Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

We can't possibly know which racket will serve you best - that depends on a whole lot of things.
    Switching rackets itself is not gonna aggravate your wrist injury, but the fact you might not be 100% comfortable with one can. A different racket will swing differently, and if you're unlucky, you might try to adapt mid-swing and that can be rather dangerous with wrist injuries. I have a underlying problem with my wrist, which is normally not bothering me. If I do one particular things though, it'll be back full force. Sadly I won't be able to fully cure it as that would entail a complete break from badminton and anything else stressing the wrist for at least a month, more likely two.....time I can under no circumstances take off from training :D

Anyhow, try to make a choice and stay with roughly similar rackets (i.e. only head heavy rackets, only balanced, only quick...). You won't have to completely part from your other rackets, but should only play with them sparingly, and then for a complete session as well. It's crazy how much influence just warming up with a racket has - I can switch between my Bs09 and something heavier (like Oliver T50P/Mx80) without difficulty as long as I warm up with the racket I want to use for the entire session. Switching mid-session is much more difficult and I only do it if I haven't started with my go-to (Bs09) but want to go back to it.

About the rackets - you should have a coach or really good player help you with that (or take video and post it on the forum). You'll need to analyze your swing, your strengths, your weaknesses, and find a racket that suits your swing and strengths best. Optimally, it shouldn't weaken your own weaknesses even further, but that's often not possible.
    Example: if you have a decent, but not very explosive swing and a good smash, the medium and head heavy VT70 would be your best bet. It's rather weak defensively, so if that's one of your weaknesses, you would need to work on that extra hard, while not losing your edge concerning smashing, or find a tactical way around that weakness.

#2181 j4ckie, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  2. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

[MENTION=107099]TeddyC[/MENTION]: The thing is you are getting better smashes from a medium (shaft stiffness) and head heavy. So the BS12 might not suit that aspect of your game (even balanced). It is a good racket but you'll need time to adapt or you'll end up selling it (like I did).

If you liked the JJS, there's the MX-60 that is medium in shaft stiffness and will be a little more balanced towards the head but not as much as the VT70.

Or you could try to find a 4U VT70 (I think you didn't said if yours was 3U or 4U).

I hope this helps

3. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Tks j4ckie n Mendell
    Appreciate ur words of wisdom 8-D

J4ckie hope ur wrist gets well n, yes, u do nd to take time off to heal like I did...lol

Mendell, the MX-60 looks like a bumblebee 8-D It has no appeal to me...mind me, am particular bout the aesthetic looks of my rackets :cool:

Am using 3u Vt70. Depending on what u got at the store, I personally dont think there's a significant weight gap between 3u n 4u to affect a person's gameplay, correct me if I am wrong. The reason being the heaviest of 4u would b close to the lightest of 3u n u wont really know its weight until u bought the racket.

Anyway, I think I will stick to MX-JJS n Vt70 for a while...will give myself some time to discover which one is right for me.

4. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

TeddyC, you are right. Usually if a racket is designed to be made in 3U, the variations in weight coming out of production will determine if it is indeed a 3U or if it is slightly lighter, around let's say 84g it'll end up in 4U. But you have to consider the other extreme as you could have a heavy 3U. You can't know for sure until you weight it.

I know the MX-60 doesn't look really good (called it my pee colored racket just last week) but the specs are around what you are looking for. Also, you could try the BS12 and if you want more head weight, just add some athletic tape at the top of the racket. You can also train and develop your play around a stiffer racket like the JJS and it will serve you really well, because it is a great racket!

5. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Tks for the advice, Mendell.
    Out of the three options u suggested, the third one is the best :cool:
    For now, I just nd time to adapt...

6. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
  7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah....if I'm right and the price is in RMB, it comes to a whopping 460€. I think with me moving soon I rather want to buy a bed than a racket, I'll probably be happier that way....at least in the long run :D

8. amleto

amleto Regular Member

reading elsewhere I think that price is taiwan dollar. 1$ ~ 0.2 rmb. => 3700$ -> 95€

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That wouldn't be too bad, actually, only 5€ above the local price (excl. shipping, of course)

10. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Nah man, it's Taiwanese Dollars.

I'm hanging for a new toy. I'm probably most interested in the new Adidas AdiZero Pro, but the local shop has both AU coded BS09s and BS11's, so I'm tempted to get one of those before they go the way of the dinosaur. I should go in and measure their BP, see how they stack up to the other coded versions.

Anyway, out of curiosity I've sent SOSA an email, see if they can mail internationally.

11. slovakia

slovakia New Member

12. amleto

amleto Regular Member

I think you're in the wrong thread :mad::eek:

13. ah tat

ah tat Regular Member

student
    seems like kim sarang is using a new meteor x
    mx.jpg

#2193 ah tat, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  14. Yahoooo

Yahoooo Regular Member

Aaa
    hey Maklike..can you intro me some local shop in australia?jz came here dunno where to find badminton shop

15. visor

visor Regular Member

Looks like MX90. ;) Mostly white.

16. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    looks like its coming very soon

17. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Where are you exactly? Australia is a big place. :)

18. Yahoooo

Yahoooo Regular Member

Aaa
    i m staying in melbourne..

19. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Tired twice BS LYD twice yesterday and last week.. couldn't get use to the racket..

It seem to be heavier and stiffer than BS 9...

Will give upself more time to get use to the racket...

20. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Okay, aside from a few Pro shops (there's one in Glen Waverley which is supposed to be good, but I've never been there) there's three major shops in Melbourne.

1. The Shop Otherwise Known as the Victor Shop. It's run by a guy called Lucas Yao. It's in South Melbourne, at the bottom end of Clarendon Street. Catch the 112 tram from Spencer Street, and ask the driver to let you off at the end of Clarendon Street. Walk back up Clarendon Street 50m or so and it's on the right hand side.

He's got every Victor racket, many of which are AU coded, as well as the high end Kason, Yonex, and Mizuno. There's a lot crammed in to a small shop. Advertised prices are retail, but you should be able to talk him down. He's a pretty good stringer, too.

2. There's also two 'Stadium Sports' shops, one in Box Hill Central, and one used to be in Richmond on Victoria street but I don't know if it's still there. They have the usual plethora of Yonex stuff, yadda yadda.

Lucas is probably your best bet if you're staying in the city.