus/determination and stamina otoh..... Let's see if going independent will rekindle his play. He's still part of SGS so he should be able to utilize their resources.

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..really???..this is the 1st time it's all about Taufik??...Well, to tell you the truth, there have been many threads that are related/dedicated/specially custom made/tailor made to Taufik. This is just one of them.;)
    ..it's all good & dandy he has his own "personal" website; and it's in English, too!!:cool: But do you really think he wrote all those in English, himself??..:confused: ;)

20. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    A recent post in another thread suggests that his wife Amy does the English translation :)