Will Lee Chong Wei remain World No.1 until the 2012 OG?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Apr 6, 2009.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Otb, I know you make that prediction earlier and in fact that could be the only way to prevent lyb from manipulating china players ranking further:D

imagine a fresh Chen long can do damage to lcw, what about a fresh lcw can do ?:D

I think beside sending any of china player, be it 1, 2 or 3 packing also lyb crying :crying: :p :crying:

Anyway, it's so easy said than done :eek: :p :D

#841 pBmMalaysia, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    PG and lcw shd work closely. good one otb. Pls inform their coaches. or fb them. ;)

3. extremenanopowe

Initially my thought is also to have PG give WO to LCW in JO. I guess PG's ego is bigger that that. ;)

LCW would have been fresher to take on CL then. ;)

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    The Match was fixed :-O .. He lost on purpose.. Their sponsor told them to give LCW an easy win and then he threw the game to LCW to keep him well rested to the finals :)

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    sounds like nerds who fighting for the exam results

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I am only musing on match fixing, talk is easy and cheap, to actually do it is another story. The reason is LYB is in supreme control of CBA, he is the mother of all bosses and he can use the players as a chess game, do as he please and the players buy into this scheme, whether willingly or reluctantly they have no choice. Match fixing in CHN works.
    There is no way PG or DEN as a whole will join in this match fixing game. LCW is solidly rank in the top 4 for OLY12, he just have to maintain either 1 or 2 to be drawn opposite of LD, in other words LCW does not need the points for now. PG is rank 4 and CJ is at 6 now catching up fast. PG needs the points to deny CJ in the top 4. And you can be sure if there is any chance for CJ to pick up WR points, LYB will do it in a heartbeat.
    If you think by having PG throw his match to LCW at SF, so LCW can be fresh and beat CL, then you are missing the point and focussing on JO11 and all these SS titles. I am looking at the big O, which is what LYB, LD and CHN really wants, and that is the only reason LD is staying on despite having won everything and not retire yet. LD endorsement fees alone is more than all these SS wins.
    If LCW said he is focussing on OLY and not these SS, then he has to learn to be creative and play his cards wisely. Sacrifice an SS title if he meets PG at SF, lose some US dollars, swallow some pride, but silently laughing away, why not? LCW would sure rather face 2 CHN MS in OLY than 3 straight. If LCW wins the big O, we are talking rewards into the millions, SS titles are in the thousands, kachang puteh lah.
    If LCW throws his match to PG, even if CL beat PG at F, PG gets more losing finalist points than losing semi-finalist points and maintain that points gap against CJ. It is all about PG getting as many WR points as possible to deny CHN of having 3 MS in top 4.
    IMO, between CL and CJ, TSB would rather have CL in OLY than CJ. CL is still a 'rookie' at the big stage and he screwed up at WO11, whereas CJ was always dangerous and played his heart out in WC, AE, OLY.
    On another note, as for match fixing in MAS now, even if MAS has the top players to match fix, that is very difficult to do because there is no way KLRC or NUSA would agree to have their player throw a game to LCW. In the past, haven't Roslin and Yo-Yo beaten LCW or gave him a hard run. Nobody in MAS has the kind of supreme control LYB has.
    That is my take;)

#846 OneToughBirdie, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  7. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    It is very tough to beat CHN MS and WS players and CHN has done her part in producing world class players. To be and to maintain the top 3 in CHN is a feat in itself, it is ultra competitive environment. Take for instance, a still young BCL 'force' retire, ZL, LL, XXZ (reigning WC cannot defend their WC titles as they are not good enough to make the team and retire), Gong WJ, DPY, WZM, and you name them all plus those gals who 'migrate' out like Xu Huai Wen, PHY, WC, YJ, etc. who go on to play past their 30's in other countries. JYJ alone would give the rest of the world hiccups, yet cannot make CHN team, that tells us how tough it is.

But if PG or TH gets a WO to final to face CL who also got a WO, that is an even playing field, no one gets any advantage or rest.

As to your comment that, would PG beat CL if LCW gave him a WO in JO11, that is 50-50 IMO. If LD indeed has a real toe injury, forget about beating CL, LD would be real stupid to play anyone anyway.

Likewise, if LCW has a real shoulder pain and WO, I am okay with that. But if LCW throw a WO faking an injury, and I take vacation, fly into Japan, hotel and pay tickets, not only would I cry 'foul' but I would be mighty pissed and scream $#&^@.

It is easy for us arm chair spectators or web browsers with nothing to lose, except losing sleep, sitting in front of a computer screen, stark naked scratching our balls watching live streaming, anticipating to see a game that turn to dust, and say it is all okay for WO to happen.

8. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    As I have said I would be more happy to watch LCW vs. CL in Japan than LD vs. LCW in the finals. And I would not have paid for travel/ticket ticket just to go watch one game between LD vs. CL anyway. I would guess that LDs motivation to "give" LCW a sparring opportunity was pretty low to begin with, and that LYB probably prefferedd CL to get a good sparring opportunity with LCW.

It is hard to get "pissed" either way for suspicions and speculation about injuries.

Some people have said that Taufik has placed bets against himself trough proxies and then earned alot of money by loosing to lower ranked players ths WC and US (Zwiebler) etc. But I honestly hate it with all this unfounded speculations!!!

If match fixing, doping, team-order etc. can be proved. Then lets have severe punishment to deter things like that.. But unfounded accusations, based on "patterns" or "history" does not lead to anything more than more speculation, discussion, really imop!

And No I think PG would have been an easier scalp for CL than against LCW in this years JO finals :)

9. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    You are in Sweden and I am in Canada. There is no major baddy events in either countries, so unless you and me get of our butt and fly out, you ain't gonna see live events, other than live stream and download.
    BTW, I would not fly to see one game only, that is a big risk cos the players I hope to see may not happen and got KO early. I want to see the whole event from day 1 to end, and with my friends to go along. I feel for those fans who take time to pay to see.
    LYB want CL or CJ to play LCW than LD for sure, especially CJ who needs to get into the top 4. The less LD plays LCW the better to lessen exposure, whereas CL has a poor record against LCW so he needs match practice and gain confidence since being WR3, there is high probability that CL will be in LCW half in OLY12.
    I noted you joined in 2003, before me, what have you been reading all these while? There are quotes from CHN newspaper of LYB openly and proudly admitted he fixed match results, YZH losing to GZC in OLY SF as GZC has better chances of beating Mia, ZM confirmed team order as she has to throw her SF match to ZN in OLY04 as LYB deemed ZN has better chance against MA, and CHN players would play the 1st set all out, the winner would win the match with the loser of the 1st set throwing the 2nd set and so on.
    I always said years ago, there are 2 ways to look at this match fixing. As a fan that pay for the tickets, it really sucks. For you and me sitting at home, with our arse on the chair, butt naked scratching itchy balls watching for free live streaming, it cost us nothing, so who care about match fixing, WO or players putting on a show.
    Now, if I am LYB, my job is to win, bonuses await, there is no BWF rules against match fixing, no way you can prove faking injury, match fixing and WO, and I have all the players like playing cards to manipulate the outcome of a match, you can bet your arse I would do it.
    So much for sportsmanship, and given the same opportunity, INA, MAS, KOR would do the same, except for DEN IMO. So where is the 'severe punishments' as you said, none and business as usual.
    Now this 'injury' and WO and intentionally throwing a game is difficult to prove, that I agree. And gambling and betting is there.

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Uncle OTB, again, I like the last sentence of your post. You never failed to impress.

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Lol,isnt it already answered, legally democratic Msia & India would not allow any form of match fixing, not for years & years, not with the chief coach publically saying he did so(refer to the other thread on match fixing). Somebody along the way will surelly complain/report, then will have investigations,etc,etc.
    THere have been China fans who have said other countries will also do the same if they had that number of good players, many times it's been discussed that other countries would not & dare not, due to the serious consequences if reported(has happened). Because if get caught, the player will have to bear the guilt himself/herself, the coach & official can wash hands say they dunno although it's coach instruction. That's democracy, more individualistic

Let's say Zhou Mi was not asked to give way to Zhang Nang in 2004 OG(ZN was considered to have better chance than Zhou Mi) and lets say Zhou Mi beat ZN during 2004 OG. Then lets say Zhou Mi lost in the finals of 2004. She could have won yes, she could have also lost.;)

#851 eaglehelang, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  12. extremenanopowe

I like this. Badminton is becoming like 'village or kampung' game. ;)

Betting or match fixing. Anything goes man.. lol. ;)

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Why not allow our players to play/perform their best all the time?

That's the problem when match-fixing is done/used. :(:(:(

Why not allow our players to play/perform their best all the time?

When artificial results are created via match-fixing, our Badminton followers will be confused as to who are our better players. :eek::eek::eek:

14. extremenanopowe

It's called bwf is allowing an 'opening of a new can of worm in sports'. ;)

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Actually uncle, can be reduced, if BWF are not such wimps compared to other sports associations(see the match fixing thread/s);)

16. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I don't know about you but I visit quite a few SS and BWFs event yearly, and frankly I do not think it "sucks" that much as you make it out.. I did not visit this JO.. But I think the tournament was great, And I do not think it would have been a significantly more entertainment value with that extra match between the "mates" LD and CL. That ssingle match would not be the "dealbreaker" for me, and would not be the reason for me to book a seat there.. And I rather substitute that match to an exciting final betwen CL and LCW, a matchup I havent seen as many times ass the "usual" LCW vs. LD.

Don't get me wrong I love the LD vs. LCW meets.. But lets face it, these meetings are VERY exciting on big occations but not THAT exciting (at least not to me) during a std. SS-event.

I will go to Denmark Open in a few weeks, and frankly I would not feel any frustration if I get "robbed" of a semi between LD and CL in DK as well.

So I will not be very upset about that, I think there will be plenty of more exciting games to watch!! From the discussion it seems you will be more pissed of when you "sit with your arse on the chair, butt naked scratching itchy balls watching for free live streaming" :)

As a badminton fan I do not go to DO just to watch a LD vs. LCW final. I am intelligent enough to understand that both players will consider this tournament as important as OG, WC etc.. For these players these SS torunaments are "just another day on the job".. basically.. For me as a fan it is more exciting to watch Victor Axelsen, JOs comeback after injury.. If CJ will be able to give LCW a fight, If WZM can give Gade some run for the money on his home tournament etc. etc. So many great matches to look forward to apart from yet another LCW vs. LD exhibition..

17. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I lost track of badminton from 1978 (after I left MAS) to 2004 (pick up baddy again) and you are right, I have not seen nor play baddy during that period of time as I was busy setting up my business. However, whenever I go home to MAS every 2-3 years, I try to time my visit to see a tourney, and in 2005 I organized a trip of 15 people to WC2005, there was no WO and no match fixing cos CHN MS got KO early with only LD left in the final 4 and we seen the best of TH.
    I guess to each his own that you are okay with match fixing, convenient WO, faking injury (if that is proven true) and you are entitled to your views.
    It is just my expression of saying '"sit with your arse on the chair, butt naked scratching itchy balls watching for free live streaming" to posters, maybe, maybe including you, who support WO, faking injury, match fixing, cos you are not the paying-ticket fans and nothing to lose, just free punching into your keyboard in Sweden. BTW, you are not alone of this, you have been around BC since 2003 and you would know there are many posters who also support your views on this topic.
    But you also cut of my next sentence 'it cost us nothing, so who care about match fixing, WO or players putting on a show'. That's right, I could not care less cos' I did not pay to see the game nor did I stay late into the night life streaming, and neither would I get excited as I do not bet, and have nothing financial to gain whether LCW wins or not. I am more worried how my portfolio is doing if Europe crashed.;)
    This baddy thingie does not bother me, as I always said from past postings 'life is too short and precious to worry and bitch on everything and baddy is the least of my priority'. Like I say, it is a free world, we all agree to disagree, and you are definitely entitled to your views and conviction on WO and match fixing (no breaking BWF rules), faking injury (cannot prove it). I have no problem with that.
    Say Hi to those Scandinavian chicks, OTB is coming to Sweden one of these days to check them out, err, I mean to check out the country, cheers.;)

#857 OneToughBirdie, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  18. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I am not sure why you seem to think that I am OK with matchfixing, just because I think the comments and "outrage" are blown out of proportion for the "obvious"??? reason that LD seems to want to avoid matchups with LCW, (and LCW does not seem to eager to play LD as well).

I also think the "advantages" of "not playing" are highly exhaggerated, and the dissadvantages are totally overlooked.

To me it seems many fans are "outraged" all the time regardless of results, as long as there is a player from China who takes the gold!

If its a WO, then these fans never gives it any benefit of a doubt, when the players is from China (even if you even can see the twisted ankle on the replays :).. they blame CGI, acting etc. If the match is really tight they say it is staged to look "real".. If the lower ranked Chineese wins, then it is team-order to help the favourite.. If the lower ranked player on the other hand wins, then it is still of course a team-order to boost rating/seeding etc. etc.. So It will not really be easy to stop the most vocal critics once the notion has been set that there is "disshonesty" in the team.. If they beleive the match is fixed or the injury was faked, they will go on believing that regardles if it is true or not...

Summertime in Sweden is perfect for chick-hunting :) And more sun and warm weather makes it easer to spot them.. err I mean enjoy the beautiful nature ...

19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Chill out guys, Leave the chicks out and let one, be a good host and the other, be a good guest. All thanks to badminton.

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    :D:D:D Agree. Unless we are looking for chicks to play WS, WD or XD.